[29M] Forerunner's Diary - Ascension to Greatness šŸ™‡šŸ¾

Your vlogs are awesome. It is good to see how motivated are you on the 3th day. Your days are always productive. Itā€™s motivational.
Iā€™m currently on day 1 and I am lazy as hell.
Best wishes brotheršŸ™

3 Likes

Thank you bro.

In the past, I would do nothing productive until I had reached a certain number of days clean. I told myself that being clean was enough, and that I will start working hard when Iā€™ve regained my energy.

But then, I would always relapse and continue the cycle. I never got anything done because I was always postponing things until some future date. When Iā€™m 2 weeks clean, a month, after I complete my 90 day reboot.

But life wonā€™t wait for me to catch up. If I start work 3 months from now, then Iā€™m 3 months behind where I could have been. I have important work to do. My goals call out to me every morning, telling me not to sleep too long. If I donā€™t accomplish them, no one else will, and the world will be worse off.

5 Likes

Got to know about your relapse just now. I know u are a wise man. Just texting you to let u know we are with you. Though the degree of pain and uncertainity vary among us , I am also in a rough road like you. Nothing more to add. All the best !! This trash addiction is never worth it.

4 Likes

Thanks for your support man.

This rough road that weā€™re on is an opportunity for us to prove ourselves. We will show that nothing can break our determination :muscle: :sparkles:

The addiction is over, we will focus on building a better life :facepunch:

5 Likes

What a good way of thinking. I like it
We need changes immediately.
I try to change things but it is hard when you are addicted.

3 Likes

Which is why I believe that too much focus on the streak number can also be a distractor. It can lead us to be overconfident (oh well iā€™ve reached XX days, now I can peek and ā€˜testā€™ myself) and also plummet our confidence if we do relapse (Iā€™ve reached XX days yet I still failed, I can never succeed).

While I think the streak count is a helpful tool at encouraging oneself, too much focus on it and it becomes and imaginary ladder and almost like a self-imposed boundary. You start to think ā€œOh, I can only do something if I obtain XX daysā€, ā€œOh, I am useless until I reach XX daysā€. The truth is, we are absolutely able to quit at day 0 just as much as we are able to CHOOSE not to PMO at day 1000. Anyone at day 1000 had the same decision that they made at their day 0: that it would be their last day and they would NEVER PMO again. Itā€™s the same concept, all it takes is the choice.

Make it happen mate. You are never falling in that pit again.

4 Likes

Absolutely true bro. This is the true attitude. No need to think so much about streak, it just makes us fearful of relapse. We choose to be free and embrace life, and we are free now :relieved:

6 Likes

I am on day 11 now and my mindset about PMO didnā€™t changed one bit since day 0 and if it doesnā€™t changes in future, I might be on some day 300-400 with the same mindset.

Number of days is just a proof, nothing else.

I made a shit decision last month when I had a 130+ day streak and I felt more weaker at that time even tho the streak was big compared to now. What we do and our mindset matters, delaying things till we make a streak itself shows you still havenā€™t got the mindset required to get out of PMO.

4 Likes

Hello bro. How long will it take you to upload your video in YT ? Like your last video is 5 min long. So how much time it will take for you to practice , editing etc ?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been there bro. Start with what youā€™re capable of. Itā€™s like weightlifting. When you start, even the lowest weights may be challenging. But you increase slowly as you improve and youā€™ll discover you can become much stronger.

Set out your goals and make daily steps towards them. Make steps that are small enough that they arenā€™t too challenging for you when your mood is low and you donā€™t have much energy, but large enough that you are still making an impact on your life. Start from the beginning, day 1. It is a huge change in mindset. Youā€™re telling yourself that youā€™re no longer an addict - when I was an addict, I was lazy and unproductive, Iā€™m not an addict anymore, look at the results Iā€™m producing in my life.

Words of wisdom :raised_hands: :sparkles: :heart: I completely agree.

The whole process may take 90 minutes, from recording the video to uploading it on YouTube. But I can get some other things done during that time too, like reading while the video editing software is processing the video or watching something motivational while the video is uploaded to YouTube.

7 Likes

How are you coming along bro?

2 Likes

Iā€™m good brother, some urges but Iā€™m getting on fine. Thanks for checking in :handshake:

3 Likes

Day 4 - 10th April 2024

Everything youā€™ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.
George Adair

Daily Activities:

:white_check_mark: Prayers
:white_check_mark: Listened to Qurā€™an Recitation
:white_check_mark: Studying the Qurā€™an
:white_check_mark: Kept Eyes Pure
:white_check_mark: Listened to Motivational Content
:white_check_mark: Listened to NoPMO Motivational Content
:white_check_mark: Watched Educational Videos
:white_check_mark: Reading NoPMO Book ā€œThe Freedom Modelā€ and Taking Notes
:white_check_mark: Intermittent Fasting (20 hours)
:white_check_mark: Daily Walking (18.9 km)
:white_check_mark: Looking after My Health
:white_check_mark: Exercised at the Gym
:white_check_mark: Taking Vitamins and Supplements
:white_check_mark: Listened to Uplifting Music
:white_check_mark: Mindful Breathing
:white_check_mark: Relaxation
:white_check_mark: Conversations with Loved Ones
:white_check_mark: Household Errands
:white_check_mark: Looking after my Family
:white_check_mark: Spent Time with Family
:white_check_mark: Conversation with a NoPMO Brother
:white_check_mark: Phone Call with NoPMO Brothers
:white_check_mark: Supported a Friend
:white_check_mark: Shift at Work
:white_check_mark: Worked on Online Business
:white_check_mark: Journaling
:white_check_mark: Gratitude
:white_check_mark: Reflection
:white_check_mark: Worked on YouTube Channel
:white_check_mark: Recorded Video
:white_check_mark: Edited and Uploaded Video

:crossed_swords: Urges Defeated: 4

I was reading The Freedom Model today and gained some insight into what makes the journey of ā€œrecoveryā€ difficult.

Similar to the wisdom shared in the EasyPeasyMethod, we donā€™t start off with a sense of joy that weā€™re making the best possible decision and excitement at the life weā€™re building free of addiction. Rather, weā€™re afraid of triggers and of future relapses, and secretly still craving for PMO, yet worried about experiencing more negative consequences.

I want to do my best to leave the fear behind and approach the journey with love and happiness. I am at my best when Iā€™m free and clean of PMO. I am happier and far more fulfilled. I am not depriving myself of anything beneficial or genuinely pleasurable.

My form at the gym wasnā€™t the best today and I injured myself, it was quite painful. I want to be more attentive in the future to prevent further harm.

Alhamdulillah for everything.

7 Likes

Day 5 - 11th April 2024

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Daily Activities:

:white_check_mark: Intermittent Fasting (17 hours)
:white_check_mark: Dental Hygiene
:white_check_mark: Daily Walking (23.5 km)
:white_check_mark: Check-in with Accountability Partner
:white_check_mark: Phone Call with a NoPMO Brother
:white_check_mark: Worked on YouTube Channel

:crossed_swords: Urges Defeated: 6

It was a good day, moods were high. The energy from the last streak has not been completely lost, I have bounced back much faster. Iā€™m feeling like myself again.

The day would have been better if I accomplished something for my business. Money is dearly needed right now. I want to put more energy into earning an income outside of my job.

Without a clear schedule, there is too much room for procrastination. Thereā€™s a difference in productivity on the days when Iā€™ve made a plan of action.

I recorded a new video: Why Do We Binge and How Do We Break the Cycle?

6 Likes

Bro, why using so Harsh words man.

1 Like

There was a time that the day 1 badge in this app was Slave and day 2 was Servant. It was changed because people found it too harsh.

I think outcast is okay - itā€™s just a rank. I donā€™t feel like an outcast, I am an emperor already. I live like an emperor today so I will become one tomorrow.

5 Likes

Day 6 - 12th April 2024

Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.
Arnold Palmer

Daily Activities:

:white_check_mark: Early Riser - Up by 5 AM
:white_check_mark: Plan for the Day
:white_check_mark: Played Affirmations while Sleeping
:white_check_mark: Watched Educational Videos
:white_check_mark: Intermittent Fasting (25 hours)
:white_check_mark: Dental Hygiene
:white_check_mark: Daily Walking (20.3 km)
:white_check_mark: Exercised at the Gym
:white_check_mark: Listened to Uplifting Music
:white_check_mark: Mindful Breathing
:white_check_mark: Spent Time with Family
:white_check_mark: Phone Call with Accountability Partner
:white_check_mark: Worked on Online Business

:crossed_swords: Urges Defeated: 7

The urges were present today. The voice in my head was saying, Right now if I listen to the voice in my head, heā€™s saying, "Good, you have lost weight and done well in your diet. It is the weekend, you can relax and enjoy yourself. Go buy a pizza, have some ice cream, eat until you are satisfied.

Your streak is tiny, it is only a few days. You are expected to relapse a few times after falling from a high streak, thatā€™s only normal. You can binge on PMO this weekend and start again fresh on Monday."

That voice is a liar. Every time I have listened to it, it has promised me the world and left me in pain and misery. I refuse to listen to it anymore.

Despite a recent injury, I completed my workout at the gym. I could have easily used it as an excuse not to go, but I persevered and found a way to stay on task without causing myself any further harm.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s way better even if harsh. Maybe they can still put these ranks if your streak is for a few hours or something.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s no badges for hrs. So I doubt these ranks will be reintroduced.

But imo there should be some sort of relaxation day 3 onwards. Imagine being in a tough phase, making a 3 day streak just to see the app calling you servant.

3 Likes

I agree :100: The lowest badges should be unpleasant since no one is aiming to be there.

3 Likes