What is the secret of strongest mind, willpower and infallible long streaks?

I saw that there are many people with long streaks, i.e. many more than a year or so…

Can you please share some of your genuine experience and reply my queries-

How you dealt with interruptions in it?
How did you strengthened your mind?
How can one achive such long streaks easily?
Is there any hack you use to bend your mind?
Do we need to be too harsh to ourself to achieve it?
Can we achieve this feat with modern social life?

Please enlighten me with your life experiences…

Thanks

2 Likes

[quote=“BreatheAndLiveLife, post:1, topic:65202”]
[/quote] Well for me it was the boredom afterwards and figured why not do something hard for once at 1000 days in one shot.

Boundaries and enforce them for you and others. The question was “can” you?

They only bother you if you allow it. Set you eyes on they goal not the distractions.

I love you brother but I can’t learn it for you

3 Likes

Hey bro…so I don’t have this long streak…I am close to 200 days or so…
Still, I would like to share some insights coz you asked some great questions!

How you dealt with interruptions in it?

If by interruptions, you mean urges…then -
Never try to stop the urges…its not in your hands.
Just don’t let it bother you…it means don’t dwell on that urges…just interrupt the urges by doing other tasks.
Interrupt the Interruptions!

Practice…its always practice.
Practice one skill to strengthen the mind…don’t go for multiple things…it will just confuse you…better is stick to 1 or 2 practices as a beginner and master it.

I use a technique personally which helped me to get this far…will explain it in next section.

How can one achive such long streaks easily?

Its not easy in the beginning. You have to stay away from the addictive thing…not only physically but mentally as well.
It means abstaining from PMO…triggering - contents from social media…articles, novels…
This covers the physical aspect.
For mental abstinence, never allow any sexual thought to stay in mind.
Sexual thoughts will come…but never let it stay as soon as you realize it.
I visualize a Katana and I efficiently & calmly slash it multiple times…until that image of sexual thought is slashed to pieces…and some other normal thought takes over…

Is there any hack you use to bend your mind?

For me personally, I am trying to cleanse my mind by Mantra Meditation, by reading Scriptures, and also articles related to NoFap…so that I have a vast knowledge on the thing I am doing…by that you have the strength of knowledge with you and with knowledge comes convinction!

With knowing things inside and out…and with enough conviction practicing that thing becomes easy!

Do we need to be too harsh to ourself to achieve it?

No…self compassion is needed…It took few years for me to finally accept myself and then started changing myself.
First comes acceptance, then comes adaptation and change.
It doesn’t mean you have to let yourself loose…treat yourself as you treat a friend.

A thing I follow is…I separate myself and my urges…its not me who get the urges…its my mind who’s getting it.
So I don’t beat myself for it…

Yess…we can…
Don’t run behind trend…tread your own path with knowledge and follow it…its possible!

This is what I have learned and experienced so far in this journey.
Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Thanks @Lefty101 brother. Very helpful.

1 Like

So brilliant insights!
Thank you so much brother @the_resilient_one

1 Like

Keep going ahead bro!
I see that you have just joined here…so welcome to this community. You are in the right direction of change…now just start moving forward! :fire:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.