Need advice šŸ™ from you guys

Today i deleted youtube. Because i was wasting too much time on it. But now iam feeling a void! I now open whatsapp again and again to check new messages but there are not! Thatā€™s sensible also but i donā€™t know why iam feeling a void and tried listening music but itā€™s not helping! To mention i already do meditation in the morning but this thing happens in evening and night! So this is a void not letting me study also and disturbing me ! Leaving me unmotivated and dry! What can i do? Has anyone felt similar , if yes then how did/are you overcame/overcoming it?

4 Likes

My advice is regulate first and quit later

1 Like

I didnā€™t got what you are saying.
How can i regulate you tube?

1 Like

Same problem with me :confounded:

1 Like

You cannot beat an addiction by just doing away with it right away ( also not possible to do it).

So u have to regulate. How? So il share my example

Decided to join nofap in Octoberā€¦ Had a week streak but failed. In december went two weeks. But again failed. Now im on track. So I regulated fapping first
Same with youtube

2 Likes

It happens very often with me and I guess itā€™s some kind of anxiety. Your mind might be accustomed to the stimulus that you receive from videos, notification or messages. In a way almost automatic you open and close a lot of times apps or even wifi and web pages. I think the most effective way of starting to overcome it is by doing another healthy and pleasant thing that 'deceive your mind '. Reading, exercising, learning other things and even sleeping can help. You do not need all of these stimulus.

2 Likes

If you are using for 10 hoursā€¦ Reduce to 6ā€¦then 4 aand so on

2 Likes

I use a simple trickā€¦ Heres the catch. You open the app bcuz u need that dopamine hit. But u knw the hit is not gonna be a big one since uve been using YouTube or whatever for so long. So what I do is I decide not to open instagram or YouTube before 5 pm. So after 5 even if the YouTube videos are boring or I donā€™t get any messages on insta its okay, bcuz i resisted opening the apps whole day and my brain is just happy that i got to open the app

4 Likes

U reduce graduallyā€¦ If you cool a heated metal immediately it shattersā€¦ Same with addictions

2 Likes

Put applock on it :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Actually the problem is when i use YouTube. I just canā€™t stop! Its algorithm makes me watch more videos and itā€™s almost an addiction! When i sit to study , i study a few minutes and start youtube and waste hours on it. The regulation, you are saying itā€™s true but i think i need a detox now. A youtube detox! Thatā€™s why i deleted it. You have any suggestion regarding that?

3 Likes

Addictions canā€™t be just deleted in one day. Get rid of them slowly. The void that you are feeling is the withdrawal symptom.

Regulation method is right. One thing you can do with it decide your time. Schedule it.

Use youtube at your decided time only. Donā€™t mix studies with it. If you are using YouTube do it with full concentration on YouTube only. Fix your time. 30 mins or 1 hourā€¦ whatever you like. But once it is done. You have to control yourself.(remember this is the hardest partā€“controlling yourself. You have to do it. You donā€™t have any option. You have to do it. Otherwise whole motto os failed.) Get away from it. Wash your face. Get some air. Bring your brain back to normal (away from virtuality) and then sit for studying. Fix that time too. 1/2/3 hrs studying. Then reward yourself again with YouTube or anything better.

Day by day, decrease youtube time and increase study time and ā€˜get some air/brain back to normalā€™ time.

Then when you are used to this formula, after 1 or two weeks, decide one day of a week where you will be doing complete detox. No phone use at all. No need to study whole dayā€¦ but just no phone whole day. Practice this day every week.

Follow this and let me know afterwards

2 Likes

Theres a high chance you might install it again. Then you will watch long hours again and feel bad and delete againā€¦ So onā€¦ But if u keep it in the phone and use it lesser everyday. It will be easier and more successful

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.