[M28] Buddha's journey to liberation

waking up before 6am is still a dream for me. From last two weeks, I’m not following any routine in my life. waking at around 8… sometimes 9
I can see you have very nice consistency bro. How do you do that?

2 Likes

I am still sometimes late past 6 am, due to late sleeping, sometimes.

I think sleeping early and not using electronic devices (bad impact of blue light from mobile sceens) may help.

One can consider scheduling the timetable up. Eg. If you have dinner at 9:00pm, try having it at 8:00 pm maybe and so on…Try to go to bed same time daily as per your sleep cycle and waking time.
Hope it helps.

All the best.

Ps: sometimes we are just acting like sleeping. If we are on senses and awake, we must get rid of the bed. Having plan of the day ahead may help not being lazy.

5 Likes

2021-01-22T17:05:00Z

Woke up at around 6:19

Contd. Book

Morning workout- 2 km running, full body workout, Hindu pushups, regular pushups, burpees, lunges, regular and single leg squats

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, mahamudra, ashwini mudra, bhramari, Shirshasan

Newspapers
Breakfast

Study/Work

Vegetable shopping
Lunch

Rest, some YT videos

Study/work
YT lecture

Dinner

Will sleep after reading the book(contd.)

6 Likes

2021-01-23T16:38:00Z

Woke up at around 5:55

Contd. Book

Morning workout- 3 km running, 1 km walk

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, mahamudra, bhramari

Newspapers
Breakfast

Study/Work

Lunch

Rest
YT videos

Ordered some food from outside
Early dinner

Study/work
Break

Will sleep after reading the book(contd.)

6 Likes

2021-01-24T16:06:00Z

Woke up at 6:58
Had a nice dream, [where I landed in a land full of fruit laden trees. Several kinds of fruits. And there were many others who landed there.
Seeing the fruits all of them jumped over to snatch the fruits to get as many as they could.
Watching this I stopped them with firm voice and told them not to act like animals- be calm and approach easy, don’t do hurry. You could get uneven fruits and even hurt the trees.
And they followed my suggestion, and we all enjoyed tasty fruits. I was helping a fellow guy plucking fruits and eyes opened…]

Feeling refreshed

Morning workout- break
Cleaning

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahabandh, mahamudra, shirshasan

Meditation

Newspapers
Breakfast

House chores
Cooking

Rewire app

Lunch

Contd. Book
Nap
Cont. Book

Some YT videos

Dinner

Good night

8 Likes

You may don’t know but you have became an inspiration for so many of us here

4 Likes

Dear @PaperBoat ,

That’s too generous to say so.
I am just like you and other companions- trying to improve and striving to explore the best within.

Hope you are doing great. :pray:

Best regards
JumpingBuddha

4 Likes

I read your whole journal today… I really like your view about life and I felt something different reading your journal

You don’t care about nofap, you only care about self improvement and in a balanced way… and I think when someone cares too much about something,we may trip off. Great to read such a wonderfull yet different journal. Your insights are so wonderfull. I could keep on reading without getting bored for the whole day. Your knowledge about puranas and all those books also seems to be awesome. I am someone who haven’t really read a lot of such books but now I think I could learn and understand so much from such books.

One and Only thing I wanted to ask you is about your sleep ?
Are you sleeping atleast 6-7hrs a day?
Isn’t it necessary to sustain a health and good mind and body!!

I read about you waking at 3/4 am in the morning , if you slept early then its ok!!
Am just asking to know how are you dealing with it :blush:

Any how You made my day brother… :smiley:
Thank you

6 Likes

@JumpingBuddha awesome !! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

Hi dear @RandomGuyWithAGoal ,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Initially I used to be very harsh, so that I get into the habit (or say, self discipline).
I think the amount of sleep in duration is not that important compared to the rest needed for the body. Some may get the rest in 8 hrs and some may even in 3-4 hours.
I used to get to sleep Early and leave the bed as soon as I am on my senses, no matter what time it was. Getting early helped me alot to reduce nocturnal emissions.

I think sometime we have to be hard on ourselves. Once we get into self discipline it becomes easy to digest the harshness and our brain stop craving for instant pleasure.

It is ofcourse very important. But it is subjective and vary from person to person as I already mentioned.
I think it’s important to listen to your body and mind.
Having said that, I also experienced the need of sleep for rejuvenation and rest reduced with increased practice of yoga and meditation.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

Ps. Thanks again for your time and genuine appreciation. You too are awesome!!

6 Likes

2021-01-25T16:53:00Z

Woke up at 6:58, slept late last night.

Today’s my sister’s birthday, so called her and wished her.

No Morning workout
Cleaning

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahabandh, mahamudra, shirshasan

Newspapers

Study

Lunch

Rest, YT videos

Study/work

Evening walk
Snacks
Rest

Will sleep after some study/work

4 Likes

Very well, Nice to know about that…:blush:

2 Likes

This day stands out in the history of India. Today symbolises the foundation of people’s fight and right to govern themselves.

The concept of self-governance was formed on the bedrock of Purna Swaraj, i.e. complete self-rule and nothing less (We adopted our sovereign constitution on 26 January, 1950 to honour the day of 26 January, 1929, when INC declared Purna Swaraj as the only goal).

This profound concept was a result of elevated emotions, strong desire, self-committment, and not to mention the great sacrifice to flush out the external forces and establish a responsible and accountable rule of the people, by the people and for the people.

This great occasion must put our minds to ponder over the thought process, attitude and commitment of those, fighting for complete freedom.
Having said that we must not forget about the freedom of our own mind from the chains of external forces like carnal desires and temporary ****** pleasure.

Can we contribute to the great cause started by the freedom fighters to attain complete freedom in real sense? Can we claim the full freedom of our own mind?

We all are today’s freedom fighters in a way. Let’s move forward and claim the Poorna Swaraj- complete self-rule of our mind, body and soul.

स्वराज हमारा जन्मसिद्ध अधिकार है और हम उसे लेकर रहेंगे.
(Self-rule is our birthright and we shall take it)
-लोकमान्य बाल गंगाधर तिलक (Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak)

8 Likes

Great words bro. You are a true inspiration to this community. Keep going like this

Today lets take the first step to self-rule. Everyone reading this, do something to get your life together.
Maybe, clean your room, make a plan for this year, get out of comfort zone in some way.
Once again thanks for this wonderful post Brother. :+1::+1:

6 Likes

2021-01-26T16:28:00Z

Woke up at 6:10

Contd. Book(The intelligent investor)
Cleaning

Morning workout- Surya namaskar, Hindu pushups, regular, diamond and spider man pushups, squats, skipping 200

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, mahamudra, bhramari, shirshasan

Breakfast
Newspapers

Study/work

Lunch
Rest, YT videos

Study/work
Nap
Study/work
Break

Evening walk
Snacks
Some YT videos

Will sleep after some Study

Peace

3 Likes

Great words!
Situations are not good rn tho. Hope this issue will resolve soon.:pensive:

3 Likes

2021-01-27T17:03:00Z

Woke up at 6:34

Cleaning

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahabandha, mahamudra, shirshasan

Newspapers
Breakfast

Studied 3 recent farmers acts

Lunch
Rest, YT videos

Study/work
Read the book by friend (Jeevan ki Rah)

Break

Evening walk
Dinner

6 Likes

2021-01-28T16:03:00Z

Woke up at 6:35

Cleaning

Morning workout- 4 km running, 1 km walk

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahabandha, mahamudra, Bhramari shirshasan

Newspapers
Breakfast

Study

Lunch
Rest, YT videos

Study/work
Break

Completed the book (Jeevan ki Rah)

Dinner
Watched a good movie

Going to sleep now.

7 Likes

2021-01-29T15:29:00Z

Woke up at 4:30

Cleaning

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, mahamudra, Bhramari, shirshasan

Newspapers
Breakfast

Study/work
Break
Study/work

Light Lunch
Rest

Study/work
Break

Dinner
YT videos

5 Likes

2021-01-30T16:47:00Z

Woke up at 4:59

Cleaning

Morning workout- Surya namaskar, regular and hindu pushups, planks, squats, skipping 200

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, mahamudra, shirshasan

Newspapers
Breakfast

Study/work

Lunch
Rest, YT videos

Study/work
Nap
Study/work

Evening walk

Dinner
YT videos

Talk with mom and sister

Not getting good sleep at night?
Pick a book and start reading. Lets see if you can finish it!
Have tasks which you have postponed for a while?
It’s right time to pick them up. Lets see how many of them you can finish!
Feeling bored?
How about a long night walk around your place? Maybe you don’t know better, the place you live!
Or maybe a trip to your inner world-meditation!

I think a hard-working (physical or mental) tired person can get a good sleep. So be tired before you reach your bed.

Have a calm, pleasant and relaxing sleep for better tomorrow.

Good night.

7 Likes