I just made 23 days!
I had some pretty tough urges in the first week or so.
Since then, I have been in flatline for several weeks, although starting to feel my libido return. Woke up with some serious morning wood today…
What has got me through these first few days?
- Making a firm decision to stop p & m for good (I am married and once I feel ready, my wife and I will have sex).
- Being honest and telling friends and family about my struggle, no matter what the cost.
- Joining an online group for guys who are struggling to quit porn.
- Installing a porn blocker with built in accountability.
- Shooting for increasingly high badges on this app (I won’t lie, my ego loves the climb).
What am I going to do instead of wasting my life watching p?
- Work out (am using dumbells at home for now - attempting a 5 day split based on Mike Matthews’ “Bigger, Leaner, Stronger”)
- Hanging out with my adorable daughter (21 months old).
- Reminding myself how to play keyboard (am rusty, used to be good).
Please join me as I try and hit 1,000 days free of p&m. Have avoided o so far, but I’m not committing to a particular period of celibacy.
Take care and keep on pushing guys!