Need HELP I'm stuck

Hey there

I’m stuck in the loop where on every 5th or 4th day I relapse. I created a highest streak of
9 days last month and now I can’t even reach 6 days
Please HELP. It keeps getting worse

2 Likes

Brother it’s called chaser effect.
The lower your streak, it is somewhat more likely for you to relapse.

So what you should do is take drastic measures(eg. remove your phone sim card) for the first 10 days, after that relax a bit but don’t slip.

1 Like

I relapse mostly during the night coz it takes time for me to sleep I can’t sleep asap it takes hours for me to sleep.I stopped using phone, laptop
1 hour before going to bed but it’s still not helping

1 Like

Listen to music/meditate bro. Or even read kindle after putting it on airplane mode.
Else stay up and work(best). Only go to sleep when you feel sleepy.
Do you study in your bedroom @Advet10?

1 Like

Actually bro white noise/ soft music is better

1 Like

I do meditate, workout .I meditate without music

1 Like

I keeped myself busy for 4 days and it helped

1 Like

Last night I had a fantasy about a girl that’s the main reason I released I had an urge in the evening too but managed to overcome

@Adioz_aka_Adidas I meditate during the evening for
15min for last 2 months there is a change
I’m less angry and frustrated compared to before

1 Like

I was trying to sleep on my bed in my bedroom
Was not using my phone I was imagining for 15 or 20min

Yea she was a good friend of mine but we lost connection after school end
This fantasy pops in my head on 4th or 5th day

@Adioz_aka_Adidas imagining girlfriend

She was I’m not in contact with here
Idk what she thinks I haven’t see here since school that’s 4yrs I don’t even know if she remembers me

Let’s chat on WhatsApp: +2348147897854

Thanks a lot this is what I needed right now
Your words really slapped me I will read this during the night before sleep everyday or when having Urge thankyou so much

1 Like

Hi, I saw you are having problems. I did not write to the general chat and wanted to talk in person. To be honest, my situation is similar to yours, I often have problems for 3-5 days.
There is no unequivocal solution here, usually everyone told me how to deal with relapses and not why they occurred, but this is important.
It’s all about the work of our memory. Not everything that a person feels is remembered by him. In fact, he forgets most of the events and only the most vivid memory and how it all ended are deposited in long-term memory.
A simple example, a husband and wife lived well, the wife was happy, but at one point she caught her husband cheating and immediately filed for divorce. Why did her impression of another person change so dramatically? It’s just that now for her it has become the most vivid memory.
However, vivid memories are not always bad, and this is the reason for addictions. At the moment, a person may be very bad, but remembering how he once felt good during masturbation, he will return to this, even if everything only gets worse.
What do we have to do? Just at this moment, understand that since it will never happen before, and every time everything will only get worse. If I had understood this earlier, then I would not have so many problems now …
I hope I was able to help you. Let’s continue to communicate my Code 990qar WhatsApp +79162563302

1 Like