[20 M] Mech Engineer's Diary

Hello community,

This is Peter1505, a mechanical engineer (undergraduate). I got addicted to PMO in 2019(Aug-Sep) and still trapped. So, I thought that writting a diary journal will be a great idea. So, from today I will write my entire day in this diary in a concise way. Hoping for the best​:grin::+1:

Hare Krishna!

13 Likes

Hare Krishna Buddy !! We will frequently visit your diary

5 Likes

Yeah, thank you so much, brother. Anyone who has any tips, ideas, or points is wholeheartedly welcomed to share his/her opinion or ideas. Anything which you all find helpful for me and the other companions, kindly share it.

Hare Krishna!!

1 Like

Bhai diary kab se likhna chalu karoge?
Mein daily padhunga…
Apna saara acha Bura experience likhna jisse success ke baad padhne mein mazaa aayega aur log bhi motivate honge…

3 Likes

I am really sorry guys as I was not regular to the journal. I have missed two days(3 Oct and 4 Oct). From today, I will start this habit and will try my best to be regular to it. I will update the diary daily from 2-3 pm after having my lunch and meditation session.

Summary of those 2 days, 3 Oct was fine as I was busy solving my assignments and project. So, didn’t get any urges and was feeling satisfied due to the accomplishment of my goals. But on 4 Oct(yesterday), when I got up after a nap of 15 min I was feeling urges, as I was lying in my bed and started checking my phone so the urges got intensify which resulted in a relapse.

Trigger: Not doing anything and just lying on the bed and scrolling phone even at the time of urges.

Today also, On 5 Oct, I did the same thing relapsed again due to scrolling my mobile phone without any purpose and relapsed(basically, chaser effect).
So, basically, the points which I come across as the reasons for my relapse are:

1. Being ideal and not having any task
    Solution: Will make a to-do list daily before going to bed for the next day.
  2. Not being regular to this app. In the initial days, I used this app on a daily basis but had stopped for a long time.
    Solution: As I said, I will use this app daily between 2-3 pm to write the dairy.
  3. Also not doing meditation. Meditation helped me a lot while I was new to the Nofap.
    Solution: Will Meditate daily between 2-3 pm for 10 min.
  4. Not doing anything for self-growth.
    Solution: Will read or watch any useful and quality content(video or book)daily, as the best way to demolish any bad habit is by replacing it with a good habit.

Anyone, out there, start your journey without any hesitation. It is never too late to start. Wishing you all the best in your journey. Stay strong, stay united, and help each other.

Hare Krishna!! :pray:

6 Likes

Its good that you could identify the causes of your triggers. You even came up with the solution!
Stick to it, no matter what.

Best of Luck, we all are in this together in this journey. Hare Krishna :pray:

1 Like

Are ek daam bhai!!
Yeah, this is the positive attitude that I was expecting from you all. We need to support each other as a community.
I will start the dairy tomorrow.
I will perform the following activity daily and will update in the dairy:

1. Wake up at 6.20 am
  2. Self-Study (4 H)
  3. Meditation(10 M)
  4. Go for a walk in the evening
  5. Read Bhagvad Geeta(at least 1 sloka) or watch any goal-oriented video
  6. Go to sleep at 11.15 pm

Two things that are required for the Nofap journey is- 1) Being busy in self-growth and self-development and 2) Being spiritual
Hoping for the best.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, thank you to everyone. These kind words are very helpful for me. :pray:

2 Likes

DATE: 5th Oct 2021
Day 0:
:white_check_mark: Wake up at 6.20 am
:x: Self-Study (2H 40M)
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: Go for a walk in the evening(1 H)
:x: Read Bhagavad Geeta(at least 1 sloka) or watch any goal-oriented video
:white_check_mark: Go to sleep at 11.15 pm

But as I told you all already I relapsed on 5 Oct around 3-4 pm. By the way, I was much productive as compared to the older days.:smiley: Wishing you all the best. May God give us strength. Hare Krishna!!

2 Likes

DATE: 6th Oct 2021
Day 1:
:white_check_mark: Wake up at 6.20 am
:x: Self-Study (2H 35M)
:white_check_mark: Watched a goal-oriented video

2 Likes

DATE: 7th Oct 2021
Day 0:
:x: Wake up at 6.20 am
:x: Self-Study (2H 15M)
:x: Meditation
:x: Read Bhagavad Geeta or watch any goal-oriented video

Yesterday(7th Oct), I relapsed 2 times. It all happened because I was sitting idle and not doing any work. I installed an app; that app was the trigger for me. I had already relapsed due to that app. These all happened because I had no target for the day. Also, neither read Bhagavad Geeta nor did meditation. Mistakes:- Not having a plan for the day, Escaped Meditation, Not read Bhagavad Geeta. Working on it and rectifying it. Pardon me, guys. I will not disappoint you all now. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

DATE: 8th Oct 2021
Day 1:
:x: Wake up at 6.20 am
:x: Self-Study (3H 35M)
:x: Go for a walk in the evening(1 H)
:white_check_mark: Read Bhagavad Geeta
:x: Go to sleep before 11.15 pm

2 Likes

Hey community,
I am trapped in the vicious cycle of relapses. I am unable to break this loop. I am relapsing continuosly from past few days. I want to know that how do you all control your urges, how do you all fight with it, how do you escape it? Please tell me if you have any hacks or tips which you have found helpful. I literally need them.:pray: Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Keep doing it :innocent:

One day , you will hit 1 day .

Just keep doing it :relaxed:

2 Likes

You read Bhagvad Gita, right?
If that’s the case, read 2.62-63, 3.37, 16.21.
Get to know what your problem is before searching for solutions.
I hope this helps you!

1 Like

Thank you so much @the_resilient_one @Leverage :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Hello everyone :grin: how are you all? Hope everyone will be fine and doing great.

Day before yesterday (22nd Oct, 2021) I relapsed. But the good thing was that I relapsed after a streak of 7 days, which I completed after 5-6 weeks or even more.

The mistake which I did, was that one night I was feeling very tired so instead of working, I decided to watch a movie. As I watched movie last night, I again binge watched movies the next mroning too. As I was not working, I was missing the satisfaction of accomplishment of task and to feel satisfied my brain started suggesting me to watch P***. I controlled my self upto large extent but as I was not distracting myself from the urges, I relapsed. And due to chaser effect, relapsed again yesterday. But, today I am good.

Yesterday I read a small booklet you can say which was “101 things you can do instead of watching P”. It is amazing. I was surprised that there are so many thi g’s we can do instead of watching P*** and relapsing. Those task are basically meant to distract us from the urges and focus on something better or I should say far better. I am sharing the link to the pdf.

3 Likes

Today at the present moment I was feeling urges. But now with the help of self-talk, I have controlled my self amd the urges. I remembered all those pains, sleepless nights which I have spent due to this addiction. God knows how much of energy, time I have wasted on this nonsense thing. Everyday I was feeling worthless, helpless and sad. After a way long time I have achieved a streak of 20 days almost. Otherwise, I was not able to pass a 7 day of streak, this addiction was getting deeper and deeper into me. And now when I have moved so far this evil is trying to make me fool once again by telling that a single relpase will not cause any harm!! This moron and the morons’ industry doesn’t know how much we all have faced due to this worthless stuff. I see these days, people take prn and m**bation as a funny thing and some even make jokes on it. Basically, they don’t know how much dark that thing is. They should come to us and ask how much disturbing it is for us and how much harm it has caused to us. Only we can feel that pain and can’t forget the losses it has caused. We can never ever forgive this moron and welcome back it in our life. So, basically just get loss you idiot. It is over and now there is no place for you in my life. Hare Krishna :pray:

1 Like

I shared exactly same feelings yesterday.

1 Like

Congo brother!! :star_struck::star_struck: It means we are on the same path, a path towards real happiness.

1 Like