📖 Book-Gates ( Greatest Book Summaries )

Welcome to Book-Gates : The Greatest Book Summaries Thread

In this thread anyone can contribute book self improvement , time management summaries they have read.

Book-Gates Title is inspired by the name Bill Gates.

4 Likes

Hyperfocus
Hyperfocus by Chris Bailey

2023-07-06T20:21:00Z

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the constant distractions and interruptions in your life? Do you struggle to focus on what matters most and get things done? Do you wish you could be more creative and innovative in your work and personal projects?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might benefit from reading Hyperfocus by Chris Bailey. Hyperfocus is a practical guide to managing your attention – the most powerful resource you have to become more creative, get stuff done, and live a more meaningful life.

In this book, Bailey reveals how the brain switches between two mental modes – hyperfocus, our deep concentration mode, and scatterfocus, our creative, reflective mode – and how the surest path to being our most productive and efficient selves at work is to combine them both.

Hyperfocus teaches you how to:

Identify and deal with the four key types of distraction and interruption that prevent you from focusing.

Establish a clear physical and mental environment in which to work and eliminate unnecessary clutter and noise.

Control your motivation and work fewer hours to become more productive by setting intentional goals and deadlines.

Take time-outs with purpose and use breaks, meditation, and exercise to recharge your attention and energy.

Multitask strategically and learn when to switch between tasks and when to single-task.

Learn when to pay attention and when to let your mind wander wherever it wants to, depending on the type of work you are doing.

By transforming how you think about your attention, Hyperfocus reveals that the more effectively you learn to take charge of it, the better you’ll be able to manage every aspect of your life.

3 Likes

@Nerbo
@The_Rising_One

@The_Beast_prospect
@rajameghanan
@Binocular

Please check out this thread

3 Likes

Although I’ve read a few self-improvement books and I’ll share some of them here, however take a due note here " fellow readers" that It would go all in waste if you dont apply even one principle taught in a book.
So its good to read less here but apply more in practical sense in your life, as hands-on experience is the most important aspect.

2 Likes

It’s the most important point everyone needs to know. :clap::pray:

1 Like

Nice thread bro , I’ll surely start once I start with my reading habit

1 Like

Summery of How To Win Friends and Influence People
Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

3 Likes

Wow ! . You have provided a notion link for book summary.

@Doncarlo

I found a guy in this forum who is using notion just like me.

@The_Rising_One @Nerbo

Check out notion note taking software and can be used as a project management software for organizing your challenges, diaries and many more

2 Likes

i use notion for mostly all my work Finance , Habit Tracker & Task also.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Do you use notion formulas for customisation of graphs and automation ?

No bro i don’t know that much advance in notion

1 Like

2023-07-07T17:05:00Z

Atomic Habits :atom_symbol:
Author : James Clear
Part : 1
Summary : :open_book:
Atomic Habits is a book that teaches you how to create good habits and break bad ones by applying a simple framework called the Four Laws of Behavior Change. The book explains how habits are the compound interest of self-improvement, meaning that small changes can lead to big results over time. The book also shows you how to focus on your system rather than your goals, how to shape your identity through your habits, and how to design your environment to support your desired behaviors.

The Four Laws of Behavior Change are:

• Make it obvious: Make the cues that trigger your habits visible and clear.
  • Make it attractive: Make the rewards that follow your habits appealing and satisfying.
  • Make it easy: Make the actions that comprise your habits simple and effortless.
  • Make it satisfying: Make the outcomes that result from your habits positive and rewarding.
1 Like

I had also created Summary of atomic habits if you want I can share so it would be easy for you to create here

1 Like

Please share atomic habits summary.

@Doncarlo

Everyone’s summary is unique.

Here is the Summery of Atomic Habits

1 Like

Nice summary

@Doncarlo

Keep it up.

1 Like

Good luck, guy! You can do this! Work on it! Study a lot! Do exercise! You can do this!

1 Like

You can do this!

Here’s my tips:
1- Motivate others
2- Do your tasks!
3- Use Life RPG to begin tasks and do this! You’ve got to use it wisely!
4- Clean your dishes!
5- Do your daily tasks
6- Have faith on you!
7- Exercise!
8- Conventrate!
9- Be far form cellphones!

1 Like

Have faith on you! You’ve got to work on it! Work a lot! Work with consistency! Study a lot! Do your daily tasks a lot! Try to exercise a lot and a lot and a lot! Do hobbies! Try to read! Try to draw! Do whatever you want! If something goes to your head do it except it’s bat! Don’t hear your traumas! Don’t hear! Feel your will! Feel your dream!

2 Likes

@ruiresponsavel
Please dont share off topic in this thread as it is related to Book Summaries. However, you can create a thread of your own to share these things.

Thanks…

1 Like