Stop compulsive or binge viewing of Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and other Junk Digital Content (JDC) Challenge 2021. Entries opened

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 51 :white_check_mark:

I completely deleted my accounts (fb insta )
I had never used tiktok or any other dating app
No web series (only watched friends , YOUNG SHELDON, EARLY BIRDS , Demon slayer in last year )

I feel so free form this junk…
I have stop consuming youtube just because of the short .its like tiktok. Nothing less than that …
Only use youtube for documentaries and education video.

Trust me you will have so much of time in you day … and will get focus on your goals and dream

5 Likes

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 52 :white_check_mark:

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 53 :white_check_mark:

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 54 :white_check_mark:

I have relapsed on noJDC yesterday. I did binge viewing of YT comedy and news websites for several hours. So, I reset my counter. noJDC is very difficult for me, but eventually I will get rid of this nasty habit.

These are the causes of the last relapse:

1. I rely too much on block applications. Recently, block app stopped working on my second phone and I could not fix it. Yesterday, I went into binge viewing of YT and news sites on this phone.

2. It starts with the need to view some financial information for my work. Then, I continue to edging this financial info and articles even when I don’t need it for the work. The edging brings big relapse at the end.

3. I don’t work with my desires to see JDC. I have to break mental chain.

4. It was about escaping of bad feeling. Once again my mind tries to avoid suffering by going into distraction of JDC binge viewing.

Changes I am going to implement:

1. I don’t rely on technical blocking apps anymore, because they sometimes fail and don’t work on some devices or browsers. As with NoPMO, I have to block at the mental level.

New relapse rule: Viewing forbidden website or content without written intention for more than 5 min per day is a relapse.

1. Always write intention and set timer when I have to watch JDC for work

2. Guard my senses , including thoughts. The same I do with noPMO. In noPMO when I see a seductive image of female I draw my eyes away immediately. The same with mental images. Here, when I have mental image or desire, I have to stop this image. The same when I hear someone talking or see advertising - I have to run away from this.

3. I change the chain. Instead of escaping through JDC, I will read book on my kindle.

This fight is the most important for me. I want to be totally free from JDC addiction!

1 Like

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 55 :white_check_mark:

2nd day of noJDC, starting again

1 Like

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 56 :white_check_mark:

3rd day on NoJDC. Keep going.

1 Like

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 57 :white_check_mark:

1 Like

@Themonk1 May I join this challenge?

Code : 8uwuwa

1 Like

Hi @anon87955785 . Yes, you can join. Read the rules and add your name to the table in the main post.

2 Likes

Another day without JDC. Now, I don’t allow even small edging.

1 Like

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 58 :white_check_mark:

@Themonk1 One small doubt, can we use You tube for academic purposes like clearing the doubt of unsolved question in subjects like Mathematics or Computer?

1 Like

Day 1
NO JDC Successful

2 Likes

Checking Conditions…
No JDC Day 59 :white_check_mark:

1 Like

@anon87955785 Yes. I wrote that sometimes we have to use JDC websites for work or study.

In order not to get carried away, we have to write a purpose of our use somewhere, decide how much time we will use and set timer. Then we use JDC site.
When timer finishes we have to stop using or add more time for wholesome purpose.

3 Likes

Hey guys
I’ll be coming back again. Please give me some time.
When I wasn’t in the challenge I actually skipped JDC completely because I was really angry with myself and the situation. I’m hoping to replicate this again.
Thank you for the challenge.

3 Likes