[abrahman] Will share my journey here

I installed this app in 19 nov 2021 went on to 173 days streak then relapsed after that I maintain 2 one month streak but now I am relapsing frequently. I have decided to take some paid courses and see how it works. Will share my journey here. Tbh the reason why I am sharing all this here is because I need some motivation from you guys and advice and encouragement.
Hope it works out
Wish me all the best :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

We’re here for you, I’m excited to witness your journey! Wishing you all the best. :smile:

1 Like

I will post hadith every day for the benefit of all of us because if I’m sinning by relapsing then I will compensate it by posting hadith every day
Day 1(Hadith no 1)
بسم الله
Mu’awiyah ibn Jaydah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Three eyes will never see the Hellfire, an eye standing guard in the way of Allah, an eye weeping from the fear of Allah, and an eye lowering its gaze from what Allah has forbidden.”

Source: al-Mu’jam al-Kabīr 1003

Grade: Sahih li ghayrihi (authentic due to external evidence) according to Al-Albani

9 Likes

Assalamu alaikum brother.

Jazakallahu khairan for this beautiful Hadeeth.

May Allah reward you and forgive your sins…
May Allah give victory to All of us over PMO.

This is a battle which will elevate our emaan if we conquer it.

6 Likes

Day 2 (Hadith no 2)
Ibn Abbas reported: Al-Fadl was riding with the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and a woman from Khash’am came. Al-Fadl began to stare at her and she stared at him. The Prophet made Al-Fadl turn his face in the other direction.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1442, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1334

6 Likes

Day 3 (hadith 3)

Buraydah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not follow one glance at a woman with another. Verily, you have the first one and not the second.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2777

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Albani

6 Likes

Ma sha allah bro, all these ahadeeth are based on lowering our gaze

5 Likes

Assalamu alaikum bro, how is your journey going, you stopped posting

3 Likes

I relapsed shortly but now I’m doing fine with ongoing streak of 18 days. I will not post the hadith every day because the days which are passing feels like month but once in a while I will post it
Bismillah
Day 18
Hadith 4
Abu Umamah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Assure six deeds for me and I will assure for you Paradise. When you speak, do not lie. When you promise, do not break it. When you are trusted, do not betray it. Lower your gaze, guard your chastity, and restrain your hands from harming others.

Source: al-Mu’jam al-Kabīr 8018

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

5 Likes

Wa alaikum assalam
I’m doing good
I’ll try to post once in every two week

4 Likes

Ma sha allah bro keep it up…

But i do suggest dont count the days but let the days count…
We as Muslims are on nofap our whole life…

One very important tip to rely on Is Every morning as soon as you wake up, do sincere dua to Allah to keep you in his protection and keep you sober for the day…

One day at a time… And remeber that this addiction becomes strong when you keep it to yourself…

Share your relapses and progress with fellow brothers who are on this journey… And always hold yourself accountable, never hide any relapses…, and immediately seek Allah’s help again…

Have the mentality of, I am hopeless over this addiction, and only Allah can save me from it, and O Allah hence i submit my will to you, so keep me sober for the day…

In this attitude you will truly seek Allah’s help and be happy at the same time, because you are alone anymore, because you are fully handing over the burden of being sober, to Allah(swt), and all you have to do, is the recovery work, which is avoiding triggers, and following the ahadeeth which you are posting,

And very importantly, go easy on yourself…
Surrender yourself completely to Allah.

We are recovered 90% when we are convicted on relying on Allah, the rest is to be aware of the surrounding…

May Allah make it easy for you. And keep you sober one day at a time…

And one last thing bro, before sleep raise you hands and always thank Allah before sleep for keeping you sober…

3 Likes

Ma sha Allah bro very good and beneficial advice
Thanks for it.

2 Likes

Day 35
Alhamdulillah, feeling good that I have crossed one month.
Bismillah
A famous quote from our pious predecessor
Abu Nu’aym reported: Sufyan al-Thawri, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “A woman will pass by a man and he cannot restrain himself from looking at her lustfully although there is no benefit in it. What could be weaker than this?”

Source: Ḥilyat al-Awliyā’ 7/68

1 Like

Relapsed after 38 days :sweat:
Make dua that I can come back stronger

1 Like

May Allah give us strength in our way bro. Please keep your postings of Ahadith and Akhbaar, its so refreshing! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Day 12 hadith 5
If you’re benefitting from these hadith remember me in your duas, much needed
Bismillah

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “O young men, if you are able to support a wife, get married. Verily, it lowers the gaze and guards chastity. Whoever is not able to do so, he must fast as it will restrain his passions.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1806, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1400

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Alhamdulillah
Day 67 and I think and I hope that now I am finally in track
May Allah help us all to get rid of this filthy addiction
Aameen