[M28] KarmaYogi's Journey

Today I have completed 30 days of Nofap. Though this is not my longest streak but this is certainly the cleanest streak so far. I haven’t peeked and haven’t entertained any lustful thought even for a moment.

I believe this is the right time for me to take the next step. Now I need to perform certain actions everyday and work hard to achieve the things I always wanted.

I am 28 already and there’s a huge pressure for marriage. But I want my best version to marry. Hence I want to take my time, not just complete my reboot but also achieve the things which I define as success. I am preparing this diary to announce my targets, track my daily progress and be accountable to fellow warriors here.

My short term goal:
I always wanted to be at top of my industry. Being an software professional I have figured out certain key things that I need to do before the end of the year:

1. Prepare for webMethods interview
    This is one of the software tools used in e-commerce domain. I need to be an expert in this tool to command a really great salary.
    Hours Required : (2 weeks , daily 2 hours)

2. Prepare to become a teacher of webMethods
    As they say a single source of income is just next to unemployability. Hence I have a planned to teach the same software tool to freshers entering the industry. This will not only help me raise some money but also help in my interview preparation.
    Hour required : (4 weeks , daily 2 hours)

3. Complete the Cloud computing course
    Cloud computing is the next big thing in IT sector. Gaining these skill early in career can go a long way. I had enrolled in a very expensive online course. I have been doing well so far but now I want to be a topper in this course. Hence I would be studying hard daily to really excel and be at the top of my industry.
    Hours Required : 2-3 hours daily till January

4. AI/ML course completion
    This is not on priority but definitely good to have. If I can get even an hour everyday it would be great.

Apart from studies, I need to have a sound health and sound mind. Over the course of nofap I have inculcated certain good habits. I need to make sure that I am not losing any of those habits.

1. Shambhavi Kriya
    I learnt was Shambhavi Kriya from Isha Foundation. I have been practicing this almost daily. Now I need to make sure that I don’t miss any day going forward.

2. Sudarshan Kriya
    I learnt Sudarashan Kriya from Art of Living foundation. I need to make sure I do this daily as well. It gives a burst of energy and keeps me active throughout.

3. Work out
    A certain amount of physical exercise is very crucial. I have observed in absence of this laziness kicks in and destroys the entire day. So I need to do something everyday be it walking or 15-20 minutes of exercise but I need to perspire everyday.

4. 10 minutes of Balayam daily
    The simple exercise for hairs.

5. Reading Geeta or any other book everyday
    Have bought this book. Will be reading few pages daily:
    https://www.amazon.in/Living-Gita-Complete-Bhagavad-Commentary-ebook/dp/B00G4GK20W

So including everything my daily routine should look something like this everyday:

1. wake up by 4:00 AM
  2. Affirmations
  3. Oil Pulling
  4. Study 2 hours in the morning
  5. Cold Shower
  6. Complete Shambhavi Kriya, Sudarshan Kriya and Shirshashan
  7. Complete office assignemnts till 5
  8. Quick Workout for 15-20 minutes
  9. Worship (chanting Gayatri Mantras)
  10. Reading Gita
  11. Balayam
  12. Have dinner before 7:30 PM
  13. study again for 2 hours
  14. Reflect on the day
  15. Sleep by 10:30
  16. Drink 3+ litres of water

This list looks overwhelming but I am determined to implement this every single day from right now. The only way to implement it religiously is to enjoy this process and not to take this as a burden. I need to stay happy and blissful and remind myself that this pain is going to help a lot in long run.

I am certain that with the tremendous blessing of Krishna :slight_smile: and my gurus :pray: I will be able to undo my bad karma and perform some really great karma which will change my destiny in several ways and clear the path to Mukti :pray:

Concluding with this great Sanskrit Shloka:

प्रारभ्यते न खलु विघ्नभयेन नीचैः ।
प्रारभ्य विघ्नविकृता विरमन्ति मध्याः ।
विघ्नैः पुनः पुनरति प्रतिहन्यमानाः ।
प्रारभ्य चोत्तमजना न परित्यजन्ति ॥

Most people never start any work being apprehensive of hindrances; the mediocre ones, commence work but abandon it on encountering difficulties. But the superior people notwithstanding repeated hindrances, never give it up.

:cherry_blossom: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare :cherry_blossom:
:pray: :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Hope you stand in the line of उत्तमजनाः

All the best brother…

3 Likes

That’s looks really good on paper .Hope you will convert this into actions all the best brother.
I am on day 117. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks fellow Yogi, yes I will walk the talk this time !!

Hare Krishna :slight_smile: :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks @JumpingBuddha

Please keep writing your diary… Satsang (a good company) is very important for an individual’s growth. You and few others like you have really uplifted the quality of this platform.

Keep Going . Wish you everything, you wish in life :slight_smile:

Hare Krishna :slight_smile: :pray:

3 Likes

Woke up at 6 AM.
Had raw food as break fast.
Walked 3 miles, went to bank. Today at bank I saw a lot of new joinees banker mostly ladies.
Felt infatuated, instantly controlled myself.
Ordered Gita on kindle, read the first chapter about the despondency of Arjuna.
Went out to talk to my friends and neighbors.
Did Shambhavi, Sudarshan Kriya. Couldt worship as I got late.

Good day overall but can be lot better.

Hare Krishna :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks for the Sloka…
And Best of luck Brother :grinning:

4 Likes

Woke up at 5:50 AM

Did Shambhavi Kriya, Studied for 5 hours
went to dentist.
in evening went for a walk.
Studied Gita …

There is a lot of scope for improvement in my day. Tomorrow will be better

Read this shloka today:
बुद्धियुक्तो जहातीह उभे सुकृतदुष्कृते
तस्मात् योगाय युज्यस्व योगः कर्मसु कौशलम्

Endowed with spiritual wisdom (evenness of mind), one can get rid of both good and evil deeds in this very life. Therefore, devote yourself to Yoga for Yoga is the skill in action.

In case you guys have observed, the Logo of IAS (Indian Administrative Services) contains the last phrase of this shloka:
योगः कर्मसु कौशलम्
which means Yoga is perfectly skilled action or behavior

:cherry_blossom: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare :sunflower:

6 Likes

Dear Diary,

Today I was too overwhelmed with work. from office assignments to pending online course work. I couldn’t find enough time for the pranayam and meditation. I know its a pretty bad excuse.
Therefore from tomorrow I will getting up early in order to make sure I dont missout on yoga, pranayam and meditation.
Today I added couple of tasks to take better care of my hairs. hence I added below tasks in my list. These tasks dont take more than 15 minutes and can be done in parallel with other tasks

1. Drinking Amla and Aloe vera juice
  2. Detumescene Therapy (basically a head massage)

:white_check_mark:oil pulling
:white_check_mark: Drinking amla juice and aloe vera juice
:white_check_mark: Detumescene therapy
:white_check_mark: study 4 hours
:white_check_mark: No Social media
Most importantly
:white_check_mark: staying super happy and blissful
:white_check_mark: Enjoying the process. not taking Nofap, my office work or my studies as a burden… rather trying to enjoying the process as much as I can

Today I came across two brilliant ideas… The ideas related to the fact that our body has finite amount of time on earth

1. Live everyday as if this is the last day on earth… ask yourself several times a day … Am i living as if today is the last day of my life.

2. Talk to someone as if you are talking for the last time. Make that conversation engaging and memorable for both of you…Let your words make someone’s day !! :slight_smile:

Thanks Krishna for this wonderful day…
I sometimes feel I am too busy on certain days… but then I realize its so much lucky to be busy … its so much fortunate to be loaded with work… when people are losing jobs left, right and center amid the pandemic…
Thanks Yogiraj Krishna I cant express my gratitude in words.

:rose: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare :rose: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No Shloka for the day…?

Its fine… :grinning:

1 Like

I wish you all the best. Become the best version of yourself and give your partner a gift. let her feel that she is lucky to have you in her life.
I have recently completed my 30 days streak . Although I would not say it was completely pure,as I had edged over sometimes
So for the next 30 days I will try monk mode

2 Likes

Thanks @Roads_to_purity,

Please dont edge at all… rather dont even think of anything that can lead to relapse… live as if you never fapped in your life… as if you dont even know these word P**, M** etc.

I wish you complete your reboot and become an inspiration for a lot of people on this forum

7 Likes

I want to join guys
Gotta love all the vedic wisdom that flows here
Is there any specific spot you meet?

1 Like

This will be great journey for you brother…

You will win it

2 Likes

Congratulations for your 30-day success!

Your daily routine is very good :+1:

Keep doing!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @Aragorn… I was glad to see your highest streak…
Wish you even higher streak this time.

Take care !!

2 Likes

Thanks @FlowForCourage hope you are doing great in your no rewire journey

haha… too busy to write. will share tonight before sleep.

Glad to know few people are so closely following my diary.

2 Likes

Great diary Brother, just after reading your first post in this diary Iam feeling empowered. Keep going and enjoy this process of conquering your life. Do your daily routine everyday without fail. We are with you man. This time we’ll win, Iam 100% sure.

1 Like

Thanks @Tagore . you too keep writing your diary
and yeah we will win …definitely

3 Likes