*Sit in Padmasana and relax your whole body.
- Close your eye and start breathing. Be aware of the natural breathing process for a few minutes.
- Now contract the sphincter muscle of the anus and for a few seconds without straining, and relax the whole body.
- Make sure you confine this contraction to the anal area only.
- Repeat the contraction for as long as possible.
- While you do the contraction and relaxation process, try to perform it smoothly and rhythmically.
- Gradually, you can increase the contraction more.
For this version of Ashwini Mudra, try to sit on a towel that is rolled or on the heels. Check Ashwini Mudra pictures to know how. This will increase the pressure on the Muladhara Chakra. The steps for doing this Ashwini Mudra yoga are:
- Inhale and fill one-third of the total capacity of the lungs.
- Now, contract and relax your anus twice in a second. This should be done at least 15 times approximately.
- Exhale slowly.
- Repeat the whole process of inhaling and contracting the muscles 15 times.
- Now breathe out slowly.
- Try it once more. Fill one-third of the total capacity of the lungs for the third and last time.
- Contract and relax the muscles for the last 15 times.
- Now, this time, do not breathe out. Instead, press the chin with the chest by pulling the shoulders forward. The heat will be felt.
- Now breathe out through the nose and release the tension. You will feel the energy in the entire body.