Anxiety, depression and feeling tired during quitting p

Hello everyone!
Im at day 5 of quitting p…My record is 65 days… Last times i came back to p… because i felt that i need it (it was mistake for sure).
When i tried to quit it last time it was 5 months ago and i felt better. Now im feeling horrible. I have a daily anxiety, change of moods, feel little depressed. Im scared that is some kind of illnes or smth.
I can also say that im free from alcohol and weed for 6 months and i feel everything “more”.
Do you have same experiences?
Bless you Draco :))

2 Likes

Hi there!!

Anxiety and depression are necessary in the rewiring phase for that’s good sign that your brain is getting used to the normal doses of dopamine ( Hormone of pleasure ) So don’t be afraid buddy, it’s perfectly normal, you will end up feeling more confident and happy eventually.
It’s just a matter of time.

1 Like

You are not alone.
I was diagnosed with clinical depression around 5-6 months ago. After a few sessions i stopped going, and now I’m trying to get back on my feet all by myself.

To be honest it’s not just one thing that leads to this. It’s a mixture of everything like PMO, career related stress, loneliness, inferiority complex that leads to my depression. And the worst thing is everything is related and depends on each other. So you just can’t remove one thing to solve the problem.

But I’m trying to get out of it slowly. Slowly getting to get into a routine, trying to workout and do the things that I like and also try to work on a hobby.

At times I feel like everything is worthless and what is even the need to do it. You start to lose interest in stuff.
Mostly at night before going to bed, i get serious anxiety attacks thinking about my uncertain dark future and worst are the regrets that I have from my past that haunts me and keep me awake. And none is related to pmo. PMO is just an escape mechanism for my brain to escape from the reality into the fantasy world where there are no such problems of real life. But you can’t live in the fantasy world forever and need to wake up to the real life where all the problems are still waiting. Another escape mechanism is sleeping a lot and dreaming.

I’m currently on day 17.
I don’t have any strong urges, just get a few mild ones which is very easy to overcome. But I kind of feel free and light headed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.