PaperBoat's journey [19 M]

I agree , But the thing is I was pretty much recovered and felt that I can pull this off. Also , I don’t do heavy exercises I only do few pushups, sit-ups, squats, etc. I am only a beginner right now XD
Thanks for the suggestion though, I will keep this in mind now.

3 Likes

Oh! Then it shouldn’t be a problem, but ya still best is to take a day off. But glad to know you have recovered much. :smile::+1::relieved:

2 Likes

2023-03-29T17:00:00Z

Day 3:-

:white_check_mark: Wake up at 7:30 am
:white_check_mark: Bath with cold water
:white_check_mark: Drink enough water
:white_check_mark: Nap < 20 mins
:white_check_mark: Affirmations
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: Prayer
:white_check_mark: Brush twice
:heavy_minus_sign: Exercise ( Rest day )
:white_check_mark: No Junk food
:white_check_mark: Eyedrop

Study hours : 1 hour

Not the best day, Felt so much negativity around my surroundings.
I had a fast today, that’s why couldn’t focus much on studies. Still somehow managed to complete tasks. I will go to bed early today.

6 Likes

2023-03-29T18:30:00Z

Day 4:-

:x: Wake up at 7:30 am ( 8:30 am )
:x: Drink enough water
:x: Nap < 20 mins ( 1 hour )
:x: Brush twice
:x: Exercise

Study hours : 1 hour

Today was a tough day. I got sick again, had cough, headache and pain in body. Feeling good now, but still there is weakness, might skip exercise tomorrow as well if needed.
The only good part is I don’t have any urges right now.

5 Likes

2023-03-31T18:30:00Z

Day 6:-

Didn’t post yesterday because I spent most of the time in overthinking and regretting but still somehow I can say that I have finally started studying. I have decided to keep my phone in separate room while studying and It’s working. I studied for around 4 hrs yesterday and 7-9 hrs today. Need these numbers to increase to 12 hrs as I am already late, but for now 7 is a good number for beginning.
I am around 3 months late as compared to my other batchmates but there is still enough hope. I will put everything into these next 7 months because they are going to change my life completely.
I won’t follow the schedule tomorrow as well, because I have a college exam ( distance graduation ). But still I will try to go for 7+ hrs of studying.

6 Likes

I relapsed just now, I saw this coming.
I was getting very high urges from the morning, Even exhausted myself through exercising but still failed again. I was already regretting badly because of not studying enough and now a relapse. I think I need few days for myself to figure out how I am supposed to do everything.

6 Likes

2023-04-11T18:30:00Z

Day 1:-

:x: Wake up at 7:30 am ( 8:30 am )
:white_check_mark: Drink enough water
:x: Nap < 20 mins
:white_check_mark: Brush twice
:x: Exercise

Study hours : 4 hours

Starting again after getting free from the chaser. I will try to post daily from now even if I mess up my whole schedule, Need to build that consistency in myself.

Sometimes I feel very lonely because I have to stay home all day in my room because of ongoing preparation. I have got great friends but all of us have the same condition, We don’t have enough time to meet due to classes and all. Anyways, November is getting close and now I have to boost up everything.

6 Likes

I feel completely helpless now. I just relapsed again.
3.5 months are already over and I have only 6.5 months left for my exams. I haven’t started preparing honestly, got lots of backlogs. My parents think I am attending classes regularly and doing good , what will happen if I fail to clear it. I have such a great opportunity in my life to change everything but I keep wasting time for short term pleasures. I don’t know where I am going.

6 Likes

Hey bro @PaperBoat break down your studies into small habits, your mind will always distract you. Even I dont use social media, but because I have a bad habit of checking my phone for notification, it always end up in a loop or say habit stacking where I check my phone for an email, from an email I move further to some random product available online then I start searching something random on quora or reddit. So in order to block that I use digital detox app, so when I am about to watch a lecture then even if my mind wants to check the phone it is helpess as I cant access it. So try a combination of both, make a small schedule say 30 mins deep focus on studies, with digital detox app set small achievable target. Take a short break after your complete your first 30 mins, then continue again with an excitement not for the sake of doing it. Also you can use your laptop to play some deep focus music in background if you feel more comfortable with it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/3rmWJAQ0Na4?feature=share

4 Likes

Bhai pta maine abhi kahin suna tha jang se pehle haar jeet kaise tay mat karo, 6 mahine pure dedication se biht ho sakta hai, aur jo jo useless apps hai unko htado, Jo crucial apps hai jinki zarurat hai par wo time waste bhi karate hain toh unpar lock lagadon ki family members se, aur zarurat par unse unlock krwa dena. Don’t forget to give test.

2 Likes

Bro, don’t get fixated on the result. Develop a system and follow it diligently. Forget about the outcome. It’s not like worrying about it is gonna make it any better. Your best bet is to do your part everyday.

As for the PMO stuff. That’s a whole different ball game. I can give you a lot of advice but when the cravings start, it’s just gonna be you. So all I’m gonna say is the next time you decide to give in to your urges, do yourself a favour by not watching Po®n. And don’t let the relapses hold you down. Just keep working on your priorities each day.

3 Likes

@CoffeeMan @LL667788 @BlackMagic123
Thank you so much guys for you advices. I am feeling a bit better now.
After I wrote that message, I went to re-examine my backlogs. I found that I can complete everything by july end. Normally the syllabus is of 6 months if one studies for 10hrs consistently. I will have to do it in 3.5 months. I will need to put some extra efforts and everything can be sorted.
I won’t do it for the results or exams now , I will only do it because it is going to make me tough.

I didn’t watch Po®n today, And I have decided that even if I relapse in next 6 months, I am not gonna use Po®n anymore. Doesn’t mean that I am free to masturbate, but just not gonna use Po®n if I did.

5 Likes

2023-04-17T18:30:00Z

It’s day 2 today, I need to fix my sleep cycle. I woke up on time today but took almost 2 naps of 45 min+ each. I just did some light exercise to feel active again.
I have decided to restrict my phone usage. So I am going off from RC as well till 30th april, because I have observed that I am substituting it with other social media. I want these last 2 weeks of april for myself. So that for next 6 months I can put my best in studies.
In these next 12 days , I will try to:-

• Fix my sleep schedule to 7 hrs, with one power nap (only if needed)
  • Exercise regularly
  • Meditate daily
  • Increase study hours to 12
7 Likes

This one thing is putting me into self doubt. Yesterday I had a conversation with one of my batchmate, We only had chats earlier because we are in online batch. Though I knew that this guy is really putting lot of efforts but yesterday when I talk to him on call, He told me about himself and how’s his preparation going on. He is doing extremely good and putting 13-14 hours a day into studies. And ofcourse his syllabus is going good.
And here I have such a huge backlogs plus I am not even able to put 10+ hrs daily. Only 6 months are left now and I am not sure if I am going right.

I really understand that I should not compare my preparation with others but still this thing is putting a negative impact on my mind.

7 Likes

Bro, too much self doubt. Start with small like 4-5 hours or 3-4 hours. Change that mentality that you have to study 12-14 hours everyday for a big difference. Small changes creates big differences.

6 Likes

Brother just do what you can and put your all into it :+1:

3 Likes

Hey bro @PaperBoat

Since he explained to you how he is preparing, you can pick the positive points from it and implement it real quick in your life, don’t wait for tomorrow. There is literally no need to compare yourself bro, just like Blackmagic mentioned change the mentality, there are people who can study for hrs without any problem maybe for them, it’s like everything they want, but that doesn’t mean you have to follow same, there are also people who study less but do well in exam. Now in no way I am saying that you should chill or forget about the exam but all I mean is take your time to set your pace first, if you really love or enjoy studying then it won’t be a challenge for you to go 12 hrs, but if you have not done that before you have to start slowly, don’t try to climb the mountain overnight. Stressing out yourself won’t help, try to link some fun activity with studies, say I’ll study for this number of hrs, once done I’ll do something that I love or enjoy say I’ll go out for an evening walk to enjoy the beauty of nature, or simply going to draw something or listen to some music. Once your mood is refreshed then you can study again, but if you force yourself to study 12 hrs chances are your mind will run away from it, and you might end up frustrating yourself. Don’t force yourself, bro. Lastly, I understand you are worried about the backlog it’s scaring you from inside, but bro you have to believe in yourself and keep your focus not on worries but on the studies. Don’t doubt yourself, make two columns, first column, name it as problems/hurdles - write down the things that are worrying you and second column, name it as possible solution - make a list what you can do to tackle the problem and start acting immediately to it. Don’t let overthinking stun you.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this brother @LL667788
I am not feeling sad anymore, I was just stressed so much because I wasn’t seeing myself studying at all.
I have decided I won’t think about the performance and results, and will just focus on the preparation for next 6 months. 6 months is a big period, Things will change completely.
I am seeing this as an opportunity now. At this moment I have an opportunity to go up from very bottom, I will have a story to motivate myself in future that how I came out of this situation. I can learn how to enjoy the process.
I won’t whine again anymore and will enjoy the process.

That’s so true, I actually fall into the second category, I have always got good results even though I study very less.
But not gonna do the same now, I will put actual efforts and feel this period.
On the backlogs part, I have complete plan for them. If I implement it correctly I will be able to complete syllabus with batch itself or maybe just a week later.

That’s such a good technique, I am definitely gonna do this.
Once again thank you so much for this guidance, I will definitely come back with positive post next week.

And thank you @BlackMagic123, I can say that I am on 3-4 hrs mark. Will definitely increase it gradually. And good luck to you as well for Neet.

5 Likes

I am sure you will do great bro, remember to enjoy it and don’t let it be a burden to you.

I know I have shared this before but I want to reiterate on this again, the middle part is where you will spend majority of the time with an awesome person that’s you. So stay calm and keep going bro. We are here from the beginning till the end but ya the gap in between, the path in between has to be completed by you take full ownership and accountability of it. :raised_hands::100:

5 Likes

Hello brother what are you pursuing for career? Seems to me that you’re in commerce

1 Like