[ 20 M ] Risinglion123 in the pursuit for bright future

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bro , your mother is savage.
Well self help books are not totally waste of time.
Sometimes they help us get back on track or motivate us or give us an ideaā€¦

4 Likes

The thing is, most people donā€™t execute what they read in self help books. People donā€™t know just reading wonā€™t do anything for you, you have to actually apply those principles in real life otherwise yes itā€™s a waste of time.

4 Likes

Daily habits

:white_check_mark:Read 30 minutes
:x:Mindfulness practice 15 minutes
:x:Workout
:white_check_mark:Cold shower
:white_check_mark:Follow hair routine
:white_check_mark:No autosexual behaviour
:x:Practice classical music
:white_check_mark:Restricted junk food
:white_check_mark:Dont sleep during daytime
:white_check_mark:Daily affirmations
:white_check_mark:Wake up before 8 AM
:white_check_mark:Bed is only for sleeping
:white_check_mark:Seeing grey between black and white

To do list update

:x: Study lagging portions
:x:Study daily portions

To do list for today

1. Study lagging portions
  2. Study daily portions

Deadline

None

No fap update

MILESTONE : 8
Current streak : 15 days
Badge : Swordsman

Daily journal

Woke up at 6 am. Regarding my life , I have nothing special to say, Same stuff like rushing to catch the bus, reading inside bus, attending classes, chatting with my friends during break , working out, meditating and practicing classical music and studying the daily portions and sleep in the middle of the night while studying. Also watched a movie ( 12th Man , a Malyalam movie.
Superb movie though) while travelling. Thatā€™s it

But even though almost everyday goes the same way , there are some minor changes happening in my life that started to notice me. One of the things is that I am not sleepy after lunch. Earlier I used to feel groggy after having lunch. I see three fourth of the class is sleepy while attending the class after lunch, but I feel I energetic. The lecture is of course not interesting. Even one of the students asked me regarding this how I can be alert during classes. I have made no changes in my routine to be energetic. But still I can feel that increased energy. May be No fap plays the role here. These days to all the compliments I receive , I reply with , @The_integrous_one signature quote " Bhagwan ki kripa hi bas " and move on.

Another thing I noticed is that , I started to become an early riser from night owl. Earlier I used to sit till 3 AM but now I canā€™t even endure till 11 PM. For the past few weeks, Even though I wake up at 6 AM , I open my eyes at 5 AM. But I let myself sleep till 6 AM. This is because I only have a timetable fit for a night owl. So I should also have to make a time table if I am able to wake up early.

Fortunately except academics, everything is going well. I shouldnā€™t let success get into my head. Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday. The most dangerous days associated with no fap where I have highest rate for relapse. Also these are the days , I am generally lazy to study. But I believe I can do it.

Hope everything goes well

Always thank God for everything

4 Likes

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::smile:

2 Likes

Fuck , I relapsed. Ok so forgiving myself. I am thinking of giving myself a break maybe for a week. I may come here if I think my decision is wrong.

@Strong_one and @The_integrous_one , Please Consider that I am out of your challenges temporarily. I will let you brothers know if I come here.

4 Likes

Ok bro. Take your timeā€¦

2 Likes

Ok bro.
See you back soon with renewed vigour.

2 Likes

So I am back. It was early than expected. Now feels good. I will update from today onwards . Also happy to to come back on track early. Thanks to God.

@The_integrous_one and @Strong_one , Sorry for inconvenience, But I would like to continue your challenges, I will update eveything associated with past few days today itself.

4 Likes

Daily habits

None

To do list update

None

To do list for today

1. Study Signals and System daily portions
  2. Study Probability daily portions
  3. Study Analog Circuit daily portions
  4. Study Microcontroller and Microprocessor daily portions
  5. Complete Analog circuit record

Deadline

None

No fap update

MILESTONE : 1
Current streak : 1 days
Badge : Prisoner

Daily journal

About 3 days ago , I relapsed. The main reason was not because of the urges but out of boredom. So many restrictions in my life has made me bored which made me to search for some content.

So I downloaded a game so that I dont get bored but at the same time, kept all the restrictions intact.

Also I decided to keep myself clear regarding the daily tasks I have to do. I realized that itā€™s not laziness that make me unproductive. Itā€™s the lack of clarity of what I want to do. So keeping my tasks clear and specific.

Also I realized the importance of breaking a task into manageable chunks . I believe I can do all the tasks now.

Hope we will succeed this time.

2 Likes

Why do you restrict your life so much?
Its better to regulate itā€¦thereā€™s a difference between both the thingsā€¦

You are actually making great progress bro!
Just get some reward or appropriate rest for all the work you doā€¦
That way the boredom will be lessā€¦and life will be more excitingā€¦so no need for PMO!

3 Likes

Daily habits

:white_check_mark:Mindfulness practice 15 minutes
:white_check_mark:Workout
:white_check_mark:Practice classical music
:white_check_mark:Donā€™t bring laptop in bedroom
:white_check_mark:Donā€™t lock the door
:white_check_mark:Donā€™t look for triggering content

To do list update

:white_check_mark: Study Signals and System daily portions
:x:Study Probability daily portions
:x:Study Analog Circuit daily portions
:x:Study Microcontroller and Microprocessor daily portions
:white_check_mark:Complete Analog circuit record
:white_check_mark: Study Mathematics for Machine learning daily portions

To do list for today

1. Study Microcontroller and Microprocessor daily portions
  2. Study Probability daily portions
  3. Study Analog circuits daily portions
  4. Complete Signals and Systems assignment
  5. Complete Analog circuits record

Deadline

None

No fap update

MILESTONE : 2
Current streak : 2 days
Badge : Migrant

Daily journal

Woke up at 6 AM. Daily stuffs , but I am deciding one thing today. I am planning to workout in the morning instead of evening. Since I wake up at 6 AM. I donā€™t have the time to workout as the bus arrives near to 7 AM. So I think of waking up at 5 AM so that I can get the time to workout.

Why I am taking this decision is because after workout in the evening, I am really tired and just wanted to sleep. For the past few weeks on every working day , I sleep in the middle of my studies. Even though I relapsed , I still feel I am been slowly shifting from night owl to an early bird. I cant even tolerate till 11 PM. But there are times for a past few days, I wake up at 4 or near to five.

One of the main reasons why I am not able to complete my study tasks is because I slept yesterday while studying. So I am deciding to sleep at 11 PM even if I am not able to meet my study task today. But I will try my best to complete it.

But honestly I still feel the benefits associated with no fap even at my low streak. I honestly admit, I was depressed because of my previous relapse but now I am happy and contented with myself now. Or maybe this happiness is associated with the new decision I am taking these days.

I donā€™t know whether you will agree with me or not , but experiences I am getting makes me think that the success in no fap is not about the streak, its about the good decisions you take in your life to get into a good streak. I believe a disciplined guy with 1 day streak is better than undisciplined guy with 1000 day streak. When I look into my past in which I just joined this forum, I feel I improved now. I am mentally strong these days. Bhagwan ki kripa hi bas.

So these are all my thoughts associated with today.

4 Likes

What is the meaning of this?

2 Likes

Yes everytime you make a good positive decision you get a slight feeling of accomplishment, that feeling of accomplishment over powers any of the guilt left in your brain and that feeling also accumulates over time leading to a much more positive mindset and environment.

2 Likes

Daily habits

:white_check_mark:Mindfulness practice 15 minutes
:white_check_mark:Workout
:white_check_mark:Practice classical music
:white_check_mark:Donā€™t bring laptop in bedroom
:white_check_mark:Donā€™t lock the door
:white_check_mark:Donā€™t look for triggering content

To do list update

:x:. Study Microcontroller and Microprocessor daily portions
:x:Study Probability daily portions
:x: Study Analog circuits daily portions
:x:Complete Signals and Systems assignment
:white_check_mark: Complete Analog circuits record

To do list for today

1. Study Analog circuits daily portions
  2. Study Microcontroller and Microprocessor daily portions
  3. Study Mathematics for Machine learning daily portions
  4. Complete Analog circuits record

Deadline

None

No fap update

MILESTONE : 3
Current streak : 3 days
Badge : Settler

Daily journal

Daily stuff as always, but things changed a little bit after reaching home. I generally have a habit of eating snacks before working out , my dad used to bring some snacks while picking my mom from office to home. But yesterday he was late. He came at 7 PM. But he brought dinner from hotel.

I was bit confused, because I know I am not supposed to workout after dinner. But I was damn hungry. I want something to eat. So I ate dinner. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day for me in which I just walk for 30 minutes , 500 skips and 4 Suryanamaskar. I thought of doing it today and will do all the workout stuff tomorrow

After working out , I was constantly thinking of what should I eat when I come to the college. First of all, eating snacks is not healthy and at the same time, I have to depend on my dad to come home which delays my workout session, which further delays my studies. Generally I meditate after practicing classical music but yesterday I practised classical music after meditating because my mom was watching serial so thought of not disturbing her by singing.

Donā€™t consider this as bragging myself, but I was actually proud of decisions I took today. Why because I am not adaptable guy in general. I was a kind of person who always have a nothing to everything attitude.

@The_integrous_one , what I mean seeing grey between black and white is that I want to prevent a habit of nothing or everything attitude. This has helped me many times when things screw us up. Let me give you an example. Say you watched P , so technically itā€™s a relapse. So your mind would be like " Anyway I relapsed, why not watch more ". It would lead to MO. Then your mind be like " Anyway you MOed why not doing it as much as times possible before starting a new streak. So I believe itā€™s a destructive mindset. So by practicing this , if I see P I forgive myself so that further destruction wont take place. In my past relapse, I Moed only 1 time. I didnā€™t start a fap marathon before I start a new streak. Hope you got it.

While praying to God at 9 PM , my mind has lead to see an almond packet inside the fridge. Then I realized, I have an almonds packet inside my home. So I decided to start a new habit of eating 10 almonds a day which I believe to be healthy snack after coming home. By taking this decision, I also need not depend on my dad to come back home so that I can workout early if I am not able to workout in the morning.

This reminds me of Abdul Kalam quote " Prayer is a stimulus for creative ideas " in his book " Wings of fire " and I believe its so true.

But yesterday as mentioned, I will sleep at 11 PM , even if I am not able to meet my study tasks. After working out, praying and practicing classical music it was almost 10 PM. I studied for 30 minutes and slept at 11 PM with the hope that I will wake up at 5 AM.

Hope everything goes well

1 Like

So I am back after a relapse from 22 days. The main reason is that I learnt how to surpass the block of Digital detox app without paying money. So looking for other options.

But I realized its not the PMO that screws me up , its the thoughts and emotions that screw me up. These days I donā€™t know how work your ass off when you donā€™t feel like doing it.

Donā€™t know how I can react to emotions like anger, hatred etc. I would be happy if I can get some advice

3 Likes

This time I am not thinking of flooding myself with a lot of habits. Just concentrating on a few and making sure I am consistent with it

3 Likes

Damn you too bro :crying_cat_face:.
Donā€™t worry bro. You can message me here anytime, you are doing good already, keep giving your best and donā€™t get worried for or by results.

Tell me how you did that I am like 99% sure Imma have a solution for that :joy:, I had done this a couple of times bur now my detox is literally inescapable.

Just take deep breaths, even 1-2 deep breaths allow you to think clearly.

Same here, even a few solid habits if done perfectly give very good results.

2 Likes

Thank you bro for the encouragement. Sometimes I need validation from some people that what I am doing is right. I know its not a good habit but sometimes some experiences makes me ask for some validation

Thereā€™s a topper in my class who watches P , consumes beer and still ace in studies. And there me who is focusing on abstaining PMO , focusing on good habits and still struggling with academics. So this makes me doubt my actions.

I am really sorry bro :joy::joy:. I donā€™t want you to know. I wish I didnā€™t learn how to overcome it. I donā€™t want you to relapse because of this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:100:

2 Likes

Bruh I donā€™t put my phone on detox to stay away from ā– ā– ā– ā– , I just put my phone on detox when I have to focus. Whole night my phone is open itself, we have to change our mindset towards pmo, if we are dependent on some blocker to stay away from it, then we are doing something wrong for sure.

Bruh you are underestimating how much I know about this app, if you donā€™t want a solution for it then itā€™s your choice :joy:, but I know Iā€™m gonna have a solution for your problem. It might also depend on the company of mobile you have but if itā€™s Xiaomi you can tell me anything because I tried and fixed literally a lot of loopholes.

2 Likes

In this world everyone has some unfair advantage donā€™t worry you also have it just might takes some exposure

2 Likes