What is your idea of success? What do you want to achieve?

Wishing for a well established and stable life is something very good to aspire for. These days people are not even normal due to this “woke” culture. We will need more people like you actually.

1 Like

Be glad you have a dream that scares you. Most people out there dunno what they want.

Whenever I feel like “I cant do it” (I have stopped feeling this anyway), I close my eyes and just say “You can do this” (its a strong technique)

I call it fooling yourself. Whenever fear hits me, i remind myself the goal is worth the fear

2 Likes

This is what I want

I want to be unbreakable

1 Like

My suggestion to you is seperate your personal goals from professional goals. Till you achieve them I mean

For example, Getting a good gf shouldn’t be your priority. If you work hard and are financially independent, you will automatically fulfill the former. Its what I call a chain effect.

You can’t be happy if you have a loving family and a lousy job that you don’t love and doesn’t pay you well

So seperate your prof and personal goals

My professional goal is

• Get a good job that pays me well and where I get ton of respect

My personal goal

• Be with a woman who loves me
  • Own a RE Himalayan and Ride to places on bucketlist
  • Fulfill my parents’ dream of foreign trips

Etc

1 Like

No one can be unbreakable. Were humans afterall.

1 Like

Like I said, I’m not comfortable disclosing that
Getting a gf is maybe the least of my worries
If I’m the superior version of myself, it won’t really be much difficult to achieve that. At least that’s how I see it

1 Like

Im not asking you to disclose bud. Im just giving you advice which might benefit. Your goal is yours and yours alone to work on

1 Like

In future even that will be a priority. A well balanced life is one which you should go after.

Do what makes you happy
Be with who make you happy

1 Like

I have a feeling that love and family is simply not meant for someone like me. But I’ll let future decide that. For now only my professional goal matters I guess.

1 Like

It will matter someday. Im not wise enough to guide you or anyone. But money cant buy happiness. Its not just a sentence, but its a fact

But Do whatever it takes it to fulfil your goal. But give a thought to what you want for your personal life too. Guys above who wrote a good wife and family know what im talking about

Don’t take me wrong. It might give you more purpose

1 Like

I’m not after that mate. I assure you. Will definitely need some money ofcourse, to be able to live my life in this modern world and to achieve my goals too. Money is a means to an end, but not the end itself. I have to create a difference. And I did say that future/time will decide what happens. I’m not abandoning the idea

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: all the best

2 Likes

It is my request to everyone whoever has seen this topic to please post your respective idea of success. Something that drives you.
Goodnight folks

1 Like

The Nobel prize

4 Likes

It sounds like you should really read the following books. They are amazing.

• Atomic habits by, i think, james clear. It’s about how to achieve one’s goals by forming strong positive habits and remove bad habits (it’s about how to form habits)
  • psycho cybernetics by maxwell malts. It’s about how you can use your self-image to achieve your goals
  • deep work by cal newport. About how to deeply focus on your work to get more done in a higher quality in less time

All three are great and absolutely needed if you want to achieve extra ordinary or tough things

I read them for my PhD and they help me a lot

1 Like

Interesting
I hope you are working towards that goal with extreme enthusiasm

2 Likes

Thank you
Will check them out

1 Like

I am quite happy with my current life, the life my parents have provided me, for me success would just be to live at the same level I am living now.
I would consider myself successful when

1. I’ll be able to afford everything my parents are providing me and more if possible, so a well paying and secure job.
  2. I have a ripped body
  3. Family by my side, parents, a good wife and children.
  4. I have two more aspirations and those are to make a basketball court right outside my house and install a snooker table in my house.

These may sound childish but these are the few things that keep me motivated and driven, for working (studying), for exercising and of course for no fap.

2 Likes

Congratulations
You’re one of the few who are satisfied with what they have. Not everyone is like that

1 Like

Haha thanks bro :joy:.
But I believe we should always be grateful for whatever we have and make full of it.
I already had such good beliefs and no fap has strengthened them to a great extent.
No fap has made me genuinely happy.
No fap is love :heart:
Grateful that I am living a normal life now :smile:

1 Like