Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Check-in
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Affirmations
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Meditation
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Mission Task

Other tasks
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Morning routine
:white_check_mark: 2/6 Eat 1500+ calories
:white_check_mark: Bed by 1am, wake by 10am.

One of the many quotes I saved from hourly quote notification from app: Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable
-Elliott Hulse

3 Likes

yeah you can…you aint late

1 Like

hey could you share the name of this app ?

1 Like

Week 1 [FRIDAY]

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Check-in
:x: 1/6 Mission Task-Study 4 hours

Other tasks
:white_check_mark: Physical Workout
:white_check_mark: Financial checkin
:x: Eat at deficit (no outside eating + eating clean and healthy food)
:x: Quit Addiction

3 Likes

Week 1 [Friday]

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: Check-in
:white_check_mark: Affirmations
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: Mission Task

Other tasks
:white_check_mark: Wake up before 5 am
:white_check_mark: Physical Workout (6 days a week)
:white_check_mark: Yoga (6 days a week)
:white_check_mark: Cold Shower
:white_check_mark: Mindful Eating
:white_check_mark: No Junk Food
:white_check_mark: Non-Zero Studying
:white_check_mark: Chess & Brain training games
:white_check_mark: Reading a good book (at least 7 pages)
:white_check_mark: Planning for Next Day

3 Likes

It’s actually this app :slightly_smiling_face:. I always poke around in settings of new apps I download.

Hey man! Might I suggest you lower the studying time to achieve it.

Also, I recommend using the pomadoro technique. It was designed to help work with focus I believe.
One full cycle is as follows:
Work for 25m
Break for 5m
Work for 25m
Break for 5m
Work for 25m
Break for 5m
Work for 25m
Then, you break for 15m.

Repeat as needed. With studying, this helps a lot because your brain can only take in so much info at once.

For my past college course in computer networking and technical support, I found that doing 1 full cycle so 100m total studying was more effective than 3-4 hours studying straight.

Also, “Study Bunny” (not buddy) is a great app where you can set a study timer and earn coins. With these coins you can upgrade your pet bunny and his surroundings.

Fair warning, you can watch a video to double your earnings after each session. There sometimes are girls in bikinis. If you can handle this great. Otherwise, just go with 1x coins… You’re really only in competition with yourself anyways, so what’s the rush. I personally just look away but that doesn’t work for everybody.

Also, for the eating out if that’s what eat at deficit refers to…I struggled with this for a long time and am still in repair.

I ended up just budgeting a $5 meal plus a $1 soda and never going over. I can afford doing this 4-5x a week… It’s easier here cause no buses on Sunday to go downtown.

There is 1 actually healthy place in the food court at our main mall. It’s Mediterranean food, like healthy wraps/gyros.

I recommend not shocking yourself and trying to immidietly switch to eating all meals at home. I can tell you this will likely cause you to binge.

What I did is started eliminating 1 day per week. I got down to only eating downtown on Tues, Thurs & sat.

The only reason I’m budgeting to eat downtown now is I need to eat more calories for my health. It was a recommendation from my therapist who knows a lot about eating disorders.

If limiting going out isn’t an option, you’ll have to bring a meal. Ideally, you can just bring snacks and not have to worry about bringing a freezer pack…i mean if you have a fridge or lockers to keep your food in with a freezer pack or not, then that’s perfect.

The reason I go out is to play Pokemon go, so freezer packs are extra weight I need to avoid as I walk for several hours in the nice weather.

Good snacks are juice boxes, nuts, dried fruit, granola bars (there are lots of healthy ones out there), fresh fruit like apples and bananas, fresh vegetables like baby carrots, meat sticks if you need more protein (unless you have health issues suggesting you need to limit your sodium intake, you don’t really need to worry about sodium…obv dont go over like 5000mg a day though…), Cookies, crackers.

I know some of that stuff is not the healthiest, but all you need to achieve is eating 80% clean and you’ll reap all the benefits of eating clean. You’ll go insane trying to eat 100% clean and likely binge eat crap food.

A good realization my spiritual wife and I had. It’s called crap food because it makes you feel like crap and it’s called good for because it makes you feel good.

Also, you can very easily feel the live energy from eating live food like fruits and veggies.

Lastly, if you’re trying to quit something you need a replacement. When I was trying to quit pop (drinking again to help get calories to not have my body in starvation mode) my nurse recommended “bubbly”. It’s only 2 ingredients are natural flavor and carbonated water.

This isn’t like that gross perrier or sparkling water. If you’ve ever had nestle flavored water bottles, it’s about 80% as sweet which is really nice. I recommend the cherry one, but the strawberry one is still pretty sweet too.

If your stores don’t sell bubbly, look for those 2 ingredients carbonated water and natural flavor then look for ideally cherry.

That’s just an example of replacing a bad thing with good.

I hope I helped shed some insight on your part.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Check-in
:x: 2/6 Affirmations
:white_check_mark: 4/6 studied for 2 hours

Other tasks
:x: 3/6 Wake up by 5 am (Woke up at 5)
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Physical Workout (50 pushups)
:white_check_mark: 1/6 Yoga
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Cold Shower
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Conscious living (though not entirely)
:x: 1/6 Planning for next day
:x: 0/6 Worship / Praying

2 Likes

Great job on the concious living. I personally think it’s unrealistic to live in the present moment all day unless you’re a monk living at a temple… Even then.

A book I read called: The Miracle Of Mindfulness by Tich Naht Hahn recommend dedicating a day to Mindfulness. Obviously for people with traditional jobs, Sunday is likely best.

The book claims after dedicating this 1 day per week that mindfulness will slowly work it’s way into your other days. The book says it takes many years to achieve being mindful most of the time, but the key word is most. The author understands that it’s too easy to get caught up in differing thought in the modern world we live in.

The book is a great read. I have the physical book, the soft cover is not too much. A quick Google search however, and you can find the PDF for free.

I’ve mostly read it 4 times. 1/4 times I read the meat of the book and skipped the suggestions it has at the back for how to incorporate mindfulness into common everyday tasks.

I have a hard time finishing books cause of my ADHD. This book really stood out to me. I think I’ll start reading it tonight before bed, it’s been about 1 year since I last read it.

I like reading it many times because it reminds me to be mindful.

Peace!

2 Likes

@EmeraldArcher sounds great. I look forward to reading that book.

I got introduced to this whole concept of mindful living during a session (called Inner Engineering) with an Indian monk called Sadhguru. I practiced it for a day and found huge improvements in my concentration levels. And I felt at peace throughout the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uINxm_wbc

2 Likes

Week 1 [Friday]

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Check-in
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Affirmations
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Meditation
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Mission Task

Other tasks
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Morning routine
:white_check_mark: 3/6 Eat 1500+ calories
:x: Bed by 1am, wake by 10am - Got up at 2pm, bed after I submit to other 2 challenges so around 5:45am… This is way late for me, my cut off has usually been 2am. But, because it was Valentine’s Day, I was busy for most of day with Spiritual wife, then when I got to my place my split couch showed up which needed some assembly, plus I got a new smart watch that needed setting up.

It’ll take me 2 days to get back to normal schedule. The good thing is, I got this watch for it’s vibrate alarm feature to not wake up my spiritual wife when I’m sleeping at her place. Plus, when I leave a review for the product, I can get a $20 rebate or test one of their new products… I’m choosing the latter and going with a sleep light. I always wanted to test those things. I figured I wasn’t aware of the $20 rebate, so financially it works out great to forget about the $20 rebate and go with something that will likely help me so much!

I’ll test it at my place and if it ends up even waking me up 30% better, I’ll get one for spiritual wife’s place… She has one though she never uses, maybe if it ends up working for me, she’ll use hers. Ideally, we wake up at different times so we can share hers : )

2 Likes

Week 1

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Check-in
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Affirmations
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Meditation
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Mission Task

1 Like

Week 1 [Saturday]

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: Check-in
:white_check_mark: Affirmations
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:x: Mission Task

Other tasks
:x: Wake up before 5 am
:white_check_mark: Physical Workout (6 days a week)
:white_check_mark: Yoga (6 days a week)
:white_check_mark: Cold Shower
:white_check_mark: Practice Conscious Living
:white_check_mark: Mindful Eating
:white_check_mark: No Junk Food
:x: Minimum 8 Pomodoro study sessions
:white_check_mark: Chess & Brain training games
:white_check_mark: Reading a good book (at least 7 pages)
:white_check_mark: Planning for Next Day

4 Likes

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Check-in
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Meditation
:white_check_mark: 5/6 studied for 2 hours

Other tasks
:x: 3/6 Wake up by 5 am (Woke up at 5:30)
:white_check_mark: 4/6 Physical Workout (50 pushups)
:white_check_mark: 2/6 Yoga
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Cold Shower
:white_check_mark: 5/6 Conscious living (though not entirely)
:x: 1/6 Planning for next day
:x: 0/6 Worship / Praying

2 Likes

Thank you for your great advice… I will definitely try it today and then see how it works… I’ve installed study bunny app and follow pomodaro technique… :dart::dart::innocent::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Great dude
you are putting in a lot of effort.
Greatness is not an action but the style of living. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Week 1

Mandatory tasks
1/3 :white_check_mark: Check-in
2/3 :white_check_mark: Affirmations
2/3 :white_check_mark: Meditation
2/3 :white_check_mark: : Mission Task

Today, I was about to have a wet dream. I was dreaming of sex in sleep, unintentionally. But suddenly I realized I am not supposed to do that and woke up. And Im glad. Everything has a cost. Greatness has a cost. It is always trade-off

2 Likes