Not every relapse is equally bad

One thing that helped me quite a lot and what I wanna improve and adopt even more is, that not every relapse is equally bad (even though all are bad).

For a long time, when I opened a ■■■■ page I thought that I already relapsed, my counter shows 0 so, then I could also just continue watching. Which typically led to a 2hr ■■■■ session. Because for the counter it doesn’t matter if I continue with one more clip or not.

The thing I wanna learn to do even more is to realize, that opening a ■■■■ page is a relapse. But watching 2hrs of ■■■■ is infinitely worse than opening, watching a few seconds and forcing myself to close it again. Sure, for a long term goal, I don’t wanna open any ■■■■ pages ever again. But to get there I have to learn to resist ■■■■ in every single stage and reduce my consumption as good as possible

Doing that, helps with many things. you can learn to resist, to fight it. Before, I lost the battle in the second I opened the page. Now, I have the possibility to fight even when I already relapsed. To help me with that, I changed my usage of the counter a bit. But no details on that because people are quite sensible about that topic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes