Lancelot's Personal Journey towards life goals (27 M)

That’s great to know bro, I mean yeah it’s important to keep yourself occupied, in the beginning it felt great posting stuff from time to time but later I don’t know it felt like my mind started perceiving the forum as a facebook or instagram alternative which is not healthy, we need to remember that we are here to learn from others and also here to share thoughts but with some limitations as well. Too much of anything is not good.

5 Likes

Exactly my thoughts!

4 Likes

What’s up bro? You’ve gone completely silent. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with that but I also noticed you’re relapsing more often. Just wanted to remind you to not give up. We’re rooting for you bro!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot bro, I guess that’s the only thing I want to hear at this moment. :pray: Ya I am quite losing control nowadays, I hope this month I’ll do better. I was mostly in autopilot mode which again made things worst. But overall I am still fighting, like working on the important things, making time to read the book. This month I have planned to do some terrace gardening, hopefully that should keep my mind more focused on good things. BTW I am very happy to see you getting stronger brother. :raised_hands::moyai: you are on gigachad mode :smile:

5 Likes

How’s the terrace gardening going so far? What are you gonna plant?

I’m planning to start learning drums. Drum sets cost a lot so I’m gonna make a DIY set with buckets and plates and practice on that. If I’m consistent for a month or two, I’ll buy a good set.

3 Likes

So far I have bought a few HDPE grow bags, coco peat and regular potting mix soil. I am planning to start with Okra, Tomatoes and Sunflower. Will start by this weekend. BTW talking about drums, it reminds me of Fl Studio, if you like to try making music virtually I will recommend you to give a shot to a popular DAW, “FL Studio” Back then in 2018 when I was searching some tutorials, I discovered there was a way to make music from your computer and that’s where I discovered about Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Fl Studio. I have made a couple of beats out of it for fun and learning purpose, though again the technical side like sound engineering is a bit complex thing, but apart from that you may learn a thing or two.

P.S. In case, you might want to check out my SoundCloud page, here is the link, just select the tracks. https://on.soundcloud.com/tqMe1

I go by the name Xane Dynamo, currently not producing anything, and please keep the volume low, because I am not good with sound engineering and filters, so it may be best to play in low volume.

3 Likes

Noice, you know quite a lot about music. All this info will prove to be very useful for me.
Btw, what a coincidence! I just recovered my SoundCloud account a few weeks back. Hadn’t logged in for years. It is always a delight to discover an old playlist after several years. Pure nostalgia. Was jamming to my small playlist in SoundCloud for hours the day I recovered my account. I’ll surely give you a follow bro.

3 Likes

Nah not much just basics, real game begins with sound engineering. Glad to know you recovered the gem, there are various artist who make great music and post it on soundcloud only. BTW thanks a lot bro, hope you will find something good enough on my page haha :smile:

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, so it’s time for some updates.
So far, I’m doing well again, at the very least, I’m not worried out or bothered by the events of the past. Despite the fact that I couldn’t maintain a decent streak for a while, but I’m not giving up now because there is so much ahead of me to achieve that this lifetime won’t be enough alone.

So here are my past few week updates:

:ballot_box_with_check: I revised blender box modeling, practiced spline/curve modeling, made a 3d base model of a wine glass.

:ballot_box_with_check: Tried my hands on unity again, it was always fun to open it, recalled my old uncompleted project of capsules.

:ballot_box_with_check: Tried to understand the C# from scratch, it was such a mental torture, but I learned a few things.

:skull_and_crossbones: Didn’t practice digital art basics like drawing basic oval shapes, lines and ghosting techniques.

Apart from that, I spent my time working and caring for my little seedlings and recently watched a YouTube video of Alan Walker “I Made A Song In 10 Minutes, 1 Hour, 100 Hours!” where he showed how he make a track in limited time, it was literally inspirational, motivational and nostalgic because he uses FL Studio which is something very relatable to me.

5 Likes

Nice bro, keep on practicing your blender and your hard work will bear fruit one day.

4 Likes

Thanks bro, will continue practicing and learning it. 3D for life :smile:

Power of blender :point_down:

5 Likes

Dang! You made that bro? @LL667788

2 Likes

Ah nope bro, that was actually a timelapse video where the entire process was shown. I just shared it to show the capability of Blender. I am currently learning 3D props and will soon try to finish an interior medieval scene with those props.

3 Likes

Noice man! Looking forward to see your masterpiece. I’ve seen a few videos on how game environments are made in unreal engine. That stuff is quite fascinating.

2 Likes

Just search quixel or megascans bro, those are some high level photoscan 3D assets, it’s more like drag and drop. They are available for free, if you are an unreal engine user, and they literally make things easy from game design perspective.

3 Likes

Haha hopefully yes, if my system support in the rendering part. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Day 83 (06/05/23)

As usual, trying to get a good grip on my thoughts and discovered some other ways around to keep my mind distracted and motivated towards the work needed to be done. Finally, after dealing with a hell of procrastination, I can proudly say today that my mind has developed a new routine of studying. I can at least now put my mind on the lectures needed and can continue studying without much difficulty in focus or concentration.

So here are my past few week updates:

:ballot_box_with_check: I revised blender box modeling, practiced spline/curve modeling, and finally completed the first section of Modeling by CG Fast Track, literally the basic of modeling that I enjoyed so far, next target is to keep recalling them and finish the notes for the candle and window modeling part.

3D PROPS inclined towards fantasy/medieval style elements, like Round and Rectangle jar, candle stand and a Candle, a Scroll and a book with straps. A basic ring and a magic sphere with the stand.

:skull_and_crossbones: Unity on hold for now because I spent the majority of my time with blender.

:ballot_box_with_check: C# updates, after searching for some decent course on Reddit, figured out Tim Corey has a good one, so far finished few basic lectures.

:ballot_box_with_check: Spent some time today practicing digital art basics.

Looking forward to more productive days! :fire: :muscle:

6 Likes

Woah :star_struck:, waiting for the final results!

4 Likes

Thanks bro @Sholt_Tenkerrot
I am on my way to the other two parts where the majority of the magic will happen like UV unwrapping and adding textures bringing the models to life. Because of procrastination, I never really finished anything, but last night finally completed the first part.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:
All the best!

3 Likes