On learning new languages

Hey,

I’m thinking about attempting to teach myself a new language, completely new and unfamiliar to me, this seems like an exciting activity I can devote some free time to.

The problem is I don’t know where to begin. Many of you guys have taught yourself an entirely new language from scratch. Where should I begin to go about it? Any advice would be welcome :grin::grin:

5 Likes

Hi, if you want to learn French, You can start with French essentials course from Learn French with alexa. It’s available on YouTube.

4 Likes

Okay bro, thank you for the input. I will definitely check it out. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve started learning german on Duolingo app. I had some lessons in high school so I did not started from zero, but never cared about it before because I focused on learning english as a foreign language first.
Duolingo app is usefull for daily practice. It has many languages, not only german.

Good luck learning something new!

3 Likes

I’m learning Japanese through Duolingo app. It’s fun.

3 Likes

I’ve been learning French as a subject for 5 years now.
Both Duolingo and learn French with Alexa are good sites.

4 Likes

I’ve been learning german for college opportunities for a while as well.
I started with an app called duolingo (very famous)

3 Likes

I came across an app called ANKI DROID. Its used for spaced repetition learning, v much useful for studies . So it will be also useful for learning vocabulary of the new language. You can find the tutorial about it on YouTube. Anki is available on all platforms & its free.

1 Like

I’ve been learning English by translating and reading books

1 Like

6 months are required to learn a language
lingbe app
is best to practice language with natives on call

1 Like