๐Ÿ“• ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ง๐—ข๐— ๐—œ๐—– ๐—›๐—”๐—•๐—œ๐—ง๐—ฆ ๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ก๐—š๐—˜ [challenge ended]

โ€œSuccess is the product of daily habitsโ€”not once-in-a-lifetime transformationsโ€
โ€” James Clear

Welcome habit constructors!

Prepare to embark on a transformative journey rooted in the principles of the book Atomic Habits by James Clear. This book uncovers the immense power of building positive habits and effecting lasting behavior change. Whether you desire to overcome challenges in establishing and maintaining habits or break free from detrimental ones, this challenge is tailored to empower you in your quest for personal growth and positive transformation.

:closed_book: Fondamentales:

In this challenge, we focus not only on maintaining a habit streak but also on regular check-ins. Your daily habit posts will revolve around the following fundamentales:

Mandatory:

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ง๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด: List all your habits and mark them with a resolute tick :white_check_mark: when completed, or a determined cross :x: when not.

๐—˜๐˜…๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ:

• โ€œExerciseโ€ :white_check_mark:
  • โ€œReadingโ€ :white_check_mark:
  • โ€œNo junk foodโ€ :x:

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—˜๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—น๐˜‚๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป: Assign a percentage value to each habit based on its impact. One good habit is equal to 1%, one bad habit equals -1%, and not doing a good habit equals -1%. Calculate your percentages each day and record them at the end of your post.

Additional Enhancements:

Note: It is not required to track these additional enhancements in your daily habit post, but they can enhance your habit-building process.

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฆ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ-๐—ง๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ: Specify the time and location for each tracked good habit.

• โ€œExerciseโ€ at 6 AM in the park
  • โ€œReadingโ€ at 8 PM in the cozy corner of my room

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด: Arrange your habits in a harmonious chronological order to create a seamless flow and facilitate execution.

• Meditate
  • Exercise
  • Shower
  • Breakfast

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฅ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น: Engage in an activity you enjoy immediately before performing a challenging habit.

• Watch a motivational video before exercising

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ: Identify intrinsic and extrinsic rewards that motivate you and help solidify your habits.

• Listening to music while exercising
  • Treating myself to a piece of cake after eating healthy food

๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป: Dedicate regular intervals (weekly, monthly, or yearly) for introspection and self-assessment. Reflect on what went wrong or right, whether you achieved your goals or not, and find solutions to the obstacles you encountered.

:open_book: Principles:

James Clearโ€™s book highlights various creative and effective ways to maintain good habits and break bad ones. While the fundamentales mentioned above cover some of these principles, the complete set can be summarized in the following two tables:

HOW TO CREATE A GOOD HABIT

The 1st Law Make It Obvious
1.1 Fill out the Habits Scorecard. Write down your current habits to become aware of them.
1.2 Use implementation intentions: โ€œI will [BEHAVIOR] at [TIME] in [LOCATION].โ€
1.3 Use habit stacking: โ€œAfter [CURRENT HABIT], I will [NEW HABIT].โ€
1.4 Design your environment. Make the cues of good habits obvious and visible.
The 2nd Law Make It Attractive
2.1 Use temptation bundling. Pair an action you want to do with an action you need to do.
2.2 Join a culture where your desired behavior is the normal behavior.
2.3 Create a motivational ritual. Do something you enjoy immediately before a difficult habit.
The 3rd Law Make It Easy
3.1 Reduce friction. Decrease the number of steps between you and your good habits.
3.2 Prime the environment. Prepare your environment to make future actions easier.
3.3 Master the decisive moment. Optimize the small choices that deliver outsized impact.
3.4 Use the Two-Minute Rule. Downscale your habits until they can be done in two minutes or less.
3.5 Automate your habits. Invest in technology and one time purchases that lok in future behavior.
The 4th law Make It Satisfying
4.1 Use reinforcement. Give yourself an immediate reward when you complete your habit.
4.2 Make โ€œdoing nothingโ€ enjoyable when avoiding a bad habit. Design a way to see the benefits.
4.3 Use a habit tracker. Keep track of your habits streak and donโ€™t break the chain.
4.4 Never miss twice. When you forget to do a habit, make sure to get back on track immediately.

HOW TO BREAK A BAD HABIT

Inversion Of The 1st Law Make It Invisible
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 1.5 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Reduce exposer. Remove the cues of your bad habits from your environment.
Inversion Of The 2nd Law Make It Unattractive
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 2.4 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Reframe your mindset. Highlight the benefits of avoiding your bad habits.
Inversion Of The 3rd Law Make It Difficult
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 3.6 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Increase friction. Increase the number of steps between you and your bad habits.
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 3.7 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Use a commitment device. Restrict your future choices to the ones that benefit you.
Inversion Of The 4th Law Make It Unsatisfying
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 4.5 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Get an accountability partner. Ask someone to watch your behavior.
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 4.6 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Create a habit contract. Make the costs of your bad habits public and painful.

Each law and its various ways will be discussed during the challenge to gain more knowledge about how effective they can be.

:atom_symbol: The true value of small changes:

Small changes often go unnoticed or seem insignificant in the moment, but their impact over time is astounding. If you can get 1% better each day for one year, youโ€™ll end up 37 times better by the end. Conversely, if you get 1% worse each day for one year, youโ€™ll decline nearly down to zero. This equation demonstrates the power of time:

Small Changes^Time = Huge Results
1.01ยณโถโต = 37.78
0.99ยณโถโต = 00.03

Good habits make time your ally, while bad habits make time your enemy. Remember, time magnifies the margin between success and failure, multiplying whatever you feed it.

If you want a summary of the book in 20 minutes, you can watch this video
If you prefer to download the book, click here

Remember, each action you take is a powerful vote for the person you wish to become. By embracing the principles of โ€œAtomic Habitsโ€ and implementing small changes consistently, you have the incredible potential to transform your life. Donโ€™t underestimate the impact of these seemingly insignificant choices and habits, for they have the power to shape your future. Stay committed, stay persistent, and let the compounding effect of positive habits propel you towards greatness. Embrace this challenge as an opportunity for personal growth, and watch as your small efforts blossom into extraordinary results. You have the power within you to create the life you desire.

Now, letโ€™s embark on this transformative journey together! :rainbow:

10 Likes

Habit Scoreboard

Username Status Points (in imps)
@Binocular :beginner: 91%
@DARSHAN2017 :triangular_flag_on_post: 2%
@DarkDLeo :beginner: 53%
@dominik1 :triangular_flag_on_post: 5%
@Nerbo :triangular_flag_on_post: 28%
@rajameghanan :triangular_flag_on_post: 12%
@redFalcon :triangular_flag_on_post: -48%
@The_Ambitious_One :triangular_flag_on_post: 42%

Imps = Improvements

One good habit is equal to 1%, one bad habit equals -1%, and not doing a good habit equals -1%.

๐—”๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€ ๐——๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜€:

:triangular_flag_on_post: = Started
:beginner: = Achieved 50% imps
:medal_military: = Achieved 100% ims
:medal_sports: = Achieved 250% imps
:trophy: = Achieved 500% imps
:trident: = Achieved 1000% imps

6 Likes

I would like to invite:

@CoffeeMan @The_Rising_One @The_integrous_one @Strong_one @TheSeeker @rajameghanan @Nerbo @Sholt_Tenkerrot @kazim.09 @debellator to join

If you guys donโ€™t want to read all of the introduction just read the Mandatory:

8 Likes

I am in

Please add me

Code : m22mve

3 Likes

I am in also I just needed this challenge

Sc - 1dm46a

4 Likes

Count me in โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž

3 Likes

@Binocular Hey bro. I am interested.

Name: Abhishek V
Sharing Code: yummwv

3 Likes

@Abhishek_V

Are you Naruto Kun ?

3 Likes

@Binocular I have already added you using sharing code.
@Amitroghates I have added you bro.

Yea bro.
@piyushchandak I have added you bro.
@The_Ambitious_One Do share your code bro.

5 Likes

Means you have come back stronger :clap:

Welcome back

@Abhishek_V

4 Likes

Yes bro, I have come back stronger.
Btw 7 days is an good streak bro. Although itโ€™s not big but its good. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Hey @binocular

How will you calculate Percentage imps ?

2 Likes

@Amitroghates and the others, if youโ€™re confused about what you should do in this challenge than just read the Mandatory.

After you guys put your percentages imps at the end of your post, I will put them in the scoreboard or you could do it by yourself. The scoreboard is wiki edit after all

6 Likes

Hello Binocular , Interesting challenge bro but I got myself involved in too many challenges these days. So I would like to back off. But I will join for sure if any 1 of the challenge I am participating is completed.

5 Likes

No problem bro. You are always welcome :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the invite @Binocular . I really appreciate it. However, Iโ€™m trying to minimise my phone usage at present and that might hinder my ability to participate effectively in any challenges.

Surprisingly though, Iโ€™m already practicing habit tracking on paper. So while I may not be able to participate in the challenge, I might intrude with occasional updates on how great Iโ€™m doing :smiling_imp:

Thanks again for the invite bud.:smile:

5 Likes

@Binocular Sensei. Thanks for inviting me. I am in. I do want to be a regular reader. No matter what. But donโ€™t laugh when I set my habit level. I used to do it sometime back and it really worked now I will restart it. :+1:

5 Likes

@anon69203515 Hey bro, check this out.

4 Likes

@Letsputanendtothis , @DARSHAN2017 , @DarkDLeo guys wanna join ??

4 Likes

@Binocular
sc : r39j4o
i m inโ€ฆ

3 Likes