Sleeping Problems (Sleep Cycle Destroyed)

Greetings to the members of the nofap community,
It’s a long paragraph because I have explained in detail about the issue, I really need help in this.
My current streak is going well, I am reading the easy peasy hackbook, which is helping me a lot in order to continue my nofap journey forever. But I really stuck on something which I can’t change no matter what I do, I really need help,

One day I decided to study late at night one week before, I was studying the whole night till the morning and then I slept I was happy that I studied but I was very upset, the next day I woke up very late about 2 pm in the afternoon. I was stunned, the problem doesn’t start here, then I decided to go to bed early in order to ruin this routine or else I will get used to it.

I went to sleep at 11:45 pm. Remember I slept at 6 am in the morning and woke up at 2 pm in the afternoon. I went to sleep, I made my bed everything was ready already scheduled the detox that I will not use my phone while I am trying to sleep. I was lying in the bed 1 hour passed, 2 hours passed and then 3 hours passed. I wasn’t able to sleep, urges started to come. I fought but that time it was very strong. But I didn’t drop my weapons. I was able to defeat the urge by taking my dads phone and listening to music because my phone was locked and It’s not recommended though because you can easily access those websites which you want, but I just wanted to distract myself. 3 am I started to watch my favorite series and song etc. Then when the urges gone. I again left the phone and lay down on bed. I again slept at 6 am. And the next day I woke up at 4 pm evening.
My parents don’t wake me up because they think that I studied very hard let him rest. So, they never bother to wake me up.
But I sick of this routine, my whole day routine has been ruined.
Even now If I try to sleep early it will not work, because of boredom urges will be high and then I will end up sleeping at the same time. And now it’s 4 days I am doing like that if this continues it will become my habit.
:pensive::pensive:
I really wanna sleep early and Wake up early.
But I am not able to maintain a proper sleep cycle. And my studies my efficiency is affected due to it.

5_6332298746688176222_1

What in the world should I do now?
I really want myself to have a proper routine
I don’t want this routine :weary:
Please help me guys.
Will be grateful to you !

4 Likes
  1. Sleep and wake up at the same time everyday.
  2. Eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
  3. Do not watch any electronic devices 1 hour before bed time (at least till your routine is fixed).
  4. 1 hour before you sleep, only use yellow lighting, no white lights/tube lights- they decrease melatonin production (melatonin helps induce sleep, along with other functions).
  5. Put white music while you sleep
  6. When on bed LIE DOWN ONLY. Do NOT study/browse the internet/chat. That way your brain will associate beds with sleeping.
  7. Develop a night time routine that helps your brain wind down.
  8. No exercise 1 hour before sleep, do it earlier.
  9. If it persists, consult a doctor and discuss taking melatonin tablets.

Flame on

2 Likes

Thanks brother @debellator Will surely do it and tell you about it tommorow.
I am sure it will work and I will try my best to change my routine first and then get back to work with full power.

2 Likes

They are all great tips, I would like to add something to this, if you are still not able to sleep then instead drastically shifting your routine you can shift it slowly. See for proper physical and mental health around 8 hrs sleep is necessary, whenever you sleep keep an alarm for after 8 hrs, and also by slow shifting I mean instead of sleeping at 6 am sleep at 5:30 or 5 am them slowly decrease this time by half or 1 hour daily.

2 Likes

Of cource, it will require a lot of patience but I will try my best to gradually and slowly shift my sleeping routine.
I will fix it no matter what. In winter, it is generally said that day is short and the nights are long. But for me the day had ended today. I don’t know what to do. I woke up at 4 pm. Never in my life I would have slept until this late.
I woke up and for the first time my parents were worried. Is everything alright ?
They asked not to study for today, and chill throughout the day and fix your sleep cycle. Because they were very disappointed.
I must do it.
:fire::fire:

4 Likes

@rewire_user along with this take a bath around 30 to 40 mins before sleep… Your room should have good quality of air… temp below 24

3 Likes