We are the DEVIL

Yes, you the one who is reading this.
And the one who made this topic.

You are the Devil

Don’t look at me with shocked reaction. Every time you busted, it was an act done by none other than you.

Every time you tried to find solace in PMO it was you who consciously chose that path only to realise the misery it brought with it in the long run.

So next time instead of blaming it on an external entity, make the conscious decision to see within and hold yourself accountable.

Once you truly take the responsibility no matter how bitter it was to swallow the pill of truth, you have taken the biggest step towards freedom.

Once you are self aware of what really matters, I think it doesn’t matter on what streak you are. With self awareness and being present in the moment, you can battle anything.

So who’s the DEVIL ?

9 Likes

I read somewhere angel and devil terms have been fomulated just to represent the Good and bad that exist within us.

5 Likes

Yes I was and I m devil … every time I relapse I blame on other apps. But not apps it’s me … :disappointed: … I m accountable of every action I will do and I ve done… Enough is enough … I m not a devil anymore…

4 Likes

So we are the angel and devil as well?

1 Like

We are humans, we have both angelic and devilish natures inside us, it’s upon us which to nurture.

3 Likes

Like the good wolf vs bad wolf that are constantly fighting within us.

3 Likes

Yeah we can call it anything, scientifically it’s the conflict that goes on between two parts of our brain, one the limbic system (Also called animal brain or lizard brain) which is responsible for urges and all and 2nd prefrontal cortex (logical/rational brain) responsible fot logical/rational thinking and decision making. Animal brain has the potential to hack the logical brain in times of urges but it can be controlled with time and practice.

4 Likes

On your left? :skull_and_crossbones:

Damn I remember posting similar pic when this same good, bad wolf topic was being discussed in some other topic.

You were explaining the good, bad wolf thingy.

2 Likes
1 Like

We all have to accept that we are capable of evil as much as we are capable of greatness.

We are capable of doing damage to our physical, emotional and spiritual lives as much as we are able to heal it. We are responsible for our own choices. Let’s choose well and decide finally to take our lives into our own hands.

5 Likes

Nicely put, I needed to read this. In the end the choice is ours to make no matter how numerous or influential triggers can be. I always seem to blame my mental health for fapping or even my bed lol but in all honesty none of these can force me to. It’s just me.

4 Likes

What a great topic. @prince_king @The_integrous_one @yadadada made some excellent points, true wisdom on this addiction.

I like to make the distinction that the devil is within us.

As mentioned, these desires are from the limbic brain - the animal or beast brain. Our connection to this body is through the neocortex, the intelligent, rational part of the brain that supports human consciousness. The animal brain sees PMO as necessary for our survival, and uses every excuse and trick in the book to convince us to return to addiction. It can borrow our thinking voice and speak as if it is us, it shows images and flashbacks to bring urges, and changes our emotional state in order to justify doing PMO.

We can choose whether or not we side with that devil inside of us. Only we can give it life, it doesn’t even have the power to move our fingers. We are fully responsible for tapping or clicking on the search bar and going to content we swore we wouldn’t watch anymore.

The bitter irony of addiction is that no one is keeping us here but ourselves. The devil can only make suggestions. It is us who give into that desire for pleasure and escapism. The flipside of thst is once we have decided that we’ve had enough, that we will remain abstinent no matter what, the journey is easy. The devil is so easy to see, we have lived with it for so many years. Any voice inside our heads telling us to relapse is our deadly enemy, and we’re completely at fault if we decidr to go along with our enemy’s suggestions. Of course an enemy wants to ruin our lives.

Take complete responsibility and make zero excuses. The devil is in you, but so is an angel waiting to come out. Feed the good wolf everyday and work towards your dreams. Everyday without PMO, you get stronger while the devil is tortured in hell.

6 Likes

Totally agree.

I would like to add a point that there is a third brain other than logical brain and animal brain - the emotional brain. I often see it as the inner child. Actually many relapse and addictions are related to emotional issues, so we should not neglect its effect. Feed the good wolf and also make our inner child happy, then there is no way the bad wolf could tempt us.

6 Likes

Reading a book named “start with why” by simon sinek and they explained it in 4th chapter.

5 Likes

this is also mentioned in your brain on ■■■■

5 Likes