Jared.CšŸ¤™ [[My Journey of Self Improvement]]

Happy Birthday @jarjar :birthday::piƱata::piƱata:

3 Likes

Happy birthday @jarjar brother. Let #forevernofap be your present this time and all time.

4 Likes

Thanks definitely bro

Thanks bro

5 Likes

Day 38. Still continuing self improvement, continuing to socialize and Ive been getting shit done like always, I have been a bit slack on pushups and going to the gym but I intend to get back into it, my back has been feeling sore when I wake up, so it is hard to keep up. Other aspects like cold showers or getting chores done are good, itā€™s the reason Iā€™m still on nofap, Iā€™ve also been doing meditation if I get urges, I just remind myself that itā€™s my body telling me to get shit done, and thatā€™s what I do, I recently went to a party and had some I had little too many if you ask me, but I had a good time I was having conversations, it was mainly men at the party it was good, but towards the end of the night I was so drunk that I to talk about nofap, I started asking others if they do nofap, they said they tried it but said that it didnā€™t work and they were back beating their meat and claimed fapping is good for them, I then told them about me doing nofap and how itā€™s turned my life around, and how fapping for me leads to misery, they literally respected me for doing this lifestyle. Unfortunately I was so drunk by this point that I was literally trying to convince them to do nofap and list all of the benefits, next thing my sisters arrive and take me home. Next time I will just drink less alcohol or drink none at all.

4 Likes

That means no fap is something you are obsessed with and thatā€™s a great achievement in my opinion :fire::fire:.
Even after getting drunk all you could do is talk about no fap benefits :joy::fire:, next level.

3 Likes

Day 42
Ive been investing all of my time into self improvement rather than counting days,there are times where it hasnā€™t been easy but I do things which keep me focused. Ive been feeling quite horny this morning its the first time feeling this way in a while, itā€™s not worth panicking otherwise I could relapse, I decided to lift weights to remind myself that I can use my energy for other things instead of fapping. Recently Ive noticed some things, Ive started getting more urges, erections, and Ive started to notice more females out in public, Iā€™m not objectifying women, but I get this feeling of attraction towards some woman I see, itā€™s my hormones and testosterone kicking in, itā€™s like Iā€™m going through puberty again, but just because that happens doesnā€™t mean I use that as an excuse to fap, instead I transmute my energy or I just talk to that girl which I havenā€™t got the balls to yet. The mind will trick you into thinking that ā€™ oh I just saw a beautiful girl I should fapā€™ donā€™t fall for that you will feel like shit after and fall back into the trap of Pmo, instead be like ā€™ oh I just saw a beautiful girl, maybe I should go say hi, ask how her day is and maybe even ask for her numberā€™ thatā€™s the mindset we should have not one that tricks us into doing Pmo.

4 Likes

:100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::100::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved:

2 Likes

This past week has been really difficult I had alot of relapses after 50 days I got sick and ended up relapsing, Ive been getting the chaser effect alot and havenā€™t been able to control myself, yesterday I gave in to my urges again and relapsed twice, I honestly donā€™t know what to do, itā€™s like Ive forgotten how to do nofap.

3 Likes

Bruh happens with me too especially when I relapse after a good streak.
Being accountable helps.
Also shift your focus towards something else, like good habits.

2 Likes

Day 2.
So Ive been busy these past few days, I was listening to these nofap podcasts when I felt like I was at my lowest, but when listening to them they gave me a purpose and gave me hope again, I was so inspired that I listened to them again and wrote down what I learned, listening to the podcasts also encouraged me to write down goals that have things to do with good habits I wrote down a healthy routine of my own to follow, such as making my bed, working out, waking up early and doing house chores etc. Some of the things Iā€™ve been following quite well, Iā€™ve been making my bed and working out, I watched a video and was learning about the bench press I even woke up early, yesterday I tidied my room and rearranged my bed in a different position, sometimes rearranging bed furniture especially in nofap is sometimes essential for helping us succeed in nofap, ive found it to help me before, in my opinion, having my bed in the same place for too long sometimes creates a breeding ground for relapses, thats where itā€™s up to me to change things around to avoid that.

These some things I wrote down which I need to do
Go to the gym/workout daily
Journal and write down what I learn and what I do to overcome urges
Make my bed when I wake up
Do 10 minutes of meditation
Brush my teeth daily

5 Likes

Day 7. Ive been going to the gym alot lately, Ive been focusing mainly on my biceps and shoulders, I plan to go to the gym tonight and then take a 2 day rest. With nofap some of the things I lost to my previous relapses are returning, im starting to become confident again and Iā€™m slowly starting to socialize again, my brainfog has started to disappear, and Ive started focusing on good habits, such as eating healthier food, and getting up early, I usually wake up somewhere between 7:45 am to 8 am, I also take cold showers, a habit Iā€™m trying to do regularly is meditation, when I do that I become present with myself. I havenā€™t had a chance to to journal lately but I count this post as journaling.

3 Likes

Day 18. Been going to the gym daily for nearly 3 weeks except for weekends and Ive been really enjoying it, Iā€™m also able to meet new people there, over the past few weeks Ive been learning to socialize, Iā€™m not perfect but every time I socialize, I get slightly better.
Now with the nofap part Ive been reminding myself what happens if I give in and how I feel after Pmo, I sometimes read those things that I wrote a few weeks back to remind myself why nofap is important and what will happen if I keep doing Pmo. On and off Ive been meditating, but I need to try it more often, Ive been taking cold showers and Ive been trying to eat healthy they are what have been helping me. After 2 weeks I started being tough early and getting too excited too early in nofap, but when that happens I end up relapsing, fapstronaught, a guy from discord pointed this out and reminded me to stay humble and be patient, and thatā€™s what Ive been doing.

3 Likes

Day 28.
I have been going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week every day I go there I feel stronger.
With my nofap there have been good and bad days mainly to do with socializing but I find the further I go nofap the easier it is to socialize, when I socialize it feels so natural and feels like something men should be able to do, I have had no urges until recently and when they hit I came here asked for help, Iā€™m glad I did, I was able to to make the right choice without giving in, all it takes is asking for help, itā€™s way better than coming here after a relapse. My mind has been all over the place lately, been doing driving Lessons for my upcoming driving test, been trying to socialize, been going to parties and have been doing Christmas shopping, itā€™s overwhelming sometimes, but the good thing is Ive been doing this rather than sitting at home and masterbating, sometimes if Iā€™m feeling too overwhelmed, I will sit outside and I do a quick meditation to become present with myself, I also do this when work becomes overwhelming, Iā€™m able to process what is happening much better.

4 Likes

Every morning when I wake up, I ask myself am I just going to sit there and masterbate, or am I going to get up and get shit done?
This helps to ensure I donā€™t give in.

4 Likes

Day 30.
This weekend I had a driving lesson with great results they have been getting better every week, there was one error which could result in a fail if I was in an actual test, but lucky for me I can practice and improve it, Iā€™m starting to feel good about my upcoming test, I now feel like passing it is possible, I also did some Christmas shopping and I brought a gift for my secret Santa, today is Sunday and I plan to help my mum and dad with some things, tonight we have dinner at this place and Ive been invited.

6 Likes

Day 37.
This past week has been busy, I had 1 more driving lesson, and then the next day I took the test for my driver license, and the good thing about it is I passed, now I can drive by myself without requiring a supervisor, I was so happy and my parents were proud, I was nervous before the test, but I kept focusing on my breathing and drunk plenty of water. During the week has been busy especially with work, Christmas shopping and wrapping presents, I feel like Iā€™m starting to get my life on track, there are times where itā€™s overwhelming, especially with Christmas nearly here, yesterday I was feeling stressed, overtired and burnt out, especially with everything that Ive been doing this week, I told my parents how I was feeling instead of keeping it to myself, and gave me something to do to take my mind off how Iā€™m feeling, also instead of trying to find an escape on my phone and masterbate, I decided to wrap presents which calmed me down and I no longer felt burnt out, there are times where even though things are going well there are going to be obstacles or challenges along the way, thatā€™s when you need to stay consistent and keep doing what youā€™re doing, or if itā€™s real tough you should open up to someone and tell them whatā€™s going on, sometimes it can really help, itā€™s always better this way instead of finding an escape and making things worse.

2 Likes

Now that I can think clearly again from being on nofap, I now remember everything that lead to my relapse last month when I was on 50 days, it started when I was experiencing my first covid symptoms which was on day 42 following my sisterā€™s birthday party, I was feeling very ill, I had a severe headache, fever and loss of appetite, I was feeling so terrible that I had no energy to move that was a mistake because it meant I was lying there doing nothing and it meant I was on my phone more I was using my phone mindlessly and next thing I was looking at NSFW content, and I realized I was using being sick as an excuse to relapse, and stopped what was doing, the following days I was recovering I even went back to work, but later in the week I discovered my family had covid, I took a test and discovered I had covid, I had already been through the worst of the symptoms, I had to the next week off work, the following day which was the day I relapsed, I still had some symptoms, it was raining I was initially watching TV with my family, but then everyone went to their rooms including me I shut my door and was just lying there, I then went on my phone to read about some movies that I had watched recently at the time when I had finished instead of closing the tab, I started mindlessly browsing until I was searching random words and was looking for triggers and it escalated to me watching substitutes, and next thing I was fapping within seconds I relapsed, following that relapse I fell quite badly I got plagued with many chaser effects and was having multiple binges and relapses, this continued for the next week and a half, I was in a very dark place, they had affected my mental health badly, after that last relapse I decided that things must change and this time I was serious, I spent hours writing things down and listening to podcasts to get my mind back on the right path, I reached a point that if I donā€™t change right now and donā€™t do anything to change my life And become the best version of myself, I will be stuck in the same place forever and very quickly my life will be flushed down the toilet so I must change, stay consistent, and be disciplined. I started going to the gym and now go there on a regular basis, I now prefer this over Pmo, Ive been spending lots of time with my family and going to parties, Ive also been getting out of my way to make friends and learn to talk to girls which Iā€™m still learning. Iā€™m not quite out of the woods yet, I have a long way to go with my recovery, but Ive got to remain humble and be patient, and while recovering I continue my self improvement. Learning from mistakes I have made in the past, I changed some things around, when or if I go to my room, I make sure my door stays open except for when I sleep at night, when I need to search something on my phone I search that thing and close the tab when Iā€™m finished so Iā€™m not browsing mindlessly, and if Iā€™m sick and have no energy to do anything, I go in the lounge where thereā€™s people around, sometimes I even watch movies with them, itā€™s important to be surrounded by people because I would never fap when there are people around.

6 Likes

Day 41. Itā€™s been a busy week but also a great week for me, on Monday we were informed that covid is going around at work since Monday cases have risen and we have become short staffed due to them not being at work which has resulted in us working longer hours, but the good thing about it is I earn more money. The reason I said itā€™s been a good week for me despite it being stressful is because Iā€™m noticing more benefits from being on nofap, Ive been noticing more girls noticing me more, Ive been slowly getting more comfortable with making more eye contact, and Iā€™m constantly trying to work on other aspects of life to improve and improve myself. Examples: going to the gym, saying hello to a girl as I approach her, learning to cold approach a girl, changing my diet and forcing myself to socialize etc.
I go to the gym on a regular basis, Ive been learning to socialize and have made friends of my own, changing my diet is work in progress for me, the next thing I want to work on is talking to girls who Ive never talked to/properly met, if I can do everything else I mentioned then I can surely do this.

7 Likes

Day 57. Took my Mother for drive today, spent some time her, also visited my Grandparents on my Motherā€™s side they are doing fine they are almost in their 80s, my Nana is starting to show some worrying signs she has lost alot of weight, she is actually been sick lately, it hasnā€™t gone unnoticed by my mum, she is worried we wonā€™t have long left with her, we need to spend as much time as possible with her, other than that life is going great Iā€™m still going to the gym, and this past week Ive been trying to maintain eye contact, Ive had people smiling at me in return and I actually feel good about it.

4 Likes

there are a some concerns with my daily routine/discipline that need to be addressed.
Iā€™m still going to the gym and still trying to raise my social status, which is good, but while thatā€™s a good thing Iā€™m starting to forget the most important thing, thatā€™s me Iā€™ve been so busy Iā€™m so focused on self improvement that havenā€™t been checking in myself, Ive been feeling burnt out as a result and my good habits are starting to disappear, they are things I have been neglecting, I havenā€™t been journaling which is an issue, because when I journal I can develop strategies, some of the promises I made from day 0 are starting to slip, Iā€™m going to talk about them here, I made a promise that when I go on Google, I search the thing that I need and close the tab which I have been doing up until Christmas when I had my mind on alot of things, Ive been going on Google/gmail when I donā€™t need to be Ive been going on there more than I should be, thatā€™s one big concern for me because that can lead my mind astray, my mind goes into autopilot which leads me to mindlessly browsing scrolling and clicking, all it takes is one trigger which then escalates from there then boom relapse, thatā€™s how I relapsed that time when on 50 days, Iā€™m glad Iā€™m here addressing this right now, because I was almost pulled in today where I was mindlessly scrolling through my gmail files I was very lucky to be able to get off there before it could escalate to anything far far worse,
some other things things Ive been neglecting is the simple, essential good habits, again these were things which were resulting from stress and the lead up to Christmas, I started forgetting to brush my teeth, stopped making my bed my room started to get messy again, my sleep cycle got messed up, I had been going to bed at midnight and waking up at 8 I teaching myself discipline and I made a rule where I get out of bed no later than 8 to 8:30, but then come Christmas and new yearā€™s I had been partying and drinking, thatā€™s where my sleep cycle got messed up, Iā€™m up til 2 am most nights and have been sleeping til 10 am, which is an hour to 2 hours before work, ive been neglecting my personal hygiene and forgetting to meditate, Iā€™m still following some good habits but theyā€™re starting to slip due to all bad habits that have begun happening, I started to lose my attention span on some things, If I neglect myself too long, I could lose focus on things, like nofap, gym and even things which I have been doing to improve myself, things would go downhill quickly, and eventually relapse, so Iā€™m addressing these issues here as a self intervention to remind myself that discipline is very important and that I have to get back into my good habits, itā€™s for the sake my life, mentality and nofap.

3 Likes