Masterofemotions diary:From darkness to light

I decided to start my diary and note down my experiences on nofap.
Although I don’t intend to write on a daily basis, I will be updating this often.
I also felt it was necessary as I needed a space to vent out my feelings and also share my thoughts on a regular basis regarding self development and nofap.
Onwards.

7 Likes

So today i remember was the day last year when i tried to propose to my crush and failed :slightly_frowning_face: altough it is now a distant memory I still think about the person I was a year ago.
During that time I thought to myself as to why I get this crazy impulses to do things that I later regret.I then went deep and found out that it was my addiction to pmo that was fucking my life.(After crying of course).As it is the case with any problem, it is essential to find the root cause and not bullshit with what you think is the problem.I thus found out about nofap and so have been on this journey and hope to complete 90 days and beyond.

4 Likes

Today’s update(Day 5)
Feel way better than yesterday where I really felt low and was on the brink of a relapse but I controlled as I can not keep digging this hole that is taking me away from my dreams or opportunities.I started some new skills but the quartaine period has had its effects on me and I relapsed several times.
I look towards the future with hope.
Onwards.

3 Likes

Today’s Update:(7days)
I had this very low period where I did not want to do anything and was not able to get any work done and I really feel frustrated which so much work on my hands.
If you guys have any suggestions please do let me know.
Onwards.

2 Likes

Day 8
Yes finally completed 1 week and a day
Took me over 2 months to come till here and yes I am excited but at the same time am not able to get any work done and it sucks :pensive:, It is one of the worst flatline phases for me and quite early compared to last time.

3 Likes

The reason why I named the username of mine as masterofemotions was because I wanted to master those feelings and emotions which often get the better of us in the moment and we later regret it.
For example it may be the emotion of the urge to fap or even the emotion of anger and we often say to ourselves mentally," I lost control of myself", and thus it is important to have control over those emotions.

3 Likes

@Adioz Do not worry about relapse you are a inspiration to me by starting this challenge of 30 days :smiley:

3 Likes

Day 9
Weird mood swings today in the start was feeling energetic and now low.
Atleast not like yesterday where I was on complete low.
“It doesn’t matter where you begin it matters where you end.”

3 Likes

Day 10
The past memories of those times often come back and the thought of that broken try to get her irritated me and I tried to fight it when I realised that there is no point fighting it and I focused on my work.
For any of you who feel broken,lost because of a relationship/break-up, I would suggest to focus on making your future and ignore that thought by increasing the workload.
I’m not a pro at it but am trying.
Onwards.

3 Likes

Woah, Time flies and right now I am day 11 and I am getting urges but it has less effect than on day 1 which helps but the main reason was I don’t want to go to that shitty lifestyle of fapping which is draining your energy.
Keep going forward guys, it is must.

3 Likes

True, I agree with what you say.
How is your journey going? @Adioz

3 Likes

Day 12
I read the thread written by Neo’s Diary and @HappySoul had made a comment regarding making a journal which I think is useful and have been implementing it.I have tried a typing diary but it never really worked for me.
It is sad to see many of the people who started the challenges which I am a part of fail and it really becomes like a loop(relapse cycle),if any of them are reading this please know that I have failed for over 1 year and my highest streak has only been 23 days,the most important thing is I have not given up.
I will share some strategies along the way as I improve myself.
Onwards.

3 Likes

#STRATEGY 1
The staircase method for Nofap and self-improvement(adopted strategy)
The main points:
1.Draw 15 days or around that many number of steps(for example 15 steps) on a chart paper or A-4 sheet (chart paper is more preferred I will explain later)
2. As you complete each day just keep moving up the stairs(by drawing stick figures) and that’s it(now in the starting days say until 30-45 days it helps keep momentum),and also draw a stick figure crying
Here is the pic of the one I use currently(please forgive my drawings)(This my first pic I have uploaded)

(#My personal view)So chart is more preferred because you can easily draw the steps and you do not get overwhelmed like it may happen in a a-4 sheet.You can add number of hours in studies or work below the stairs.

4 Likes

Dealing with urges on nofap
The hardest part of nofap is fighting the urge,you are not doing nofap to not fap(you do that anyways for almost 22-23 hours a day), you are starting nofap to fight the urge to do pmo
Let me repeat, you are not starting nofap to not fap you are starting it to fight the urge
So this is just the beginning of few more strategies that come under this,as this is the only real thing required for Nofap.

2 Likes

I relapsed,it sucked.
Although we know we are not supposed to do it,it happened.The issue with my relapse was a connection that was reconnected in my mind(via a pic,which btw was unintentional),I was just 9-10 days away from my longest streak.
But now I will completing avoid the situation and come back stronger.

3 Likes

My longest streak was earlier 7 days (yes it’s not a big streak but for the first time in my life I pushed myself from 2 times a day to 1 time a week) and In those Days I did one thing I used to fight with my urges like if I am in a battle… Whenever I get an urge to fap I pick up the dumbells , use earphones to listen motivational songs and so supersets ( without any break ) of straight 20 min dumbells workout and In the process I use up my Energy which is urged in the body… I saw myself in the mirror once when I was doing workout and I felt really good… It’s like the only battle which you can win anytime anywhere and every time and Yes I also Use meditation and spirituality to overcome this
Current streak :- 9 days by using the above tools
If you want to try this and you don’t have pair of dumbells then do Clapping push ups and Diamond push ups ( you can search it on yt lekin bhai restricted mode on karke search karna warna relapse ka chances badh jaayega

2 Likes

An important message to share with all my brothers and sisters relapsing.
Know for sure that the only way you are going to succeed on nofap or in life is by taking action and there is no use in just knowledge about techniques,tips tricks on nofap.
Extracted from my message on the community tab.

3 Likes

I know this may sound redundant but we forget this and relapse.

3 Likes

Around 5 days of nofap
Was not commenting until I reached here but I am now going forward :blush:.

2 Likes

Day 6
Yes for an addict who had trouble reaching 5 days, 6 days is pretty good.
I relapsed 4 times on 23 days and otherwise my highest streak was 13 days recently.
Otherwise it has been around 5-6 days since last year.
Need your guys support to push through.
Onwards.

2 Likes