Nofap + Fasting

Yesterday, I decided to go on a fast for every 3 days while doing Nofap. Most of my life, I never had any Self-discipline. I want to cultivate this quality. I want to heal physically and mentally. So far I haven’t eaten since 11:50pm last night.

1 Like

Wow… That’s amazing… Fasting is one of the best ways to achieve self control. It has been a practice from ages of all pious people from all relegions… In fasting, u learn so much self control. It increases your will power so so much and reach very higher levels of self control in such a short time…
Best of luck mate… You should try 16/8 fasting when you eat in 8 hour window or 20/4 fasting in which u eat in 4 hours window in a 24 hour day.

Have a specific and practical time limit for fasting otherwise your body will reject fasting and go into panic mode if you do not eat for 3 days.
16 hour fast and 8 hour eating is good and 20/4 method is a little higher.
Are you going without food for 3 days?.That must require alot of courage and will power… Best of luck bro

1 Like

Thanks man. I was planning on just drinking water for the next 3 days. No food. I really want to change. Self-discipline and Willpower is what I strive to cultivate.

Nicholas/24/VA Beach

1 Like

Well… One of the best and long term way to fast is fast every day or every other day… Fast on day 1, 3, 5 and so on. You can fast like this for years or your entire life. The main objective of fasting is to develop willpower and self discipline. The best way is to make fasting a habit… You will fast for 3 days then what?. You will take a break for how long?. This is your choice but I would recommend that this method is less practical and more emotional.
You can fast everyday for 16 hours for 40 days… Or 90 days… Then you can continue or you can fast every other day. No eating and just drinking is only possible if you leave your responsibilities behind and go in a cave far away from this human civilization. How will you perform your daily activities while you fight the basic survival need to eat for 3 days?.

@Nick9… This your your life and you can only decide what to do… Your goal shows your willpower and desire to achieve self control and discipline… So instead of burning it all up in 3 days… Use it to make a permanent habit. Adopt fasting as a lifestyle. Fast everyday or every other day for 16 or 20 hours and make it a permanent habit. Don’t be like the rabbit… Slow and steady wins the long term race.

2 Likes

Your right! Thanks man. I got to slow & steady. And Yes, I do want to make this into a permanent habit. I was planning on doing it every 3 days then eat for 1 day and then starting over back over. I guess that a little too much. I’ll keep your advice in mind.

Nicholas/24/VA Beach

1 Like

Best of luck bro… Stay blessed… :+1:

1 Like

Fasting is not the right thing man instead of fasting eat healthy food
You are just making yourself more weaker by fasting 🤦🤷

Well, it depends what you want to achieve. I want to lose weight, so I am doing exercise (3 times per week), KETO and Fasting. Without Fasting I had dificulties to be in calories deficit as you have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Now I eat first time at 2 or 3 pm and then I stop eating around 9pm and it is amazing how can I achieve calories deficit and lose weight and in meantime gain some muscles through exercise.

1 Like

Fasting for too long makes body weak but fasting for 16 hours or 20 hours is absolutely beneficial for internal organs and for repairing of the gut despite the temporary weakness that goes away the moment we break our fast
Fasting is the most healthy thing anyone can do. It is no doubt supported by both the relegious scholars and the nutritionists and doctors. I saw many Ted talks about the benefits of fasting by doctors and nutritionists.

Human beings have fasted in past for 10 to 15 days when they were hunter gatherers and there was shortage of food.

Before last century, people didnt used to eat 3 to 5 times a day. Human body is designed to face starvation and best works in alternative periods of fasting and eating. Eating too much food has caused all the health related problems we Now face from obesity, heart Conditions to diabetes and high blood pressure.

So fasting is very very healthy but starvation makes us weak

Eating healthy and in controlled amount is awesome… But here fasting is done for both self control ( positive thing for controlling urges) and health benefits.
Prolonged fasting weakens body for a long time but normal fasting only causes temporary drop in energy and it goes away as soon as we eat. Human beings are strong enough to go without food for a number of days.