Books Verse (Checklist✅)

Hey Guys, I hope everything is going great, so the main purpose of this thread is to keep a checklist of books that I will read in future. I just bought a new self-help book for the first time and looking at it it motivates me to finish it. I hope this thread and books will help me to get to a better situation.

Book List

1. How to Stop Worrying and Start Living - 12/06/23 :white_check_mark:
  2. The 5 AM CLUB - 9/07/23✅
  3. Winning Attitude - 1/08/23
14 Likes

Hey @Amitroghates, Calm down. If anyone has to check then they can do it by themselves,weren’t you a part of some Atomic habits Challenge?

3 Likes

[ This post is changed by author because the conversation was irrelevant ]

1 Like

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living - 12/06/23 :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

Completed the book till the 9 th section and only on section is left but the last section isn’t that beneficial for me (not meant for me) so I skipped it.

It is such a wonderful book and I am astonished by the fact that the book was published in 1948 and it still captures the solution to the relevant problems in our daily life

One of my favourite poem from this book

4 Likes

I am going to start :tada: The 5 AM Club :tada:

I just bought it yesterday I am so excited to start it although I want to re read my previous book but it is not that application based and… I am proud of the fact that I did bargaining and bought it in lesser price. I’ll definitely share the experience of reading this book.

Till Then, Toodles.

4 Likes

I am 100 pages away from completing book, I have no Electricity today at my home. I guess I’ll complete 3/4 of it today.

5 Likes

You can share insights of yours on this book as well.

2 Likes

I am sharing this too but I know it won’t be helpful until unless you read the book is which totally based on this summary.

6 Likes

I swear to god, I told my mom about the experience of reading The 5AM Club and it’s advices and My mom said I am giving you the same advices from so many years and that’s true because it’s the same advices, the difference is the exceptional good use vocab and the way the book conveys messages. Sorry Mom for neglecting your advices on my studys. :joy: Although I will still not listen to you even though you are always right :skull:

6 Likes

Excepts for some tips and tricks every advice you read in self help books is similar to advice what parents tell you.

When you parents tell you " Keep that damn phone away and go outside " you feel bad. But when you see influencial people say " Digital Detox Challenge " you get motivated. At the end of day both the advice is literally same :joy:

Reminds me of Mark Manson quote

" Its not about what advice you give , Its about the way you give your advice "

5 Likes

Yeah same like, I agree with the idea but I disagree with the tone.
Sometimes, I think self help books are much better because it let us process the words at our own pace unlike our parents who wants us to act straight at the advice :joy::joy:

3 Likes

“One sign you haven’t done enough reading is if you find yourself agreeing with whatever book you read last. At first, it’s easy to be swayed by any reasonable argument. Once you’ve read a lot, you can see that even the best arguments have limitations.” ~ Le my excuse to buy another book.

1 Like

100% Agreed.

Tone and speech matters a lot.
Alongwith the past relationship with speaker.

There was a story in 9th or 10th English book about an aspiring actor. He got a role in movie as side actor but his heart broken into million when he got to know that he only has a one word dialogue. Lol. But later he discovered the importance of just 1 word by using it in different tones and speeches which changed the meaning of same word drastically.

I forget the name, It was written by a famous Indian Author…
The story was great.

1 Like

As of 31/7/2023, I have successfully completed the 5 AM CLUB.:white_check_mark:

It is a great book that you can use to improve your life and whether your life improves or not, but you will definitely gain more vocabulary knowledge. It’s filled with new words and sentences with deep meaning.

…And today I bought a new book and it’s Jeff Keller’s Winning Attitude, which cost me more than the previous one. But before I start it, I’m thinking of re-reading my first book How to stop worrying and start living to make sure I don’t forget what it’s guidelines.

Here’s a picture of my latest book.

The Font on the cover definitely need some change though.

2 Likes

What book did Mark Mason make that quote, I want to read it

4 Likes

Its a book called Subtle art of not giving a f**k. A very good book to change perception of yourself. Make sure you read it in a neutral and open mind because there will some principles mentioned there that’s no one talked about making you difficult to digest those.

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll definitely read it

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.