18+ ads on the app

Adult ads on the app to quit P, Ironic!
Now it doesn’t show up all times.
Please do something about this. I’m okay with ads but not this.

I have Mosaic-ed the 18+ part.
@_inactive @Taher

2 Likes

Its still there. Man please do something.

1 Like

I think these ads are based on you search history. Clear the cookies and browsing history, hopefully that will work. I was searching for jackets online and now I see those ads.

5 Likes

Nope. I’m pretty sure these ads are not.

All the ads shown on the app are totally unrelated to me.

And I kind of do get what you are saying. That’s the case especially with google ads. They show ads based on your Google history. (Personalized ads).
But the ads shown on the app is totally not based on my history because

1. I don’t search for inappropriate stuff without incognito mode or duck duck go. O_o
  2. These are not google ads.

The ads shown are totally irrelevant. Like I now have an ad for some medical stuff.

The ads are by Adclick.g.doubleclick.net .

Adclick.g.doubleclick.net is a form of adware for it helps its servers to generate revenue by promoting dubious ads and generating web traffic for specific websites and products. …we are redirected to unreliable sites after clicking any of its pop-up ads.

Tracking method used in apps is device ID unlike cookies in websites.

If this app has been useful to you, you can help support the developer with a donation. Gets rid of the ads👌

5 Likes

Thats i have done
:grin::grin::grin::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: wtf i also got these ads while i was reading your post and yeah it can’t be based on search because i haven’t searched this stuff for 60+ days

4 Likes

Sorry @lullaby4an_insomaniac don’t know why you are getting it them. Mine is luckily still PG13!

1 Like

I’m sorry if I came off as an entitled bish. I was frustrated because I relapsed not too long ago. And the trigger was that ad. I had 15+ days on my streak, best I had in years. I know I am not strong. EVERY TIME I GET URGES I USE THIS APP. I find solace here. It has worked great for me so far. The people on the forums are very kind and motivating.

About my situation ; You should try to see it my shoes. I had blue balls yet resisted the urges so far. All I had to do was to hold for one more night. I’m pretty sure that I would have had a nocturnal emission that night and my blue balls would have healed.

But the cursed ad just had to show up on my most vulnerable moment of my life!

I have not been using the app for more than 1 month, this is the only thing that helped me in controlling my PMO addiction.
And I am indebted to the devoloper in a sense. I’m only a student so I had decided to donate money maybe after a few more days ( On my 30th day on counter).

But the 18+ ad made me relapse. And I do acknowledge that I’m weak. But that doesn’t change the fact that the ad on the app to quit PMO was the trigger.
The very thing that I had my hopes on led me to my downfall. I felt betrayed.

Every app have had and will have bugs. I never complained when this app crashed or when the forums stopped working or when my streak was reset for no particular reason etc. This is freeware. The devoloper had made the app free for us and I do feel grateful for that.

I do hope that devoloper fixes this issue.

4 Likes

Good for you. Mine still shows 18+ ads. Now its in some other language that I can’t understand.

1 Like

Sorry man, that sucks. Hope your new streak is going well.

3 Likes

Thanks for caring man. (◍•ᴗ•◍):heart:
I’m thinking of quiting this app for a few days as I still have that inappropriate ad ( even while typing this ) . Its frigging frustrating. (┛❍ᴥ❍)┛彡┻━┻

1 Like

You are welcome man, do what you have to do :slight_smile:

By the screenshots it seems like all the ads are from the same company “mauj”, I’ve blocked it. Let me know if you continue to see these kind of ads.

6 Likes

Thanks for everything you do. May you achieve your goals and stay blessed forever.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes