Raindrop's Journey

Yes Yes, this is great to see keep up the great mindset :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Thank you nagate. Your comments are always uplifting.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This means the world to me! I dont know youā€¦and you dont know meā€¦but I believe in you and that you can indeed win this battle. I wonā€™t give upā€¦letā€™s win this battle together!

3 Likes

Back at you Brother i am soo uplifted when i see people Being positive

We will! And I am not about to give up in this battle atleast!
#Beleive_to_achieve

1 Like

Day 177.

You knowā€¦ Iā€™ve noticed something lately.

One key attribute that Iā€™ve learned to do better is the ability to have laser focus and better work ethics and discipline.

Iā€™ve noticed more and more of just how well I can focus on things and actually finish it.

I guess by living a nofap life, Iā€™ve developed the patience and self-discipline to better tackle my other aspects of life.

Anyways just wanted share that simple realization today.

4 Likes

I want this fucking Lazer bro.
I am on day 24. How long do i have to wait ?

2 Likes

Did you ever edge during this period? If yes, how do you have that focus, I edged and I felt that I am back to Day 1 and I was full of guilt and regret. If no, what did you do when you used to feel like edging and extremely proud of you for not edging at all. :blush:

By edging what do you mean, did you go to the specific websites?

1 Like

**Question goes to you too Nagate, **

Edging basically means P and M but not O. You go to the edge and return.

Mostly videos, yes. I am just on Day 28, maybe thatā€™s why I get those urges and Iā€™m still bonded by the addiction. But last night when I tried surfing one of those websites, I started feeling guilty just in a minute or so and I stopped.

2 Likes

Thats a sign of strength and will there you had the will to break, the lust and retreated, i get still get huge urges as well but not as much as back in the days when you start training your mental willness it really pays of because i used to have none i couple years ago but with each day i build it and myself, its one of the reasons most guys fail here failing to understand that we really have let lust take control with out will.

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s all there is to NoFap. I have to remove lust from my system and if done right nofap helps in doing it. I donā€™t open those on a regular basis like in all these days I have surfed for max 3-4 time. But every time it feels like coming back to day 1.Iā€™ll abstain from opening such websites, thatā€™s where the problem lies.

2 Likes

Bro. Edging fucks up the Rewiring of Brain.
Avoid it completly.

3 Likes

Totally agree, edging takes your brain into that lusty mode and your purity of mind, clarity of mind goes for a toss, and the effect of edging too last long and deprives you from the concentration levels you might have experienced if no edging had been done

3 Likes

Yeah these days i feel like if i look at woman on instagram and they are fully clothed is like i am cheating

3 Likes

I did not edge at all. In past attempts I have and I think that is why I couldnā€™t make a full lifestyle change. But dont feel bad. Youā€™re trying your best with what you know and your current life experience. It is important however to reevaluate and prioritize when you do relapse.

What helped me personally is to realize the truth of how to obtain happiness. Far too many people prioritize pmo/sex to be this utmost form of joy and pleasure. They put it up on this pedestal and chase after it like itā€™s a need. The fact of the matter isā€¦its not a need. You can be perfectly happy and satisfied with life without PMO. Actuallyā€¦PMO will ruin your life. Having the freedom from it is one of the most liberating feelings.

Winning an award feels better than pmo. Getting a big raise at work feels better than PMO. Having a real life girlfriend who likes you feels better than PMO. Accomplishing/finishing a worthwhile project feels better than PMO. Literally almost anything that involves genuine personal growth and development feels better than PMO. PMO just makes you feel like a loser and leaves you feeling empty.

To answer your question though on how to control your urges in the momentā€¦this is what I do:

The key is in preparation for those moments.

1. Start your day right. Have clear goals(very important to write it down)about your life and where you want to be but talk in present tense. E.g I am living an abundant life full of health and fortune. I have full control over my body and its needs. Read this out loud, every single day and really mean it.
  2. Keep reminding yourself of both the consequences of pmo and the reward of doing nofap through out the day. Write it down. Maybe on your phone. Read it when you have an urge coming.
  3. Always have some sort of default go to activity. Maybe its to build up your business. Maybe itā€™s doing pushups. Maybe its singing a songā€¦or cleaning. My personal favorite is doing pushups. Do it till you exhaust your body out of any urges. (But donā€™t injure yourself!)
  4. Build productive habits that are simple and easy to do every day. For example, I started out doing just 30 pushups a day. After just a week I bumped it up to 70. Then 100 the next. Dont try to change your life around all at once. Do at least one productive activity every day. Once you get that habit going, build another oneā€¦etc etc.

Thatā€™s about it. These are the 4 actions that has helped me so far. Hope it helps!

4 Likes

Fortunately I do have a good morning routine, I wake up at 5 and then I head straight to the gym and I study after coming home, so Iā€™m set till 1 oā€™clock in the noon. I will start writing my version of all you have said, I used to think that this is completely stupid to write hypothetical things but now I realise that this helps a lot in creating a mindset and brush the dust from the major goals.

Thanks for all the help. I will reevaluate and prioritize whats important.

2 Likes

Instead of going to Gym which is indoors.
Go for Running Outside in open.
Gym can be done in evening.

This is one of the best things Iā€™ve ever read on this forum.

2 Likes

Time doesnā€™t allow right now, Iā€™ll do it after my june exams. I too want to add running outside in my workout, but i like lifting more than running so postponed it for now but soon.

2 Likes