Modes such as hard, monk etc

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I see modes such as hard, monk etc. What is the difference between the modes?

badlands

Basically there is 4 way you can do NoFap, every one of them has a pro and a contra side:

Easy Mode: when you shut out â– â– â– â– , and still masturbate and orgasm. â– â– â– â–  being a major problem is gone, your brain starts to rewire itself. This is the slowest process.

Standard mode: when you get rid of â– â– â– â–  and masturbation but you still oragsm. Usally people who have a partner or wife/husband they live active sexual life with choose this.

Hard mode: when you abstain from â– â– â– â– , masturbation and orgasm all together. This is the fastest way for your brain to heal itself (giving that you stay away from all the stimulation)

Monk mode: as far as i know its hard mode with some extras like stay away from social media and intensively mediate.

I think you have to decide which one is the best for your personal settings/ goals. There is a very good guide for â– â– â– â–  addiction/ recovery, you can download it from NoFap.com free.
One thing is certain: you have to actively participate at your own recovery. Don’t wait for miracles or super powers. Make them happen/ gain them with new habits/hobbies. Hope this helped. May you have success in the days to come :raised_hand::fist::+1:

9 Likes

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer and the right path! It was an enlightening for me

1 Like

That’s pretty much right on the mark, that answer, and a useful reference.

I have also seen what you call “standard mode” being referred to as “soft mode” around these parts, but that’s a somewhat confusing term as it may be taken to mean the same thing as “easy mode” as well.

1 Like

Well I’m doing the standard mode (NO PM) and trust me its not easy haha :grinning: all jokes aside i really think you have to experience which one is working for you. And as i said there’s a pro and a contra side to everyone of them.
I can only speak about the standard mode from experience: in that case the pro is that you can live active sexual life with a partner, but you have to fight the chaser effect (an intense sexual hunger after an orgasm) and the rebooting is slower.
Different strokes for different folks i guess.

1 Like