The Mini Challenge

Hi all, I’m disappointed with myself I discovered my old phone still worked after I thought it had crashed weeks ago, consequently I had taken off the accountability software effectively and didn’t immediately reestablish my friend as an acc buddy on there. That was my mistake and it was a deliberate one. Then just before bed after reading nofap material I thought screw this got triggered by one random pic that appeared on audible it was enough. Had a late night or should I say early morning 1am to 3.30am binge. I know that was a big mistake because bingeing is worse than a quick relief wank. Now I’m back to square one on the board and I have all the same work to do again to just hit one week…
But bloody hell I’ll just have to get up and do it all over again. Will be letting acc partner know and its setup again on old phone to prevent chaser effect.
Mustn’t give up… !

2 Likes

The idea being that a morning ritual helps you not pmo I’m assuming? I’ve been trying to have a productive morning routine not sure if its worked I think the complicated points scoring system wouldn’t work for me or many people but if its helping you that is all that matters.
The keys have to be discipline, focus , commitment to not pmo, life goals , keeping busy, a concrete plan of action, a life so happy that bullshit pmo loses its appeal…
All the bestest
rbtr81

3 Likes

For sure, because when I start my day off well, by the end of it when it usually happens as rare as it makes me confident and like you said lose its bullshit appeal.

It’s said that the first hour of your day sets the tone for the rest of your day.

If you’re interested in a simpler morning ritual, try out “The Miracle Morning - Life SAVERS” S = silence (meditation or prayer), A = affirmations, V = visualization, E = exercise, R = reading, S = scribing (journalling).

Ideally you’re able to eventually spend around 1.5 hours doing that, but that’s of course a massive commitment.

You can start with only 6 minutes per day (1 minute per letter).

3 Likes

Hi!

Would it be okay if we join up like required in the rules of the challenge? I really like how you report your days.

I’m working on scheduled structure vs “when I feel like it structure” if that makes sense. Have been doing some form of morning ritual for 2+ years.

How are you doing the bottom scoring like coins for study & stuff.

I dropped out of college for good reasoning (thought about for 5 weeks) just wasn’t what I thought the course was… Anyways, it’d be great motivation from you so I could continue to learn from Udemy courses among other learning sites.

:v:

2 Likes

Those coins are given according to percentage of tasks completed in the check in list. Study buddy and HabitBull are great apps.

2 Likes

Hey y’all,
Just wanted to report what I accomplished yesterday to hold myself accountable. Note: I usually plan way too much and maybe get about half done :slight_smile:

:heavy_check_mark:Practice Stoic morning routine by Vox Stoica (Guided Morning Routine - (Stoic Meditation at end) - YouTube)
:heavy_check_mark:Start laundry
:heavy_check_mark:Eat a healthy breakfast and count calories (I’m trying to gain muscle weight…if any of y’all have advice, please share)
Try out an exercise in this book I got called 642 Tiny Things to Write About
:heavy_check_mark:Finish laundry
:heavy_check_mark:Go meet a friend for lunch
:heavy_check_mark:Stop in at work to finish something from yesterday that is time sensitive, 1 hour
Purchase a mattress for my apt (been sleeping on an air mattress since Sept)
:heavy_check_mark:Put laundry away
Build mattress frame I already have and make my new bed
Make food for dinner and rest of my work week
Balance my budget and pay bills (1 hour)
:heavy_check_mark:Go to gym @ 6p and finish by 7:30p at the latest
:heavy_check_mark:Iron shirts and pants, chose work clothes for tomorrow
:heavy_check_mark:Talk to my partner on the phone for 30 mins
1 hour reading my CoDA book and continuing to write my first step
Make weekly cleaning schedule and time to respond to emails and messages
Text my CoDA sponsor to check in about our phone call tomorrow
9-10 no phone, meds, relaxation techniques, meditation, brush & floss, read, sleep

Yep, I completed 10/19 things, just over half.

Good luck on your goals, y’all, and keep it up! I support you!

Peace,
MJ

3 Likes

How did calculate a 94 rewire score and a 92 Habit bull score?

Also, why does study bunny coins say 24 but then a +110 in brackets? What does the +110 mean and how was it calculated?

Thank you!
:pray:t2::v:

2 Likes

:bow_and_arrow: Day 1

Mini-Challenge
:pause_button: Shower every 2 days
:white_check_mark: Listen to 5 songs
:white_check_mark: Single 25m Pomodoro (biz)

Other
:white_check_mark: Remember afternoon med
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Update any WP plugins & post 1 Udemy coupon
:white_check_mark: No arguments with Hunny
:white_check_mark: Mini-challenge/90 Day Hero Check-in
:white_check_mark: Today’s Jan Telegram Check-in, etc…

:moneybag: Coins Received: 6
:moneybag: Total Coins: 6

4 Likes

Hello people, i hope that everything is OK, 2020 is THE year.

Day 14

:negative_squared_cross_mark: Waking up in 5 AM - 4 days out of 6
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Praying
:white_check_mark: Reading - I didn’t finished reading the book ‘‘12 Rules for Life’’ by Jordan B. Peterson, but i am starting to read other book.
:white_check_mark: Avoiding negative thoughts - No PMO thoughts
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Taking cold showers whenever i have urges - I had some urges during those 6 days and almost one wet dream, but i got rid of those urges. cold showers are still an option, i just didn’t try this option yet.
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Reducing my YouTube and Internet usage - I will try again.

I will buy a new book which called “The Myth of Sisyphus”, a philosophical essay by Albert Camus. Sisyphus reminds me the daily fight against this addiction.

1_DDsOx6D3oe8ZxcA-OTfIDA

3 Likes

Def going to work on a personalised morning ritual thanks ; as a Christian mine will involve bible reading, prayer maybe exercise within the limits of tendonitis pain.

5 Likes

@EmeraldArcher About 94 percent of tasks listed in Rewire companion forum were completed. About 92 percent of tasks listed in HabitBull were completed. In study bunny, 1 coin is given for studying for 10 minutes. +110 means that I had purchased virtual things for bunny with that money. I was trying to calculate net worth.

2 Likes

Day Nine

The quote when I opened Rewire this morning was something about if you want to be free from something you just be willing to swim until you can look l no longer see the shore line. In a way, that is that I struggled with this morning. I woke up thinking, I’m doing good, and they began to recall many mistakes and relapses that occurred last year and began to be aroused. I started to tossle in my bed and without intending had an o. I’m not resetting my counter because I think that would be counter productive and make me feel defeated. I didn’t intend to o and and as soon as I realized what was happening I sat up but it was too late. :man_facepalming:t3:

But I am going to learn from this. This is a common stage from me when I’m not indulging in p then past memories of acting out come to taunt me. I feel a mix of guilty and aroused and it puts me in an awful state if I allow it to. It felt very much like an attack.

I have the power to control my mind and I don’t have to see l allow the “show” to continue in my mind. Sometimes the thinking goes like, can I be aroused by this stuff again? Of course you can dummy, that’s not helping you. Swim until you cannot see the shoreline. Don’t look back.

So I am choosing to learn from this and will continue my reboot. If I have the same kind of experience again, I’ll reboot/reset my counter. I want to set my face on the King and not look back.

To the brothers here with sincerity.

@anon67854825 @Gk-00

5 Likes

Edited: major typo on second last point, said opposite of what I meant.

That’s honestly really weird. I was hesitant to post a similar thing. But, now that you’ve posted, I’ll share my story.

Last night, I had a dream of having female body parts. I woke up and in a haze did an o. In the past, I wouldn’t reset my counter for this, especially because it was “my own body”. I remember in the dream I was going to use the skills I learned with my SO.

I felt guilty as well though because although I wouldn’t reset my counter in the past for this, I feel this was meant to happen as a learning experience so nothing similar, or worse happens like this in the future. I’m glad it happened only on day (2 on 90 day hero challenge)22 total steak, so it’s a lot of days of learning to go before 90(110).

Now, if this kind of thing happens in the future, I’m resetting my counter, only because I believe I can be that strong & although like I said I wouldn’t have reset in the past, I feel I’ve grown bigger than that now.

I feel a lot better coming here and explaining my situation. I feel a lot less stressed, more accepting & true to myself after putting it on “paper” as well as to a community.

Thank you for having the courage I lacked to post this.

2 Likes

:bow_and_arrow: Day 2

Mini-Challenge
:white_check_mark: Shower every 2 days

Personal
:white_check_mark: Update any WP plugins & post 1 Udemy coupon (got out of bed to do so)

Rewire

:moneybag: Coins Received: 8
:moneybag: Total Coins: 14
:open_book: Study Bunny Coins Earned (Total): 12 (17)

3 Likes

Today should be my day ten but I messed up. Facing my failure is so difficult right now but I have no choice but to go forward, so help me God.

@anon67854825 @Gk-00

2 Likes

:bow_and_arrow: Day 3

Mini-Challenge
:pause_button: Shower every 2 days

Personal
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Remember afternoon med (going to take, even if I haven’t eaten a lot. I don’t have to have food with med anyways, was just an excuse to keep working I think)
:white_check_mark: Update any WP plugins & post 1 Udemy coupon

Rewire

:moneybag: Total Coins: 20

Great day! Worked more on my app. Solved some more bugs, mostly ones I created :joy:.

Going to 100% be on top of anti-depresant afternoon med tomorrow & beyond. I’m just so motivated to work on my app & business (thanks to proper chem levels in brain from med lol) so I kinda gotta keep taking them if I want to feel good lol.

Getting to bed at good time finally tonight.

2 Likes

:bow_and_arrow: Day 24 | Week 4

:white_check_mark: Wake Up Before 6 AM
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: NoFap Prayer
:white_check_mark: Update NoFap Streak
:white_check_mark: Mini Urges Defeated: 1
:white_check_mark: Studying Goal Achieved
:white_check_mark: Face Change Tracking Photo
:white_check_mark: Read A Good Book
:white_check_mark: 10 Half Push ups
:white_check_mark: Screen Activity Review
:white_check_mark: Use Sword, See My Commitments, Hero Check in
:white_check_mark: Diary Check in

Progress: Clean Day! :smiley:
Benefits/Mood/Productivity: :slightly_smiling_face:
Tasks Score ~ 100

2 Likes

:bow_and_arrow: Day 4

Mini-Challenge
:white_check_mark: Shower every 2 days

Personal
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Update any WP plugins & post 1 Udemy coupon
:negative_squared_cross_mark: No arguments with Hunny

Rewire

:moneybag: Total Coins: 26

A lot of mental growth thanks to augmented that sadly happened between my spiritual wife & I. I’m for now on believing in myself and ending the self-defeating talk because neither I nor her deserve it whatsoever. It kills us in the inside and it ends NOW!

1 Like

That was frustrating the entire post I just wrote wouldn’t upload because I foolishly quit the app because it was stalling and that due to parental block on router. I have to use mobile data to use this crazy!
Anyway I binge failed yesterday pissed at myself
Here’s my new list of updated and simplified reasons to not pmo damn it must keep it simple damn it

SIMPLE REASONS TO QUIT PMO

Demotivates me from taking action and changing my life

wastes a lot of time

isn’t real life is empty fantasy

leads to depression and loneliness

could lead to viewing illegal content

leads to frustration and anger at God

strengthens guilt, shame and ocd

is sinful and grieves God

WITHOUT PMO I WILL BE

HAPPIER
CONFIDENT
UNASHAMED
NOT A SLAVE
ACHIEVING
POSITIVE
MOTIVATED
ENERGISED
JOYFUL
MASCULINE
CLOSER TO GOD
and
LIVING MY LIFE AS GOD INTENDED

Could add pages more but I think it just obscures , overcomplicates, exhausts and tires the reader whether that’s me or you.

New morning routine so help me GOD
.check in on rewire each day
.read out these reasons to myself each day
.watch at least one motivational nofap video each day
.some form of exercise
.bible reading each day

If I can get up earlier then the earlier I get these tasks done in succession then the better as I’m incredibly damnably undisciplined
Wont list things like cleaning teeth, showering, shaving as don’t seem relevant right now hopefully I’d get some of those done too

The problem being my stupid shift patterns, tendency to stay up late, getting up late as a consequence and stretching these tasks out. ‘Tasks’ I’m able to perform at work too as I support a guy in his home and it’s just me and him…
Damn it I’m happier being at work than fucking up my time at home

Hope you all well anyway
Rbtr81

2 Likes

:bow_and_arrow: Day 25 | Week 4

:negative_squared_cross_mark: Wake Up Before 6 AM
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: NoFap Prayer
:white_check_mark: Update NoFap Streak
:white_check_mark: Mini Urges Defeated: 1
:white_check_mark: Studying Goal Achieved
:white_check_mark: Face Change Tracking Photo