Lets Find All Sources Of Triggers...🤔

Hey, warriors i think we should share to each other the sources which can generate an urge. We should share them from our experiences. It will help all of us in our journey to monk mode.:lion::fire:

3 Likes

Youtube
Instagram
Facebook
Deleted them all😔

4 Likes

I deleted all the social media apps and set password on chrome and YouTube & then wrote the password in one of the registers from approax hundred of them which are kept in locked storeroom…:neutral_face::slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

YouTube & Insta is one of the main source of urges…

1 Like
  1. Quora
  2. 9 Gag
  3. Urban dictionary
  4. Fucking Google Images
  5. Frustration while study, taking a test [My biggest demon yet]
  6. Loneliness
3 Likes

There’s only one reason: Fantasizing

4 Likes

Easier and safer would be to get a family member or friend to set a password for you and to make them unlock it whenever you need. :smile::smile:

3 Likes

Being alone
Fantasizing
Youtube
Instagram
Sexual Game characters

4 Likes

Flashbacks,
Encouraging friends,
Tv

4 Likes

Stay away from arousing partner. Its a big trap.

3 Likes

Read deep work by cal newport. He suggest to make mind focused we should use internet for limited time in a day.

2 Likes

Staying alone
No plan for the day (try to begin with small deals )
No water
No shower
Junckfood
Sleeping later than 10 pm
I hope for all of us to have the beast mood

images (36)

3 Likes

Had to remove tiktok. Was a huge problem but when I deleted it, I had a much better time adapting.

2 Likes

Main sources of my relapses:

Stress
Boredom
Feeling aimless or without a purpose
Fear of something unpleasant happening to me (especially linked to making decisions),
Loneliness
Low self esteem and self pity

It was always one of these triggering me.

Secondary sources of a relapse came after that. Sure, they made me relapse in the end, but on a good day they wouldn’t have so I can’t really blame these. Also, they are literally everywhere depending on how deep I was still affected by my addiction.
For example if I had a rough day and felt some anxiety because I was worried the next day would be the same, sure, an arousing scene in a movie could trigger me, but sometimes I just opened WhatsApp out of boredom, found someone I once had contact with and checked their profile pic and that was enough to get my mind going. And I’m not talking of a profile pic that was somehow sexual. It could be just a nice face.
Once I was triggered, I always found something that got me going, and since I didn’t want to cut myself off all social media and the web, I focused on the primary problems.
But then again, sure, it helped minimizing the amount I was confronted with media and stuff

5 Likes