To read this and say I got all of that :innocent:

17 Likes

My Hell :skull_and_crossbones:

You ruined your life :scream:
You lost your manhood😥
You will not marry and you will not build a family.:sob:
You will be hated by society😠
You will be disgraceful to your family🥺
You will never succeed in your studies😞 You will not succeed in achieving your aspirations😰
You will not get high grades :sweat:
You will not succeed in the professional field😨
You will become poor. :persevere:
You will become weak. :disappointed:
Your scent is disgusting :poop:
Your brain is ruined🤯
Other addictions might appear (smoking, drugs, …):confounded:
Fatigue :sweat:
You will suffer from stress😟
you will become fast tired and surrender😩
you will suffer from headaches😫
You will lose the sexual drive toward the opposite sex😣
your memory will weaken a lot and you will suffer from memory problems early🗨
You will be anxious. :disappointed:
You will suffer from insomnia😱
You will become moody.:tired_face:
You will not be able to focus😟
Your brain will become foggy and you will want to be isolated throughout the day.:busts_in_silhouette:
Your sense of guilt will increase dramatically :pensive:
You will suffer from depression which will reduce your happiness or hide it😞
You will lose your desire to do your duties😤
Your willpower is destroyed💥
You will have suicidal thoughts :warning:
You will suffer from prostate cancer :cancer:
You will suffer from serious strokes or heart attacks😷
Sudden and rapid death☠
You will read this while crying because you failed😢

7 Likes

My How? :mag_right:

Nofap, the legendary journey to real success in life, the journey where you find yourself, the journey where you succeed at building strong willpower and self-control, the journey where you recover from your illness, that journey when you win in your life.

Nofap is just No PMO, it’s a life-changing method where you build good habits and get rid of bad ones.

How?

Change! :mountain_snow:

8 Likes

Oh finally you created your diary, nice brother. All the best Sabeur.

And nice idea , you have written your why, hell and how here, i will also try this, i written this in one of my (real) diary (and your why and hell are almost same like mine) but idk where is it now :joy: .

Let’ Go, and win this tournament :fire::fire:.

5 Likes

Reading this post felt like I was going through the list of my affirmations :joy:.
Nice one, all the best

6 Likes

Dude literally wrote his whole life’s do’s and don’ts here :skull::skull:

3 Likes

Bruhhhhhh
I remember I was going through one such post when I decided to nofap . I read all the negative effects and I was scared to death :joy::joy:.
I started nofap because of fear and made a long streak in the first try itself because of the same .

4 Likes

Ok… but what is that supposed to do :joy::joy::joy:

To smell nice😉
20 letters

3 Likes

Damn man, that’s great :clap:. You want to smell good for someone special :smirk::smirk:. My man knows that ladies love good smelling guys :clap:. Btw i also apply deo once but you are on next level :joy:.

3 Likes

Don’t let pmo steal your time. Thanks man for reminding an important thing.

3 Likes

Thank you my wonderful friends for all you support, you are like family to me :heart:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy:
I use gulab itra

1 Like

I read this chapter in a book called “How to use your mind” even tho the chapter is called study Habits, it could be really helpful to learn more about habits (like masturbation for an exemple)

Habit may be defined roughly as the tendency to act time after time in the same way. Thus defined, you see that the force of habit extends throughout the entire universe. It is a habit for the earth to revolve on its axis once every twenty-four hours and to encircle the sun once every year. When a pencil falls from your hand it has a habit of dropping to the floor. A piece of paper once folded tends to crease in the same place. These are examples of the force of habit in nonliving matter. Living matter shows its power even more clearly. If you assume a petulant expression for some time, it gets fixed and the expression becomes habitual. The hair may be trained to lie this way or that. These are examples of habit in living tissue. But there is one particular form of living tissue which is most susceptible to habit; that is nerve tissue. Let us review briefly the facts which underlie this characteristic. In nerve tissue, impressibility, conductivity and modifiability are developed to a marked degree. The nerve-cells in the sense organs are impressed by stimulations from the outside world. The nervous current thus generated is conducted over long nerve fibers, through the spinal cord to the brain where it is received and we experience a sensation. Thence it pushes on, over association neurones in the brain to motor neurones, over which it passes down the spinal cord again to muscles, and ends in some movement. In the pathway which it traverses it leaves its impression, and, thereafter, when the first neurone is excited, the nervous current tends to take the same pathway and to end in the same movement.

It should be emphasized that the nervous current, once started, always tends to seek outlet in movement. This is an extremely important feature of neural action, and, as will be shown in another chapter, is a vital factor in study. Movement may be started by the stimulation of a sense organ or by an idea. In the latter case it starts from regions in the brain without the immediately preceding stimulation of a sense organ. Howsoever it starts you may be sure that it seeks a way out, and prefers pathways already traversed. Hence you see you are bound to have habits. They will develop whether you wish them or not. Already you are “a bundle of habits”; they manifest themselves in two ways–as habits of action and habits of thought. You illustrate the first every time you tie your shoes or sign your name. To illustrate the second, I need only ask you to supply the end of this sentence: Columbus discovered America in----. Speech reveals many of these habits of thought. Certain phrases persist in the mind as habits so that when the phrase is once begun, you proceed habitually with the rest of it. When some one starts “in spite,” your mind goes on to think “of”; “more or” calls up “less.” When I ask you what word is called up by “black,” you reply “white” according to the principles of mental habit. Your mind is arranged in such habitual patterns, and from these examples you readily see that a large part of what you do and think during the course of twenty-four hours is habitual. Twenty years hence you will be even more bound by this overpowering despot.

Our acts our angels are, or good, or ill, Our constant shadows that walk with us still.

Since you cannot avoid forming habits, how important it is that you seek to form those that are useful and desirable. In acquiring them, there are several general principles deducible from the facts of nervous action. The first is: Guard the pathways leading to the brain. Nerve tissue is impressible and everything that touches it leaves an ineradicable trace. You can control your habits to some extent, then, by observing caution in permitting things to impress you. Many unfortunate habits of study arise from neglect of this. The habit of using a “pony,” for example, arises when one permits oneself to depend upon a group of English words in translating from a foreign language.

Nerve pathways should then be guarded with respect to what enters. They should also be guarded with respect to the way things enter. Remember, as the first pathway is cut, subsequent nervous currents will be directed. Consequently if you make a wrong pathway, you will have trouble undoing it.

Another maxim which will obviously prevent undesirable pathways is, go slowly at first. This is an important principle in all learning. If, when trying to learn the date 1453, you carelessly impress it first as 1435, you are likely to have trouble ever after in remembering which is right, 1453 or 1435. As you value your intellectual salvation, then, go slowly in making the first impression and be sure it is right. The next rule is: Guard the exits of the nervous currents. That is, watch the movements you make in response to impressions and ideas. This is necessary because the nervous current pushes on past obstructions, through areas in the brain, until it ends in some form of movement, and in finding the way out, it seeks those pathways that have been most frequently travelled. In study, it usually takes the form of movements of speech or writing. You will need to guard this part of the process just as you did the incoming pathway You must see that the movement is made which you wish to build into a habit. In learning the pronunciation of a foreign word, for example, see that your first pronunciation of it is absolutely right. When learning to typewrite see that you always hit the right key during the early trials. The point of exit of a nervous current is the point also where precautions are to be taken in developing good form. The path should be the shortest possible, involving only those muscles that are absolutely necessary. This makes for economy of effort.

The third general principle to be kept in mind is that habits are most easily formed in youth, for this is the period when nerve tissue is most easily impressed and modified. With respect to habit formation, then, you see that youth is the time when emphasis should be laid upon the formation of as many useful habits as possible. The world recognizes this to some extent and society is so organized that the youth of the race are given leisure and protection so that they may form useful habits. The world asks nothing of you during the next four years except that you develop yourself and form useful habits which will enable you in later life to take your place as a useful and stable member of society.

In addition to the principles just discussed, there are a number of other maxims which have been laid down as guides in the formation of new habits. The first is, make an assertion of will. Vow to yourself that you will form the habit, and keep that resolve ever before you.

The second maxim is, make an emphatic start. Surround yourself with every aid possible. Make it easy at first to perform the act and difficult not to perform it. For example, if you desire to form the habit of arising at six every morning, surround yourself with a number of aids. Buy an alarm clock, and tell some one of your decision. Such efforts at the start “will give your new beginning such a momentum that the temptation to break down will not occur as soon as it otherwise might; and every day during which a breakdown is postponed adds to the chances of its not occurring at all.” Man has discovered the value of such devices during the course of his long history, and has evolved customs accordingly. When men decide to swear off smoking, they choose the opening of a new year when many other new things are being started; they make solemn promises to themselves, to each other, and finally to their friends. Such customs are precautions which help to bolster up the determination at the time when extraordinary effort and determination are required. In forming the habits incidental to college life, take pains from the start to surround yourself with as many aids as possible. This will not constitute a confession of weakness. It is only a wise and natural precaution which the whole experience of the race has justified. The third maxim is, never permit an exception to occur. Suppose you have a habit of saying “aint” which you wish to replace with a habit of saying “isn’t.” If the habit is deeply rooted, you have worn a pathway in the brain to a considerable depth, represented in the accompanying diagram by the line A X B.

A | X / \ B C

Let us suppose that you have already started the new habit, and have said the correct word ten times. That means you have worn another pathway A X C to a considerable depth. During all this time, however, the old pathway is still open and at the slightest provocation will attract the nervous current. Your task is to deepen the new path so that the nervous current will flow into it instead of the old. Now suppose you make an exception on some occasion and allow the nervous current to travel over the old path. This unfortunate exception breaks down the bridge which you had constructed at X from A to C. But this is not the only result. The nervous current, as it revisits the old path, deepens it more than it was before, so the next time a similar situation arises, the current seeks the old path with much greater readiness than before, and vastly more effort is required to overcome it. Some one has likened the effect of these exceptions to that produced when one drops a ball of string that is partially wound. By a single slip, more is undone than can be accomplished in a dozen windings.

The fourth maxim is, seize every opportunity to act upon your resolution. The reason for this will be understood better if you keep in mind the fact, stated before, that nervous currents once started, whether from a sense-organ or from a brain-center, always tend to seek egress in movement. These outgoing nervous currents leave an imprint upon the modifiable nerve tissues as inevitably as do incoming impressions. Therefore, if you wish your resolves to be firmly fixed, you should act upon them speedily and often. “It is not in the moment of their forming, but in the moment of their producing motor effects, that resolves and aspirations communicate the new ‘set’ to the brain.” “No matter how full a reservoir of maxims one may possess, and no matter how good one’s sentiments may be, if one has not taken advantage of every concrete opportunity to act, one’s character may remain entirely unaffected for the better.” Particularly at time of emotional excitement one makes resolves that are very good, and a glow of fine feeling is present. Beware that these resolves do not evaporate in mere feeling. They should be crystallized in some form of action as soon as possible. “Let the expression be the least thing in the world–speaking genially to one’s grandmother, or giving up one’s seat in a … car, if nothing more heroic offers–but let it not fail to take place.” Strictly speaking you have not really completed a resolve until you have acted upon it. You may determine to go without lunch, but you have not consummated that resolve until you have permitted it to express itself by carrying you past the door of the dining-room. That is the crucial test which determines the strength of your resolve. Many repetitions will be required before a pathway is worn deep enough to be settled. Seize the very earliest opportunity to begin grooving it out, and seize every other opportunity for deepening it.

After this view of the place in your life occupied by habit, you readily see its far-reaching possibilities for welfare of body and mind. Its most obvious, because most annoying, effects are on the side of its disadvantages. Bad habits secure a grip upon us that we are sometimes powerless to shake off. True, this ineradicableness need have no terrors if we have formed good habits. Indeed, as will be pointed out in the next paragraph, habit may be a great asset. Nevertheless, it may work positive harm, or at best, may lead to stagnation. The fixedness of habit tends to make us move in ruts unless we exert continuous effort to learn new things. If we permit ourselves to move in old grooves we cease to progress and become “old fogy.”

But the advantages of habit far outweigh its disadvantages. Habit helps the individual to be consistent and helps people to know what to expect from one. It helps society to be stable, to incorporate within itself modes of action conducive to the common good. For example, the respect which we all have for the property of others is a habit, and is so firmly intrenched that we should find ourselves unable to steal if we wished to. Habit is thus a very desirable asset and is truly called the “enormous fly-wheel of society.”

A second advantage of habit is that it makes for accuracy. Acts that have become habitualized are performed more accurately than those not habitualized. Movements such as those made in typewriting and piano-playing, when measured in the psychological laboratory, are found to copy each other with extreme fidelity. The human body is a machine which may be adjusted to a high degree of nicety, and habit is the mechanism by which this adjustment is made.

A third advantage is that a stock of habits makes life easier. “There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision, for whom the lighting of every cigar, the drinking of every cup, the time of rising and going to bed every day and the beginning of every bit of work, are subjects of express volitional deliberation. Full half the time of such a man goes to the deciding or regretting of matters which ought to be so ingrained in him as practically not to exist for his consciousness at all.” Have you ever reflected how miserable you would be and what a task living would be if you had to learn to write anew every morning when you go to class; or if you had to relearn how to tie your necktie every day? The burden of living would be intolerable.

The last advantage to be discerned in habit is economy. Habitual acts do not have to be actively directed by consciousness. While they are being performed, consciousness may be otherwise engaged. “The more of the details of our daily life we can hand over to the effortless custody of automatism, the more our higher powers of mind will be set free for their own proper work.” While you are brushing your hair or tying your shoes, your mind may be engaged in memorizing poetry or calculating arithmetical problems. Habit is thus a great economizer.

The ethical consequences of habit are so striking that before leaving the subject we must give them acknowledgment. We can do no better than to turn to the statement by Professor James, whose wise remarks upon the subject have not been improved upon:

“The physiological study of mental conditions is thus the most powerful ally of hortatory ethics. The hell to be endured hereafter, of which theology tells, is no worse than the hell we make for ourselves in this world by habitually fashioning our characters in the wrong way. Could the young but realize how soon they will become mere walking bundles of habits, they would give more heed to their conduct while in the plastic state. We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, and never to be undone. Every smallest stroke of virtue or of vice leaves its never-so-little scar. The drunken Rip Van Winkle, in Jefferson’s play, excuses himself for every fresh dereliction by saying, ‘I won’t count this time!’ Well! he may not count it and a kind heaven may not count it; but it is being counted none the less. Down among his nerve-cells and fibers the molecules are counting it, registering it, and storing it up to be used against him when the next temptation comes. Nothing we ever do is, in strict scientific literalness, wiped out. Of course this has its good side as well as its bad one. As we become permanent drunkards by so many drinks, so we become saints in the moral, and authorities and experts in the practical and scientific, spheres, by so many separate acts and hours of work. But let no youth have any anxiety about the upshot of his education, whatever the line of it may be. If he keep faithfully busy each hour of the working day, he may safely leave the final result to itself. He can with perfect certainty count on waking up some fine morning, to find himself one of the competent ones of his generation, in whatever pursuit he has singled out. Silently, between all the details of his business, the power of judging in all that class of matter will have built itself up within him as a possession that will never pass away. Young people should know the truth of this in advance. The ignorance of it has probably engendered more discouragement and faintheartedness in youths embarking on arduous careers than all other causes put together.”

5 Likes

Ohhh wow bruhhh…you really love writing. Your all posts…are great …

2 Likes

Thanks brother,
I really appreciate it :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Woah , summary of that book right? Sabuer you are amazing my brother. Keep going brother

1 Like

Day 8 / 1st day of the monk mod:

1_Sleeping more than 8 hours :sleeping_bed:t2: :x:

Reason: family issues

2_Wake up at 5:00 a.m :brain: :white_check_mark:

3_Drinking more than 1.5 liters of water :sweat_drops: :white_check_mark:

4_Prayer :place_of_worship: :x:

Reason: I was out all day

5_1-hour Meditation :man_in_lotus_position:t2:: :white_check_mark:
30 minutes after waking up while looking at nature :seedling::rose:
30 minutes in the afternoon while looking at nature :seedling::rose:

6_Exercise more than 30 minutes :man_running:t2::x:

Reason: I’m not use to exercising so I did only 10 minutes stretching

7_Taking cold showers :shower:::white_check_mark:
One after exercising
One before sleeping

8_Perfume 3 times a day :rose::white_check_mark:

9_Eating healthy food :apple::x:

Reason: it was my uncle’s birthday
:point_right:t2:I have a new idea of a chapter called:
Say no to good people.

10_Brushing my teeth​:tooth: after eating :x:

Reason: only at night cause I was out all day

11_Reading :green_book: and dialogue what I learned with my grandfather :man_curly_haired:t2::man_white_haired:t2: :white_check_mark:

12_Playing the piano :musical_keyboard: More than an hour :white_check_mark:

13_Daily diary :notebook_with_decorative_cover::white_check_mark:

14_Nofap :fire: :white_check_mark:

15_Satisfaction :innocent:: 64,28% :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great

fhdjgjfjdxxgxdfs

2 Likes

My goodness. Some of the tasks you weren’t able to perform because of valid reasons :clap:. That’s next level of dedication bro :fist_right::fist_left: .

:fire::fire::clap:

2 Likes