Part 2 - The Mental Obsession Problem - Meet the liar

I started laughing when i was reading this
Because this is so damn true
We relapse with the intension of reducing the stress but the relapse doesnt reduce the stress it just for few seconds makes us feel that there is no stress

2 Likes

What u said was all true
Plus most of the time once we start we dont just stop with 1 pic
We will search more with the thought that i can see something more better without actually watching ■■■■ but atlast we end up with watching ■■■■
And also we put lots of effort just to find that one clip that can stimulate us

3 Likes

I have done that. I get currious. I just wonder… This had gotten me so many times.

1 Like

I know that is the crazyest thing ever. PMO leads to more guilt and stress when I wake up from it and see that I have done it again!!! I hate myself for being so weak. Well those emotions just build up until I need to LPMO again to feel good. I call this pure hell.

2 Likes

Its true that spirituality helps but the problem is many times we keep it as a side activity
Basically if i woke up late then i wouldnt go to temple to pray or anything else because since i woke up late i cant waste my time because i have to study or other work
Yeah i used to think spiritualuty is waste of time untill few weeks back when i dont knw how i just asked myself few questions

1. Okay u dont have time for spirituality and u need to study so dont do spiritualtiy
    But promise urself that u will not relapse
    Will study minimum of 6 to 7 hrs
    U wont waste more than 1 hr on youtube
    And everytime i broke my own promise

So thats when i spoke to myself while i waste tons of time while i have to be studying then how can i give studies as reason when it comes to spirituality

Infact spirituality helps me to remain calm atleast for sometime and that makes day better

So i realised how my brain manipulates me😅

1 Like

This is one of the things that i realised after a year of using blockers
While i was using blockers some how when the urges hit i would relapse very easily
And when i used blocker i used to feel like some 1 has restrained me
But then when i was just sitting doing nothing i again had a thought
Will restricting work for me??
Its basically when i used to use blocker somewhere i would easily give up
But now every time urges hit me there is no blocker to prevent me from watching but i myself tell i dont need it
Sure i was relapsing few times
But when i ised to succeed those few days it was because i decided to tell no to urges instead of being bound /restricted from watching it

Blockers never worked for me
But yeah it was one step to understanding how i want to improve my life

1 Like

Truely agree with this
And thats why we need to understand whats the true cause of our addictions and tell the urges that there is no need for me to watch ■■■■ or mastrubate

1 Like

A new update was just posted. This is the Part 4 about the solution: Part 4 - The Solution - 12 Steps of Recovery

It is really interesting how we try to manage this addiction. I will do this, and then that and I will get one more day and not fap. I have tried this for years and it works for some time but for good. My obsessive mind is stronger and really cleaver. When I think that manage or control my addiction then I end up finding out once more that I am really powerless over my addiction. This is actually part of step 1 of recovery to admit that I am powerless over my addiction and that my life has become unmanagable. You can find more about this in my descirption of Step 1 of the solution here: Part 4 - The Solution - 12 Steps of Recovery - #4 by 24hours24

1 Like

Very well written. Youve described a mental phenomena that all of us face when delaying gratification; and youve described it very well.

It seems like you know your thoughts well. You are well equipped to defeat this. Good luck my ffiend

@jmgjmgjmgjmgjmg642 - Thank you for the compliments. I have been battling this for a long time and I am really happy that I have been able to find something that works. Best of luck to you too.

2 Likes

how are you rn dude?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.