The right role model? --> Is the Youth making an informed decision or just falling in the trap set by societal pressures?- (Personal Views)

I have noticed this over my own childhood and adulthood…that knowingly or unknowingly I got influenced from the content I consumed…Eg… TV,Books,People around, Radio, Newspapers, Media etc

As a impressionable and ignorant child… My role models were Anime characters, cartoons, TV starts, Models etc… I wanted to be like them…If they would curse,I curse.
They say"Love you" to some girl…I say it with twice the drama…

Reflecting upon this…I realized… I had set the wrong role models…These people cannot be our role models, who was themselves aren’t an ideal, They are prone to mistakes, ignorance, lust, greed and other ills .

Then I realized the genius of the Indian Culture --> The culture of

1. Matrudevo Bhavah – Mother is god-like
  2. Pitrudevo Bhavah — Father is god-like
  3. Acharyadevo Bhavah – Acharya is god-like

The genius which in order to inspire the youth and old alike
produced great epics like

1. Ramayana
  2. Mahabharata

and epic poems like Bhagvad Geeta - The guide of Humanity / The user manual of Life

which are a treasure trove of wisdom and knowledge …and The Whole truth

Not only this but the Holy Quran, Holy bible has numerous examples …however I am in no position in pointing them out…as I haven’t read them completely yet…

If only we guys tried to read it for once…and not just read…Apply as well

because Empty vessels make more noise and Actions speak louder than words

So to conclude…We don’t need those fake role models…We already have Jadagguru Krishna, Jesus christ, Prophet Muhammad Maryda purshottam Ram, Lakshman, Bhismapitahmah, Chanakya, Chandragupta, Buddha, Mahavir

I don’t think the youth and society needs anyone else…

What are your views?
Let me know about your ideals/role models in the replies below

I want to know more about ideals set in other religions/cultures …do mention some names and their good qualities and why should they be our ideals?

4 Likes

In the upcoming posts, I shall expand about the Why a person should be our role model, Why do we need one…etc

1 Like

The theory of a role model is wrong.

Every individual is unique and he/she should become his/her best version instead of copying others.

this is my personal opinion / i respect yours

2 Likes

My father is the worst example of a father. He beats my mother and abuse our family. He is addicted to alcohol & lust. I hate him.

Reality is far from books, my dear.
This world is not parallel.

2 Likes

In the upcoming posts, I shall expand about the Why a person should be our role model, Why do we need one…etc

2 Likes

Sad reality …Truly said. World is not parallel.

2 Likes

The theory isn’t wrong in my view…Its application is not done properly.

The furniture having accumulated dust…so we must clean it…Now outright throw it away

1 Like

reading No more mr.nice guy book can give you a lot of insights. Just read the 1st few pages its a v.good book

3 Likes

Can you post a link of the book here ?

In my opinion, if you follow the bad sides of everything, it will negatively impact you and if you follow the postive sides of everything it will positively impact you. Because you get what you do.

And also the thing you said does not apply to everyone. Because not everyones mom dad is great enough . In indian culture mom dad will always be our role model, no one can deny the fact.

And also we are not “kids” Right now. We are mature, we know what things to adapt and what things to not. Especially this forum members who knows whats harming them and whats not. Yeah its a good advice for childrens, but mature ones are not that idiot to repeat everything what is shown in an anime/ or anything else.

My point of view

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pdfdrive.com/no-more-mr-nice-guy-books.html&ved=2ahUKEwjgxLC0wPzsAhW2yDgGHZQMB1gQFjACegQIIhAM&usg=AOvVaw1vMiiSezoHYavOgxuzJcUH

2 Likes

Not only as a kid I believe it is human nature to imitate what they see, hear or watch. So we have to be cautious about what goes inside us, what kind of people we are hanging out with, what kind of content we are watching, what kind of stories we are listening and the source of it and checking the credibility of it before we act upon.

When I saw the title “The right role model” only one person came into my mind, the Greatest Human Being to ever walk on Earth, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). Not only from the religious point of view but also from the academic point of view there is so much to learn.

The perfect lifestyle to live that brings success.

4 Likes

I agree with you. Ancient books literature have more wisdom than the current self improvement books. Also what is being shown in Anime and movies, their main goal is to earn profit. I like movies based on sci-fi, scientist biography but often movies add sensational content than to show the reality. Hence add the false perception.

I find direct interviews of scientists or their podcasts lot more inspiring than watching movies based on them.

3 Likes

christian Bible and stoic books are ancient books and they contain valuable amount of lessons about life and how to live virtuously

2 Likes

Awesome …can you cite some examples …I would love to read about them

1 Like

Nice… is there any website where I can find that all at one place other than youtube ?

1 Like

Inspirational ! Will def read more about this great man

1 Like

Try the app ‘Stoic Bible’ if you have phone or just search, Meditation by Marcus Aurelius or Stoic Quotes. You can search bible in google.

2 Likes

So essentially this post tries to say. that…
You don’t have to reinvent the wheel…
Rather we can pick out the positives from our ancient books and great personalities of the past as well as present and make amends in our life

Lovely !! This will be very helpful for people here looking to read more about the subject

1 Like