Adult Webseries Ad in Rewirecompanion App 😭

I am sorry to bring this discussion but I am getting some adult webseries ads in the bottom panel of Rewirecompanion app. For an addict, it is not suitable to see adult webseries ads in an app like rewirecompanion

Please take action on this.

If by purchasing any premium subscription / or by donating to RC app will remove ads, then I am ready to donate.

@debellator

4 Likes

These ads are nothing but google ads recommendation, i guess.
And, those work mainly by collecting your regular browsing data. Take care of your browsing, if you’re watching bad things with your youtube account or just searching with your google account.

Easy fix is to delete your previous google history from google account and continue with a healthy browsing habit.

If this has happened for first time and its not again showing you regularly then take a chill, that was just a random recommendation.

6 Likes

I am using different phone with a different account for all good content to avoid triggers. Was not watching anything bad content in youtube non of the accounts for 1 months. But I think they capture IP address of the internet provider and previous searches.

2 Likes

Naah it works with account association. Rarely it works without it. Treat it as a random bump, just like a scene when you’re walking in a park.

2 Likes

Delete the search history of the other accounts also. I don’t know if this will solve the adds problem but I’m saying this because those other accounts you use for watching bad stuffs in themselves are triggering. By deleting the search history of those other accounts, you can increase the friction between you and your bad habits. As James Clear suggests, the more difficult it is to access those triggers, the less likely you are to engage in those behaviors.

2 Likes

You can buy the app’s full version. You buy it once and you won’t have any add in it. I did it years ago and I already forgot about that there was ever adds here.

7 Likes

Thats google ads so we cant stop that. And you can buy ad free versioj. It was around 99.

2 Likes

I don’t experience ads because I have given donation to the app. It’s a nice way to keep the app running and also prevent bugs like that. There are also a few more features you get post supporting the app, like more colors/themes within the app and more precise relapse data (though I’m not really sure what that’s about)

If you are not able to donate, another option is to go to google settings and turn off personalized ads, you will stop getting personalized ads (because like the others said, Google does advertising based on IP etc) and you will just get generic ads.

3 Likes

@debellator

Thanks for your response.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.