New reboot attempt

Trying out this app to see if i can habe another serious attempt to kick thos terrible habit. Been fighting this addiction fir almost a decade now, never getting to the magic 90 mark. Best runs have been a few 30 day streaks but been struggling to reach even a week of late
Fed up of all the lapses so its time for another serious attempt

5 Likes

All the best brother

1 Like

Thanks Sholt, best of luck to you as well

1 Like

Four days in and things are going well so far. Keeping busy with exercise, writing and meditation and resisting the urges at night. However, ive always found the first week of a serious reboot attempt pretty easy so the big challenges still lie ahead

2 Likes

Made it through the first week without any hitches. Feeling much better both physically and mentally as a result. Some minor urges the last few days but no major problems so far. Hopefully i can keep going after this promising start.

2 Likes

Continue buddy, don’t you ever stop. After a week, you will face stronger urges, your brain will try to make you think of relapsing. Here’s what I say to my brain if that happens:
Who do you think you are? You’re not the boss of me! I’m in control, Bow down to me!!!:zap::zap::fire:

2 Likes

Thanks for your support and advice. Yes, it’s that crucial 10-minute spell when an urge arrives that holds the key to this whole thing. Still going strong at the moment and hope it’s the same with you.

1 Like

Still going strong but the urges are definitely getting harder to resist. The sight of JLo’s backside in my newspaper today almost made me crack and the urgues resurfaced 3-4 times after that but i managed to get through. Proud that i did but this is only going to get tougher in the days ahead. Need to stay vigilant and focus on how much better i feel today having avoided a slip

Fell on the 12th day. Annoyed at my lack of fight after resisting the urges so well a day earlier. Reset to 0 and back on the horse for another attempt

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.