Special Advices from Chinese Nofap Forum

Thanks… Brother​:pray:. Your tips are very good :+1:

1 Like

This seems bit stretched. Although i am also half Buddhist. I practice vipassana meditation almost daily. But still how is it fault of sexy women that they are pretty or sexy. They are also a human being. And god has made them beautiful so other person get attracted to them but is it their fault that they are beautiful?

4 Likes

You amend it which suits to you the main crux was to understand the Teachings of Lord Buddha… What he want to convey with us… At that time Scriptures and methods were written by Male Monks. So they described in that way… There weren’t Misogynist but these methods were directed in Male dominated time… So understand the concept it and make as per your choice @raushan

3 Likes

Hi @anon65589122, Master Yin Guang did not mean that it is a fault for sexy women, he actually focus on our lust. Since our lust arises when seeing them, if we treat them as dangerous as tiger and robber and quickly excape, we can save ourselves from giving in to lust. This is rather a mind trick than a value.

5 Likes

Hi @ToThy now it makes more sense. Thanks for clarification.

2 Likes

#5 Powerful Mantra to Vanquish Lust - Shurangama Mantra (楞嚴/严咒)

Shurangama Mantra is regarded as the longest and most powerful mantra in Buddhism. It is found in the Shurangama Sutra (楞嚴經/楞严经), one of the most important sutras of Mahayana Buddhism. The reason why this mantra is especially powerful to vanquish lust is that according to Shurangama Sutra, Buddha used this mantra to save his disciple Ananda from breaching the precept of abstinence from unchastity. When Ananda was begging for food, he passed by a house of prostitution, then he suffered from an artifice - the daughter of Matangi used mantra of Kapila religion to hypnotise him to impure mat, she stroked and rubbed him and Ananda was on the verge of destroying the precept-substance. After Buddha knew this, he commanded Manjushri to take the Shurangama Mantra to rescue Ananda. The evil mantra was finally extinguished and Ananda was saved.

According to Shurangama Sutra, charting this mantra can vanquish all evils, and free oneself from all sufferings, and even attain precept, diligence and wisdom if oneself regularly practices Shurangama Mantra. Shurangama Sutra and Mantra were very much appreciated and promoted by Master Hsuan Hua (宣化上人), the founder of the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (萬/万佛城) in Califonia.

Shurangama Mantra is very similar to the White Parasol (Sitatapatra) Dharani. I suppose they are variations of the same mantra. You can find the audio of this mantra in Sanskrit below:

There is Chinese version, but the pronunciations are very much distorted, so I prefer chanting Sanskrit version.

The following is the ‘Heart’ of Shurangama Mantra:
TADYATHA OM ANALE ANALE VISADE VISADE
VIRA VAJRA TARE BANDHA BANDHANI
VAJRA PANI PHAT HUM TRUM PHAT SVAHA

This mantra heart, as described in the mantra, can produce a boundary (bandha) of 12 yojana (around 144km) when chanted. Since chanting the whole mantra is too difficult for me, I chant this mantra heart whenever I feel my mind unstable or face temptations, and I truly find a sense of calm after chanting.

The content of Shurangama Mantra contains a lot of names of ghosts and evils, who will all be vanquished if one chants the mantra. So ghosts and evils all fear this mantra very much. According to the Buddha Pronounces the Sutra of Total Annihilation of the Dharma (佛說法滅盡經/佛说法灭尽经), at the Dharma Ending Age, Shurangama Sutra will disappear first, followed by all other sutras in the 12 categories. Surangama Mantra is the most powerful weapon to vanquish evils, so evils all hope to destroy the sutra and the mantra. This is why Master Hsuan Hua said that if Shurangama Sutra and Mantra still exist, right Dharma would still present in this world; if they disappear, right Dharma also disappears.

You can discover more of Shurangama Sutra and Mantra through the following website if you are interested:
http://www.cttbusa.org/shurangama/shurangama_contents.asp
http://www.buddhisttexts.org/uploads/6/3/3/1/6331706/surangama_new_translation.pdf

10 Likes

Yes brother this mantra praises all gods and also names all evils . It asks gods to vanquish all the evils and never let them come near.
I don’t chant this mantra but this is quite powerful.
NAMO buddhaye

2 Likes

Bro you also know this mantra! Personally I feel this mantra is really powerful to tackle lust, maybe you can try to chant the mantra heart :wink:

1 Like

Yes bro
Actually there are lot of mantras in Hinduism and I guess Buddhism also.
The aum, Shree and namah sounds are basics of mantra .
And the heart you talked about is I guess the mantra to be chanted at time of aahuti(ritual in yagya-holy fire) because it has svaha at last which represents a ahuti in yagya.
So it makes it a powerful mantra …:smile:
You can search for mool mantras in you tube for more beautiful mantras(they are supposed to be the root of mantras).

Like - Hari Om tat sat
Hope you will enjoy .:smile:

1 Like

Yeah I also think Buddhism teachings have roots in Hinduism, so they are very similar. It seems many mantra of Buddhism end with svaha, like the mantra in Heart Sutra: GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA, maybe the usage of svaha is changed in Buddhism? :thinking:
And what are mool mantras? I search it and seems related to Sikhism?

3 Likes

Nice.
Mool means root . So root mantra. It is not related to Sikhism.
Every mantra has specific sounds, vibrations and specific meanings.
You may find om,Shree,namah in mostly every mantra.so these make up base and then added some specific sounds like hrin, klin etc
Search for Hari Om tat sat you will find it.

1 Like

Yep. All the religions of the world are the same basically :smile::smile:. All teach us discipline, the secrets of life and a lot of other things, though in different ways and perspectives. We should take positive things from every single religious system and should reject what seems negative or illogical. I personally don’t identify with any religion and am an atheist, but i really enjoy learning about religious systems and the way they help people figure out life. Each religion was designed by truly amazing people, who could see a lot, but only in part. The mantra concept is very interesting. I mean, science backs it up too, in the wake of affirmations, influencing the subconscious and inception and it really makes sense if you think about it.

3 Likes

Oh I see, thanks bro for explanation :smile: Really grateful to know you guys from India, please feel free to tell more about Hinduism, mantra and the like, I want to know more!

I feel the same as you! All religion are actually one, they just use different names and have different practice. Just like Heaven in Christianity may identify with Western Pure Land in Buddhism, and Trinity may correspond to Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. I even think Jesus and Buddha are God descended to human form, just as avatars of Vishnu in terms of Hinduism.

I think instead of religion, we actually choose the path towards spirituality, just like Jnana Yoga if one is more intelligent, or Karma Yoga if one is more practical. It is sad to see all those disputes between religions.

4 Likes

#6 Quenching Urges - Mantra Chanting

Most of the time, PMO comes from urges, and urges in turn come from sexual thoughts. Those sexual thoughts are like fire, the first sparkle of thought is like small candle fire, which can be easily extinguished. However, if we follow those thoughts, we are giving fuels to the fire, it becomes stronger and stronger and finally turns to bushfire, at that time it becomes strong urges which can hardly go out. Therefore those impure thoughts should be stopped as quickly as possible.

I think you must have experience that even if you are not PMOing, just having some impure thoughts and your body is already reacting - probably your head starts to feel hot, strong flow of energy comes from abdomen, and lower body reacts. Whenever we dive into those thoughts, our Jing is already leaking and our body is getting ready for sex. Consequently, sexual thought itself can already cause symptoms of PMO.

An effective way to stop those thoughts is mantra chanting. As soon as you find those unclean thoughts emerge, you can immediately chant a mantra to extinguish them. You can use whatever mantra you find effective, but I suggest the tone of mantra be strong. The mantra can be as simple as simple as ‘Stop!’ or ‘Get Away!’, or maybe ‘Om’, ‘Lord Jesus’ or ‘Namo Amitabha’ if you have religion. Personally I extract those powerful words from the heart of Shurangama Mantra: ‘Phat Hum Trum Phat’ as my mantra.

Chanting mantra works because it shuts the steady flow of impure thoughts promptly. You are not suppressing thoughts but instead disturbing them. Chanting is better done within 1 second of the emergence of thoughts, the faster the better, otherwise the fire will start to burn more fiercely. Although you may feel embarrassed chanting on the street or in public places, I still suggest at least chanting with a little sound so you can hear it.

Mantra chanting not only help quenching sexual thoughts, but also other thoughts related to it. Cue reaction is an example. You may unconsciously react to sex-related stimuli due to addiction, as soon as you realise it, you can chant mantra to stop the reaction. Another cunning type of thoughts is persuasive thoughts, probably ‘Just one peek’, ‘One last time’, ‘You need some relief’ or ‘Why not test your sexual function’, these are even more dangerous than sexual thoughts! Don’t hesitate to chant mantra upon these thoughts, don’t give chance to the evil!

If you are practising some other mantra for quenching urges, or if you find other effective ways to extinguish impure thoughts, please also share with us:)

2 Likes

Om Namo Bhagavate Mahabale Parakramaya
Manobhilashitam Manastambh Kuru Kuru Swaha

This helped me to clean my mind. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Bro you’ve got many techniques! What’s the meaning of this mantra?

1 Like

This is also a lust busting mantra chanted by our Indian sages simce centuries.
Try copy and pasting this in google search bar
:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yeah i searched it, i only find this is a mantra for celibacy but cannot find its meaning…

1 Like

#7 - Stages of Nofap - The Strange Cycle

In Chinese Nofap forum, the concept of Strange Cycle (怪圈) is often discussed. This is like a swirl that traps many nofappers and many of them are struggling to break this cycle.

At the beginning of nofap journey, due to strong determination and motivation, nofappers may endure the strong urges in first few days. After these days of strong urges, they will come to ‘Resting of Lust Period’ (慾望休眠期), in this period nofappers experience little urges. This is because their Jing is very much depleted, the body needs to take some rest to restore Jing. At this stage self-control seems easy; many fresh nofappers in this period may think that abstaining from PMO is not that difficult, thus they may loosen their attention of self-control. But they will definitely regret when they enter the next stage.

After ‘Resting of Lust Period’, when the Jing has restored for some time, the lust will ‘wake up’ and this is called the ‘Peak of Relapse Period’ (破戒高峰期). During this stage nofappers will face waves of strong urges, impure thoughts come one after another. If the resistance of nofapper is not strong enough, they probably give in and relapse. To make sure not relapsing in this period, nofappers are advised to study nofap and engage in nofap forum continuously during the Resting Period so that their determination is strong enough, and are able to find ways to tackle urges. The method of chanting as discussed in previous post is also recommended, when facing waves of impure thoughts, chanting is an effective way to cut the flow of mind.

The duration of ‘Resting of Lust Period’ varies between nofappers, in average it lasts about 3 weeks. This is also true in my experience, urges are strongest during the 3rd-4th week of nofap. If you started your journey again after 1-2 relapses, this period would be shorter. After around 30 days, the ‘Peak of Relapse Period’ will fade away if you survive.

The Strange Cycle:
Determine to Abstain from PMO > Resting of Lust Period > Guadually Restoring Jing > Peak of Relapse Period > Period of Remorse
Many nofappers cannot break this cycle, and most of them relapse after 1 month of nofap. We need to equip ourself with techniques to prevent and tackle urges, and pay attention to our thoughts to break this cycle.

Do you find the above concept echoes your experience? The stages of nofap may be different from western interpretation, which includes flatline period. What’s your opinion about these interpretations? Or do you have other ideas about the nofap journey?

8 Likes