Yoga and Vedanta to the rescue

Just relax and see the reality of it all. You are the Divine. You are consciousness. You are not the body and the mind. There are various methods to realize this ultimate truth. Studying of vedanta( swami sarvapriyananda videos on YouTube are great) is one. Yoga is one…if by following any one method(even starting is great), u attain a certain Bliss and peace…just hold on to it…this will stop you from doing any kind of nonsense. When u see that ur really beyond this limiting body and mind, all compulsions will seem so small…so meaningless…u will laugh at it and also at yourself for how childish you have been all this while.

5 Likes

Do you have any great book you recommend about practicing it?

1 Like

There are extremely good books. But in my opinion and experience, starting with books (especially in vedanta) can be a bit dry and off-putting.

So for vedanta, I would suggest videos of Swami Sarvapriyananda ( a highly educated and popular sanyasi from the Ramakrishna order on YouTube… There are a great number of wonderful videos)

But for yoga, I would recommend an extremely useful and enlightening book called ‘Inner Engineering’ by Sadhguru. I must say, It changed my life and I started practicing Hatha yoga and meditation after reading it and it’s helped me tremendously.

All the very best.

3 Likes

@Shreyu thank you for your recommendation bro

1 Like

@Shreyu i don’t know wheather you read or not but is book called “the power of now” eckhart thole. I recommend you to read it if you are interested in such topics

1 Like

Thanks bro…I will read it

1 Like

2 Likes

Its good to see that you also listen to swamiji. Lately i have bee wanting to learn his teaching about vedanta and conciousness but i cant focus. Pls revert back if u can help in same.

2 Likes

Sense objects are not the source of happiness. It is a mistake to think that they are. Were an object intrinsically a source of joy to a person, he ought not to ever find it to be a pain. However, it is well known that objects are sometimes liked and sometimes disliked.

For instance, to a person who develops severe nausea during a meal, the very dishes he found delectable appear to be unappealing and a burden to consume. How can an object intrinsically be a source of happiness when, though remaining just the same, it is at times a bane to the same person? - Jagadguru Shankaracharya

1 Like

Beautiful isn’t it? :smile:

As desire increases, so increases the power of pleasure, so the power of pain- Swami Vivekananda

1 Like