98 days of no fap and I finally have boners every single fricking day. I truly think my dopamine and in general my mind is going back to it’s original place.I have some sexual thoughts here and there but I learned how to reduce them
Keep At It, never give up. Glad you’re seeing benefits brother. Channel the energy to productive stuff, and never let your guard down. Cheers!
I get boners everyday too, how the hell do you control them?
I’ll tell you some practical tips that work for me:
- Build a meditation habit, try and meditate every single day. If you’re starting out, the duration of each session doesn’t matter, you must do it every single day, for atleast 30 seconds, maximum 20. if it’s a bad day for you, no willpower, motivation or stuff, do it for 30s. If you’re feeling really good, do it for longer. The key is consistency. Do it every single day, and reward yourself something good after you do it. it would slowly become just like fapping became a habit for us. It helps you focus, improve willpower, yeah it’s got a ton of benefits.
- Exercise. it takes mind off erection. when you get a boner, get down right that moment, and take 25 pushups. Don’t even think. Slowly, doing it regularly, it would become a habit too. Whenever you feel like jerking off, you’ll start having tendencies to work out instead. Replace your fapping with great habits like exercise.
- Get out of the room. You get boners when you’re in the bedroom? Get out ASAP, don’t think too much and try to fight it there, retreat.
- talk to people. As soon as you get a boner, find someone to talk random shit to, or call or text friends or family
- do math in your head. try and multiply some random numbers like 36x84 in your head only. this mental effort takes your mind off of the arousal, basically distracting from your boner.
- Hold your breath, for as long as possible. Close your mouth and nose, till you feel like you’re about to explode(don’t worry, you won’t die or pass out). Then the body feels like it’s dying. After all, survival instinct is greater than any other instinct. You will forget about fapping in your struggle to survive(some people go to such extremes as to dipping their heads in a bucket full of warer to reset. i doubt you’ll need to go to that extreme.)
- Immediately come to this forum, read people’s stories, their experiences, their feeling of shit when they relapsed and so on. The app has a beautiful motivation system to get rid of urges and also a meditation feature. they actually work.
Finally, you’re getting erections randomly, without porn or fantasies means it’s a good thing. Your sexuality is working properly, and your drive is still there. Most of us can’t get erections without porn for having actual sex, even if we tried. All you need to make sure is that you don’t use the boner to PMO to shit and stay the fuck away from porn. These tips will help you to do exactly that. There are long term solutions, which would probably take you a month or so to incorporate to your life, also there are short term tips, which will help you in the moment. Find out shit for yourself. It’s a lot of work, we know, but it’s work worth doing. It’s work which WILL reward you. Hope this helped. Stay strong!!
Great thing. I am on 70 days. Going through flat line hope to get normal soon
Great advices , I know how meditation is fine for getting a fresh brain and for focus on the goals …
Fortunately, i get lazy to do it for a regular times .
The thought of mathmatiques was very different and surprise me … but I’m not who like it but nice advice too .
Doing math felt weird to me too at first. But oh boy, does it work! Do multiple sums whenever the urge hits, in your head. Using pen and paper is too easy. You need your conscious mind as alert and riled up to combat the subconscious urges, or I guess that’s how it works, it’s just practical, I don’t know the theory behind it.
Also, if you’re having trouble with meditation, and feel lazy, do it just for sometime. The key is to make it into a habit just like fapping became a habit for you, not meditate for long periods. Choose a cue, a routine and most importantly, a reward and your brain will automatically pick it up, and you won’t even have to think about it. my cue is being frustrated while studying, which normally would have led me to fap, but I started to meditate instead, and found out it gives me the same benefits. my routine is sitting down, setting the timer, and focusing on my breath, even for 30 seconds helps. The reward is eating something sweet, often some sugar or chocolate etc. you basically will have to train your brain the way you’d train an animal, after doing it for long enough, you’ll do it like a zombie, just the way we used to fap, without even thinking about it, because we expect the same reward subconsciously
All these are advices I got for various sources and other fapstronauts, can’t really take credit for any of them. I’m just a beginner too, I’m not that experienced in NoFap, so many people guided me when I started out, and some of this i learned in school. Hope i helped.
My friend in the comments gave a lot of good advises. I’m not doing anything soecial myself though.I’m avoiding sexual thoughts and sexual stuff on the internet, I know that I’m healing so I don’t even want to touch my penis, If I masturbate I will go to the old me again… Besides that I have enough will power not to…
Do you think that fantasing here and there is going to just slower your progress or ultimately stops? Because I think the mind works a lot when you stop bombarding it with dopamine. I myself went to flat line 2 or 3 times
I’m not sure I understand your question right. If you’re talking about running fantasies of having sex with someone, I’d say that it’s natural to have them, everybody has them, but we, as fapstronauts should get them out of our heads ASAP. Don’t dwell on them, because we’re having trouble with porn and trying to stay away from fap, and it might lead to relapse, sooner or later. If you find your mind wander and hooked on fantasies, immediately distract your mind, using the tactics, why the hell take a risk? Just politely decline the fantasy and focus on something else, after all, they don’t do you any good either.
Thanks for the help my nofapfriend! Will my mind be healed even If I have sexual thoughts?
Of course my man, healing isn’t about totally erasing sexual thoughts from your mind.(Although if your goal is specifically that, go for it, it’s okay, whatever you believe in) Sexual thoughts and in general horniness is part of us. You can build up discipline to control those feelings from this journey, but They won’t completely go away. For me, personally healing is about rewiring the brain not to be excited by porn anymore and to get attracted by people in real life, and about cleansing life of all the negative impacts of porn. So yeah, normal sexual thoughts are a part of my healing criteria, but it can be different for all of us. But, my life is not just about sex, it’s about accomplishments and constantly improving myself. If you believe that mindset, you would considerably reduce sexual urges. Some are trying for hard core sperm retention and brahmacharya, total monk mode, and that’s fine too. Figure out what you want, what healing means for you.
YESSSS! Thank you my friend! That’s exactly what I was saying!