The Hero's 90 Day Challenge! šŸ‘‘

Welcome hero @BenThor!

Glad to have you join, and welcome to the community! In terms of your sharing code, itā€™s one way you can get followers on this app.

Go to the Companions tab on the app and select the Menu button - mine is in green.

Then select My Sharing Code.

2 Likes

9 October 2019

My daily check-in :

*affirmation - *i have courage to step out of my comfort zone *
*Iā€™m thankful for having a life partner *

• Report of the day - Another clean day
  • the number of urges defeated = 1. I watch a show big boss and girls they wear short clothes revealing their legs. It gave me dopamine high. I had the chaser effect afterwards but i didnt follow behind it and choose a decision to not Edgeā€¦ run behind such kind of stuff. Thus added one more day to my streak.
    practise done.
  • Diary : Today i wanted to go outside. I wear my shoes and went to the gate but didnt find the courage to step out. I roam around my house for couple of minutes and left the idea of going. But i will try again ā€¦ next day.

4 Likes

Thankyou mate, you have given me hope. Lets do this!!! My code is y171tc

2 Likes

Day 1- Why do we fall? To learn how to pick ourselves back up

Havenā€™t been feeling as good as the last few days. I can feel some effects of the previous relapse. However i donā€™t feel as bad as i did before the 29 day streak. Iā€™m looking forward to see what is to come

2 Likes

1st day of the challenge

• Affirmation - I am in control of my life.
  • One thing Iā€™m thankful for my life - Iā€™m thankful for the motivation that I have been given by you brothers :pray::yellow_heart:.
  • Progress for the day - Today I have succeeded in staying free of PMO (day 1)!
  • The number of urges defeated/practices completed - I defeated 2 urges today and practiced about 4 times.

I still need to work on the visualizing my vision whenever I practice the urge-overcoming method. To me, the vision stage is the most powerful at stopping urges, just as @Forerunner describes in this post:

The Hero's 90 Day Challenge! šŸ‘‘ - #27 by Forerunner

2 Likes

2 Likes

@ncubeanelem Great new start brother! Glad to see you get back up and into fighting action again!

For visualising your vision, it helps to have a picture in your mind of what living your vision would look like. Perhaps for you, you could look back to how you felt on your trip to South Africa, and imagine feeling that way again within the next 60-90 days on a more permanent basis.

@Sahas Delighted to see you made the right choice not to edge! Itā€™s never worth it.

Howā€™s the method for urges working for you? Itā€™s good to get in more daily practice so it becomes an automatic habit when stronger urges come up.

@BenThor Picking ourselves up after a fall is always difficult, but youā€™re definitely making better choices this time and learning from the past.

Have you practised the urge-overcoming method yet? Whatā€™s your vision?

3 Likes

Havenā€™t had any urges today.
My vision- I am standing in a field fully present. Shinning radiantly in the sunlight with shining skin and bright eyes, and a peacful mindset. Opposite me i see myself from a year ago. I tell them ā€œeverything will be ok and the future is bright, just have patienceā€

1 Like

@BenThor I like it! Clear benefits there, and itā€™s nice to think about the changes compared to a year ago.

The idea of practising is that we do it even when we donā€™t have urges, so weā€™re prepared when they come.

1 Like

Thank you for following my story and reminding me of that pleasant period in my life. I think it could work very well as a benchmark for what I want my life to be like by quitting PMO and picking up positive habits. :smile:

1 Like

I go through my list of Reasons & Vision each morningā€¦ plus i write my diary & daily check in here. It is helping me a lot to start the day with keeping Nofap in mind.

I am feeling better nowadays.

3 Likes

10 October 2019

My daily check-in :

*affirmation - *i am a Hard Working person *
*Iā€™m thankful for having Sisters *

• the number of urges defeated = 0. Thank god. No Urges to deal with.
    practise done.
  • Diary : Day 16
    After a visit from my sister family i got Rewired because of their positive energy. i felt good in their company. confidence & meditation rise up.
    next morning i went for my morning walk and it was good. now i have courage to go outside.

4 Likes

Day 2
ā€œSuccess is the sum of small efforts repeated one day at a timeā€

Still not feeling the same confidence and happiness as i had, but i know it will return very soon, itā€™s just a matter of time. Iā€™m looking on the bright side, this relapse has made me realise how different i was on nofap and it really does work.
I started the practice today and whenever i did think about, it did make me feel more relaxed and peaceful for a few moments afterwards

2 Likes

11 October 2019

My daily check-in :

*affirmation - *i am peaceful & calm *
*Iā€™m thankful for having a home *

• the number of urges defeated = 0. Thank god. No Urges to deal with.
    practise done.
  • Diary : The Anxiety is on the highest level because its time has come to die. It is twiching for its final moments. Soon i will be peaceful & calm.

3 Likes

2nd day of the challenge.

• Affirmation - I am an achiever.
  • One thing Iā€™m thankful for my life - Iā€™ve the power to change my life.
  • Progress for the day - I fought to stay clean today (day 2) and Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t fall for the temptation again.
  • The number of urges defeated/practices completed - I defeated 1 strong urge (a memory which I banished quickly) and practiced 4 times.

I need to work on using my shield. Iā€™ve practically been fighting with my weak points open for my enemy to strike. Iā€™m working on coming up with a routine for reading and other positive habits.I will tell you guys how it goes.

3 Likes

@ncubeanelem
I suggest you go through your Reasons & Visions in the Morning & write this check in because if you start your day with this kind of Nofap Prayerā€¦ you are going to Remember this during the day & make right choice when urges comes.
You just have to survive This present moment only.

Visit forum at night and read beautiful messages & Urge Media from home page. Then Good Night.
1 day added to streak
1 km distance reduced from the Journeyā€¦ i mean you become closer to your Bestā€¦ each day you survive.

2 Likes

Day 3
ā€œYes itā€™s going to be tough, but itā€™s going to be worth itā€
Edges=0
Today Iā€™ve been emotional. A movie made me tear up!! Itā€™s the first time a movie has made me cry, it was called wonder. And then after that i walked my dogs which i do everday, but today i felt really happy. On my last streak these emotions didnā€™t come until around day 15 but for some reason Iā€™ve been like it on day 3 this time. Donā€™t know if it will roll on tomorrow, or if Iā€™ve just been in a good mood, but Iā€™ve enjoyed today for what it was. I will thankyou again for starting this challenge, and it wont be the last time i say that. I am really grateful.

3 Likes

Thanks for this great suggestion, @Sahas. I will start doing that from now on. By the way @Forerunner, I anticipate that at some point during this month I wonā€™t be able to log in (probably for over 3 days) until next month. I will be checking in using my RC journal until Iā€™m able to log in again, and then update you on my progress. I hope you can allow me to be absent and still not lose the challenge, unless if I relapse (which I donā€™t intent to). :smile:

2 Likes

12 October 2019
Day 19

My daily check-in :

*affirmation - *i have the courage to step out of my comfort zone *
*Iā€™m thankful for having this beautiful life & oppurtunity to prove myself *

• the number of urges defeated = 1. I was reading News and a advertisement come. It was a Bra ad. A women was changing 3 different types of bra. The addicted mind told to go to youtube and watch more such ads and i said NO. Fuck yourself.
    practise done.
  • Diary : after doing physical Excercise i felt better. Today i am feeling good. I need to again go for a morning walk just to see my progress. I will try tomorrow.

4 Likes

3rd day of the challenge.

• Affirmation - I am going to come out of this trap now and not later.
  • One thing Iā€™m thankful for my life - All the good that is in the world.
  • Progress for the day - One more day of being free and clean (streak 3 days).
  • The number of urges defeated/practices completed - It is morning now, but yesterday I donā€™t remember fighting any urges; just brief thoughts which I banished. I practiced 3 times.

I am staying strong despite a lot of negative feelings I get during the day (which might be because Iā€™m seeing a lot of things the wrong way). I think that Iā€™ll begin to see things in the right way as I progress further in this journey. Iā€™m about to go to church now. Stay blessed.

3 Likes