Brain Fog and Memory Loss

Hey there , I have been doing from an year . I have been into long streaks of 5 and 2 months before this . It’s been 15 days since I last fapped two times a couple of weeks ago . I rejoined this app after that . I have recovered form many relapses but this one is different . Usually , my mind gets cleared after a week or two of nofap after any relapse . But this time , it has really gotten worse . My brain is clouded like hell , I can’t think , learn and recall things . I am facing serious brain fog and memory loss . Not able to remember what I have learnt or what I already know (As a student , this affects very hard ) . I face difficulty in even writing . I have faced these issues many times previously , but this one is worse than ever .
I am meditating 15 minutes everyday but I get no time to exercise because of school . And yeah , I spend way more screen time .
But I am trying my best to get away from this , I have successfully got ridden of brain fog many times , but I have come really far with this one .
Please give your advises on this and let me know whether it is really an issue or not or I am just making it worse by thinking more about it . And if it is , what can I do to overcome this faster ?

3 Likes

Same happens with me , see don’t give much attention to that cuz if you are going to give attention then probably it will decrease your confidence level and even your brain can’t able to work properly ! even it is capable to resolve it but still u can’t do it so. It will be normal by the time, just continue by the time it will go!

3 Likes

This happens generally after relapses, it’s normal but i understand the feeling is not normal… it’s a feedback as what you lose once you relapse… it remains for around 3 days and gradually goes away completely with in a week, but to get best results and that too faster then max after 2 days you should start working out to sweat-out the side effects of relapses and also take/accept any mental task, if you are working then u will get that in office, and if u r a student then take any subject which requires lot of focus and concentration specially problem solving. This will force your mind to think to solve the problem (office work, or your studies, or any situation) will help to flow more blood to your brain and thus soon it will flush out the unwanted cluttered or cloudy effects from your brain like flushing of Unwanted elements through sweats when you workout…This is as per my experience bro, it might work for you too.
Also, not to forget, pls continue your mediation and eat good foods.

2 Likes

thanks for your suggestions brother

1 Like

ok , will follow these from now :+1 and its just 5 days until my vacations so I will work out hard in that period

2 Likes

Are you taking good sleep? If you are not able to recall what you study it’s highly likely that you aren’t taking enough sleep, our minds can’t retain things we study if we don’t sleep well, min 7-8 hrs of sleep per night is recommended to retain whatever you are studying.

2 Likes

Yep I am taking around 7 hours of sleep everyday . Still , I feel sleepy and non energetic all day

2 Likes

But I followed what people advised me above and it did really work to an extent but my brain got clouded again by mid day because of tiredness

1 Like

Yup it might be because of lack of sleep. Thoda neend ka time bdha lo :sweat_smile:

Abhi 2 din toh jaldi uthna hi padega fir lambe vacations hai , usme neend poori karenge

1 Like

After learning all these things and researching a bit on this issue . I have landed onto the conclusion that my brain fog has been extended due to lack of exercise and enough sleep + stress . I have not been exercising since I last relapsed and my body hasn’t totally got out of it . I faced several heavy nightfalls on my way so far and they really affected me too . Lack of sleep has been making me lazy and unclear all day . And because of all of these things , I have been in heavy stress from past few weeks which worsened my issue . So overall due to certain uneasy conditions , my brain fog got time to expand and reach this level . Now as I know exactly where I have been making mistakes , I will try my best to get out of this ASAP . In two days , as my vacations will start , I am gonna do exercise hard , get enough sleep and get this sucky thing outta my head .

• thanks to all of those who helped me in this and warm wishes to them for their nofap jourey . I wish this diary will be helpful for others facing the same issue . Looking forward to continue my journey .
1 Like

Hmm, How is your sleep?

Its just a matter of one more day , then I will fulfil my necessary sleep . Yesterday night , it suddenly rained and electricity was gone , due to that I could not get enough sleep . But my day is going quite better till now .

Bad sleep because of anxiety made me feel extremely forgetful during the day for a few months. I didnt realize I had such bad sleep because I got used to it so I couldnt find the reason. Finally when I moved elsewhere and the anxiety got better I also regained normal memory

yep . that’s the last thing I can blame on for my memory problems . Even though I am getting around 7 hours of sleep everyday , the quality of sleep isn’t relaxing . Because of anxiety and clouded brain , I get uneasy sleep and heavy dreams which reduce my quality of sleep and thereby affect me in the day .

I think thats the issue then. For me the thing that caused the bad sleep was stress at university in engineering. I dropped the studies. Thats what I had to do to get better. Perhaps things like this exist in your life at the moment?

1 Like

I am in 10th standard . Generally , I don’t feel really stressed about studies but as I am having a mind not at the fullest , it gives me stress and worries about my studies . Also , after I learn anything , I fear that I will forget it and that makes me recall it again n again in my mind and when I am not able to do so , I get more stressed .

You should pick up running or lifting weights in order to free your mind. Additionally, this remarkable habit will improve your sleep by making your muscles fatigued ;-D

Yeah I have dumbles for weight lifting and I was doing it too before the school days .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.