๐ŸŒ ๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—ฆ๐—–๐—œ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ: Trends in Relapse Timing (๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ด)

:high_brightness::high_brightness: ๐‡๐„๐˜ ๐‘๐„๐–๐ˆ๐‘๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐‘๐Ž๐’ (๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ):high_brightness::high_brightness:

๐ˆ ๐๐Ž๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐„๐ƒ ๐€ ๐“๐‘๐„๐๐ƒ. Maybe we can make a difference and level up +++๐Ÿ’ช by exposing it.

It appears that ๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ,๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ active accounts on Rewire*, get thisโ€ฆ
21,536 members are currently less than a 7-day streak (reached 5-6 days of abstinence), while just 1,881 have reached a week but not yet broken 10 days :spiral_calendar:

This is a ๐‚๐Ž๐๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐๐“ trend with users here.

Thatโ€™s 23,000+ out of 30,000 that are regularly unable to break a 1-week streak without PMO :chart_with_downwards_trend:

๐’๐Ž ๐‹๐„๐“โ€™๐’ ๐€๐ƒ๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐’๐’ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ in our group consciousness and work to conquer it. Weโ€™re here on this app to do so, so what do we have to lose? :chart_with_upwards_trend:

๐€ ๐Ÿ•- ๐ƒ๐€๐˜ ๐€๐•๐„๐‘๐€๐†๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Œ๐ˆ๐“ points to a weekly cycle with a few possible causesโ€ฆ :thinking:

1. We struggle during the weekends and relapse on Saturday or Sunday or on our weekly day(s) off.

2. There is a general hormonal cycle that peaks around a weekโ€™s time and we give in.

3. Our collective conscience has submitted to a belief that we cannot succeed and that one week is the limit of our average strength.

:muscle:๐‹๐„๐“ ๐”๐’ ๐๐„๐†๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐Ž ๐๐”๐’๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Œ๐ˆ๐“๐’ :muscle:

๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ โ€œ๐‘๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐โ€?
I have often been 1 of 21,000+ that stay stuck under a week and those are my thoughts :arrow_up:-- What are yours??
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต. :writing_hand:

๐†๐„๐“ ๐ˆ๐“ ๐ˆ๐ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐ƒ :brain:: ๐๐‘๐„๐€๐Š ๐Ÿ•, ๐“๐‡๐„๐ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ ๐ƒ๐€๐˜๐’+
Just begin by picturing in your mind and imagining yourselfโ€ฆ :milky_way:

1. Breaking the current mass average limits
  2. Setting a new personal streak & keep going
  3. Realizing you CAN do it and are stronger than you think
  4. Feeling the fulfillment of real progress
  5. All you will accomplish with time well spent
  6. Breaking the cycle leads to exponential growth and additional cycle-breaking

๐’๐„๐„ ๐๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐๐„๐‹๐Ž๐– ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐€ ๐“๐ˆ๐ ๐Ž๐ ๐‡๐Ž๐– ๐“๐Ž ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐“ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐„๐Œ๐๐Ž๐–๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐๐† ๐Ž๐”๐“๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐Š :sparkles:

My Sharing Code: 2b8vbe

*Is this a coincidence or does the app have a 30,000 capacity? I added them up one by one from the โ€œBadgesโ€ ranking button just now to ExActLy 30,000 :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Here are ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€ ๐—ง๐—ผ ๐——๐—ผ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜€๐—ฒโ€ฆ

Some of these might seem like you canโ€™t get yourself to do them or that they are too difficult or even too simpleโ€ฆ the thing is, you need to just do something. Anything!
The more you start doing simple things to take up your time and focus, you will begin training your brain to find fulfillment and amusement in other things besides the dopamine rush of PMO. And you have to start somewhere.

A little accountability helps also. Consider writing out 2 things to try and do each day for the next 8 days. Even if you TRY to do it, thatโ€™s a start!
:writing_hand: ๐—ฃ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€ ๐—”๐—ก๐—— ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ! :writing_hand:

4 Likes

Fascinating! I will try my best to power forward and break the average. My reason is almost always boredom, I checked my statistics and realized out of my 10 recorded relapses in the past two months, 6 of them have been on Sunday! This weekend Iโ€™m going to stay on my toes and not let PMO get the best of me.

1 Like

Great check-in :heavy_check_mark:
Boredom identified as the catalyst and a weekend day as the most vulnerable day. Calling these two things out and beginning to address them in thought and action already has you halfway to breaking the cycle! I like it, staying on those toes through Sundayโ€ฆ and breaking the average! :muscle:

2 Likes

Any new members or those that struggle to get and stay past 7 days are invited to check this out and chime in. We must prevail! :lion:

The Greatest Power is Perspective

Expand your perspective and change the way you see things and think. Then your behavior and life will shift and improve accordingly.
Read this account of a recovered โ– โ– โ– โ–  addict:

1 Like

This is a really great post. Interesting analysis!

2 Likes

Hey thanks @ncubeanelem, I appreciate that. Wishing it reached more people since it applies to thousands of people. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Found it interesting and motivated, thanks brother! We need more stuff like this
We can do it :fire:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.