Procastinating!

Guys I’m on day one again after relaspsing yesterday. I’m focusing on nofap and really I get many benefits from day 6 . But still im procastinating alot. And that’s one of the main reason that I relapse. I always think that today I study 8 hours but I ended up studying only 2-3 hours. I have so many chapters left to learn. Can you give some tips for not procastinating! And I believe the main reason behind my procastination Is pmo

2 Likes

Habits don’t change in a day.
Your habit (i guess) is to study for 2-3 hours daily. And you are deciding to jump directly to 8 hours. That is 99% not possible. It will also harm your dopamine and your health.

A good way would be to go step by step. Realise what your strengths are. If you are capable of studying max 3 hours. Decide a goal for studying 4 hours for first 3 days. And then 4 and half hours for next 4 days of a week.

When you, your dopamine and your body gets used to 4 and half hours and you feel confident about yourself, change the goal to 5 and half hours next week.

Achieve the little steps to finally get to a routine of 8 hours.

4 Likes

I’ll sure follow your tips!

2 Likes

Yep like @strongwillpower said, focus is like a muscle.
It’s not a muscle, but like one, in that the more you use it, the more you’ll be able to use it agin.
Try joining the next study challenge STUDY CHALLENGE (26th june to 5th July) ☀ ENTRIES CLOSED or something. After joining the first challenge, my focus limit went from 30 min to 2 hrs with 2 min breaks of multiple sessions throughout the day.
Also working hard gives you dopamine, but less. Hence when you fap and get dopamine overloads, you don’t feel like working hard, because that gives you less dopamine while you are working, but more only when you finsih your work or get results(but the human brain can’t prioritize on long term hehe)

4 Likes

When will it be held next time?

1 Like

Current challenge is for 10 days
When it gets over, next one should start in a couple of days.

Thank you @ash mat :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cool DM me if you want and I’ll try to send you a message when the next challenge begins

1 Like