A random productive discussion about how to stay away from pmo

Someone:
How to abstain from ■■■■, previously I use to abstain without blockers but now I can’t stop thinking about it
Because more than 1.5days I can’t survive without it
I need some support
Engagement of my mind, I mean diversion of mind to other than this bad habit

Me:
Hmm that’s a question we are all trying to figure out here.
Let’s do some brainstorming.

He:
Just think and let me know as soon as possible

Me:
I have been somewhat successfull with this till now. I do fall back many times but I know what works for me to stay away from ■■■■
Ok so for past two three days I had been succumbing to urges
But yesterday I didn’t and now I am feeling I won’t for quite a few days
Reason behind this would be two factors.
One of the guys around here said that he read somewhere that not masturbating increases testosterone which helps in hair growth and reduces hairfall
And then we had good discussion on it regarding nightfalls and all.
I told him they are normal in long term

He:
Can you do me a favour

Me:
He had already decided to abstain from masturbation because of hairfall and hence I provided him tips from my past experience which in turn boosted my confidence
Then in another discussion my beard came up, it isn’t too good but it’s not bad whole earlier it used to be bad, People asked me the reason why it would have gotten better and answer was clear and it was that I had been doing good with no fap and working out.
That’s why better beard because of better testosterone.

He: (Continuing to ask for the favour)
Can you make a topic which have pros and cons of masturbation?
This helps not only me… More people on this platform aware about it
If you have time please just small favor

Me:
Bruh I am not that free :joy:
And my opinions keep changing from time to time.
I am just telling you what worked for me recently

He:
I know nobody is free
Don’t worry.

Me:
These two discussions related to benefits of not masturbating and working out properly helped.
And apart from this in the evening I got to know that some poeple are organising Bhajan Sandhyas in my home town which made me extremely happy, I saw the ad for it and a bhajan fron Krishna Das was playing in that ad, then I fell asleep listening to that bhajan.
Yeah do read what I wrote here tho, it might motivate you and maybe you’ll get your spark from it too.
Basically find some purpose, some personal goals, like getting better body, health, getting better spiritually, meantally etc. These are the things that motivate me to do well.
I can post this whole discussion in a thread if you want :joy:.

(The end. This thread is what happened afterwards :joy:)

3 Likes

If it’s funny brother then you are welcome :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have written goals on paper still I am unable to stop watching at stuff sometimes. My mind tells by watching stuffs I will feel motivated for goals³

Really spirituality works, but ■■■■ habit will bypass the spirituality in your brain¹ or may override spirituality in your brain. ²

1. I mean , for some persons can’t pray God after watching stuff because of guilty.

2. Means : for more spiritual persons like me, ■■■■ and masturbation has overridden spirituality. While watching stuff , my brain keeps saying me you are doing watching a spiritual stuff now. My brain has been foolish because of addiction. I even keep praying the name of lord while watching. I pray “Lord Rama, please save me from ■■■■”. Still I can’t quit that by praying. I even remind myself some mantras. But mind tells me it’s a sin to pray mantra while watching stuff.

3. I know it is rubbish to be dependent on ■■■■ for motivation :rofl:

Have anyone read the analogy between ■■■■ and Ointment in Easy Peasy Book ?

1 Like

I don’t think it was funny tho. The dude wanted me to write a post about pros and cons of pmo, I couldn’t write such a post separately so I posted the discussion itself.

Hmm I understand such things happen but I was talking in general in long term spirituality always has a role in swaying me away from such things.
Like replace the time you usually spend time watching ■■■■ with some meditative/bhajan session and you’d have created a new habit with same cues which used to trigger habit of pmo.

It’s an illusion. Being addicted is one thing and thing such things even with clear mind is another. But I also do normalise pmo sometimes like what does it matter, I am free whole day any way so why not go for it :joy:. Do you see the issue here? “I am free” ajee ghnta, there’s always something to work on it’s also an illusion that you are free and you can do anything you want.

Ofcourse.

3 Likes

Yes bro I am in illusion many times.

1 Like

Bro who tf flagged this post? Brother @debellator may you tell us who was that buffoon?

5 Likes

@Sholt_Tenkerrot

Arey Arey…
Why the post was flagged ? :sweat_smile:
Who did so ?
There was no such bad content in this post.

3 Likes

Yeah Actually the dude whom I mentioned as “someone” in the post thought that I violated his privacy by posting this private conversation here and so he probably flagged it.

No need to do that.

1 Like

I didn’t read that properly. I thought that it must be informative as @The_integrous_one has posted it.

1 Like

it was informative :sweat_smile: but it was an actual conversation.

1 Like

Yes bro, people are struggling here to achieve pmo free life and someone flagged the post for no purpose. Do unflag the post so I also can read it.

2 Likes

What about temporarily hidden ? Will it come back after some days ?

2 Likes

I do have to respect the privacy of those flagging posts. But since the flag was unnecessary I have put the post back up.

6 Likes

@Ash_Matt Thanks, now I can read it.

Guess guy was frustrated about something and flagged the post.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.