Sharing code - x32999
Current streak - 5 days
Highest streak - 84 days
Age - 27
Gender - M
Location - GER
Hey there i ahve checked thsi forum for the past 5 days and i liked what i saw there are some people who realy support oneanother and some who try their best to succeed on their own i think i am growing fond of this community.
There is one thing that i noticed though the more intense/real/intimate the talks about PMO and how to NOFAP get the more they are about how PMO is jsut a symptom.
i am still only partially aware of what my PMO patterns are how they came to be and what keeps them going.
But my current major topic is selflove and reflection.
the end of the year comes closer and hence i wanted to create a challange for my self and maybe others would liek to join.
however i would like to avoid any spillover to the other challanges and groups.
th epurpose of this group will definetly be PMO and how to fght the urges and the success streaks we/I have. But i do not care for a daily checkin´s (there are already enoguh groups for that and i thinkit might turn out ot be a bother to keep up with to many of those) with streak numbers etc. what i want is to grow with like minded people.
i am still unaware how setting up accountabilty groups works here so i am glad about any feedback and info!
my core idea is this: every day we will commit to reflect upon our day. we will settle on some basic questions and what to post- obviosly this can and will change with the time. butt he main focus of the topics would be to first more thoroughly understand our current life styl and throgh that learn what we want in the future and how to achieve that.
To make things more tangible the general reflection/accountability period is from 1.12.21 to 31.12.21.
now you will wonder why the hell is this group created on 11.11.21
- first of all i want that we get to know eachother before actually comiting to a month of sticking together and hearing what everyone has to say.
- i would like to formulate a programm together so that we have an increased comitment and it fits our needs for the buzy december month.
- I still have to learn all the featuers of this forum and how to set things up so they are most conveniend for all of us.
so what are my ideal companions/ accountability partners:
- seriously commited to growth meaning:
- willing to discuss private/intimate topics with strangers on the internet
- willing to listen to others oppinions about your life
- willing to check in daily to create a habit of reflection and sharing your daily life
empathetic or want to learn how to develop/ express empathy?
- are you or do you want to become capable of feeling and sitting with other peoples emotions in order to support each other
- are you interested to to take a seat and question whether you are currently on an ego trip simply trying to be right instead of beeing productive in settling a disagreement/discussion?
- tolerant and patient
- you will have to bare quite e view grammar and spelling mistakes… i tend to not reread my posts and the results can be gruesome…XP heads up u have been warned
- we will likely ahve difrent opinions on stuff like religion or how to deal with emotions or daily routines etc. and that is totaly fine as long as we openly discuss the disagreements, can see the value in the others perspective even though we disagree or in worst case scenarios decide to leave a topic be
- self-loving or on the path towards self love
- meaning you are trying to be kind to yourself and also willing to listen to others when they point out that you are abusing yourself or that you are beeing stubborn and not seeing the wohole picture behind your behaviour
- willing and or curious to experiment
- i have quite a few exeercises in mind that at the first glance seem weird but might help us on our journey
If you have these qualities i would be honored if you joined me for the rest of the year in a unique reboot accountabilty group!
if you are not sure but still would like to join DM me and we can talk things out i am all for talking/writing and getting to knwo ppl.
Even though you are currently not able it does not mean that you won´t be in the future. it jsut means we are currently for this group not a perfect fir but it is highly likely if you are willing we will see eachother in the other discussions and posts and i am looking forward on how we support each other and make our lives better.
Now finally that you have read through all this you have passed the first challange
i tend to type a lot… sth you also need to be able to endure or even enjoy
after reading through this you have definetly earnd the right to know a bit about the person who writes this and demands these things from others:)
so i am sharing what i want withthe world wide web;)
- i am currently finishing my business psychology major and wrting my bachelors thesis.
- i work part time as a research assistant to finance myself
- I am spiritual
- i belive in source (god/ universe/ shard concsiousness etc…) and that we are here to make experiences, learn and grow to the benefit of all
- i have spent a little time on understanding islam, christianity, judaism and budhism but neither stuck but i get their appeal and am totally fine with religious people
me and porn
- i have started watching porn arround the age of 12-14
- i became arware of my addiction and started the nofap journey in 2019
- i have had many relapses and droped my pursuits for multiple months.
- i deal with porn currently by writng a diary, writing poetry (there is a discussion here) doing calesthetics, meditating and working a lot that keeps me ocupied
My issues/ weaknesses
- i am living with and fighting against depression
*i have a diagnosed personality disorder leading to me beeing socially insecure and requiring feedback on the apropriateness of my communication (DM for more )
- i have writing disorder and i am currently not dealing with it due to → bigger issues
- i have quite low self-esteem in some regards ( social worth, etc.)
and i have a habbit of compensating for it with knowledge and insecure texting to understandwhat other people are thinking of me -.-^- i am working on that and am glad about feedback
- i can sometimes be quite arrogant when i think that i have the right answer/knwoledg-> i am also dealing with that but i would apreciate feedback and patiance
- i rely on company and beeing seen for motivation… when i feel ignored or tha ti do not matter i get depressed and i am still battling this issue but it is sth that quit eoften triggered my relapse
- i tend to be very critical of myself and when i am not carefull that transfers to my evaluation of others → i am dealing with that but here again feedback is very welcome.
- people are sometimes to much for me and i tend to shot of and retreat to recuperate i try to avoid it and comunicate openly but there might be an occasion where you can not reach me
- i am living with and fighting against depression
- i strive to be more relflected and grow, hence i have patience and a will to understand other points of view and try learning from them
- i know a bit about the human mind, emotions and coping
- i know a bit about learning and planing etc…
- i am a vegan ( i am not here to convert you do not eb afraid) but i do know a bit about nutrition and healthy eating
- i am empathetic, feel a lot, care a lot about people how they are and what they do
- i am quite open and strive to be authentic
this was a bit about me and my vulnerabities basically a trust advance to the commuity
What are my goals here?
as stated above i search for people who share my troubles and wnat to move on in a constructive, committed, empathic, selfloving way and creative way.
i look forward to yor questions and replies either via DM or this post
best regards keep up the good fight and find yourself the rigth companions!