Jameo's Journal

Feb. 8, 2024
Streak: 5 hours

Hey, I’m having trouble with PMO. It’s a daily thing. I spent 10 hours one afternoon and night looking at P. It’s wasting my time and energy. It’s not how I want to spend my life. That’s why I’m here. I hope posting every day will help keep me have more willpower. I have not felt any urges since getting up this morning though. Staying busy and not thinking about it.

7 Likes

Feb. 9, 2024
Streak: 1 day

Felt some urges but tried something I read from someone on this site. Sorry, can’t remember who, to give them credit. But the idea was, when you feel a temptation you say “I’m sorry. Forgive me. Restart.” I find this very powerful. It keeps me from feeling guilty about those thoughts. Instead of ■■■■ in my down time I watched other interesting but harmless video clips.

5 Likes

Feb. 10, 2024
Streak: 2 days

I had a great day, feeling good about socializing with a friend I really vibed with. Hasn’t been too hard to stay on track today, whole day was a W.

4 Likes

Feb. 13, 2024
Current streak: 9 hours
Longest streak: 2 days

I’ve been having a really hard time the last few days, continually relapsing. I notice that when I go a little while, even just a couple of days, without giving in, then when I do give in its intense. Extreme. Like a person who has been starving and then goes to a buffet and has no control. Today I’m imagining having a military commander who is keeping me on my work schedule and not tolerating any deviation from it. But that mind game only works for just so long. I need to develop healthy ways of releasing tension and diverting my attention from temptation.

4 Likes

Feb. 14, 2024
Current streak: 1 hour

I didn’t sleep well last night and looked at ■■■■ for hours. This morning I did an inappropriate video chat with a stranger in another country online. Now I’m feeling regret and discouragement. Today I am going to try to stick closely to my routine. I have a list of things to do all day in order and if I stick to that I will not be so vulnerable. And I am going to practice mindfulness. I cannot change the past or control the future, but I can choose my actions in the present. So I will focus on what is under my control, not what is not under my control.

3 Likes

You are doing great brother :fire: @Jameo

4 Likes

Feb. 15, 2024
Current streak: 2 hours

Hey fam, still having the battle of my life against PMO. I feel like I’m being attacked by wolves. But this morning, along came @_TIGER bursting out of the forest to scare the wolves off. Thanks for having my back, bruv Tiger!

These are some new things I’m trying to glow up my life:

• using the app One Sec to limit my app usage
  • made a list of alternative healthy things to do when I am bored
  • if I decide to give in to PMO, I make myself wait a while first. At first just 10 minutes, then 20. Now I am up to making myself wait 1 hour before carrying out my urges. This gives me time to slow down and maybe get distracted by other things.

Ok, movin on. I’ll get there. Centimeter by centimeter, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Feb. 16, 2024
Current Streak: 3 hours
Longest Streak: 2 days

Still struggling tremendously. Seems impossible, TBH. But getting up and trying again every day. I thought of an analogy. This struggle is like a giant boulder in the middle of a stream. The stream cannot move it, cannot overcome it, so it works around it and still gets where it is going. So rather than beating myself up for not moving the boulder, I can feel glad that I’m still moving forward in other areas of life. And when a stream flows around a boulder long enough, it erodes it and eventually washes it away. I’m developing resilience and persistence in this struggle. So that’s how I’m keeping my head up today.

3 Likes

I am also gonna support you :grin:
Keep the good work my friend :sparkles::muscle:t2:
I have a great sensation you are going to be an awesome Non-Fapper

4 Likes

@VAGABOND Oh wow, thanks fam! We can get through this together!

2 Likes

Feb. 18, 2024
Current Streak: 30 minutes

Wow today was a rough one. I did some things I’m not proud of. I’m just focusing on mindfulness now - just focusing on the present moment and not letting the past or future live rent free in my head. I’m working on ways to block apps and things on my phone. Sometimes internet is a curse.

2 Likes

My friend, remember that ■■■■ does NOTHING for you in reality and only serves to take away from you.

Focus on the day as you go, and if that’s difficult, focus on the hour. And if that’s difficult, focus on the next 15min.

What can you do that is beneficial to your life instead of ■■■■, that does nothing for you, for the next 15min? That should feel more manageable.
Rinse and repeat.

Have faith in yourself, you have resisted the urges before and you will do so again!

5 Likes

Feb. 19, 2024
Current Streak: 4 hours

@yadadada thanks so much, you’re a real one. That’s a good idea to think about just getting through 15 minutes at a time. That’s manageable. I got a little more sleep last night and feel a little better today. It’s a busy day at work so that will keep my mind occupied and out of trouble. Let’s be good today boys.

3 Likes

Good luck. It’s helpful to gamify your experience. Challenge yourself at first to just get through one day. Then if you’re successful, one week. Looking at the badges and ranking system offered by this app helps. But I also find that communicating with other people about your struggle and finding comradery in a team-like situation may be beneficial. I had a few people add me and it helps to know when I make posts that I’m not just posting into the void on here.

5 Likes

Hey @xray thanks for reachin out bruv. What does it mean to add someone? Like, to a friend group or something? Thanks for the encouragement bruv!

2 Likes

Feb. 20, 2024
Current streak: 5 hours

Props to the guys who have posted so kindly and made me feel not so alone. Haven’t been sleeping good lately, jus waking up in the night and instantly reaching for the phone to look at not nice things. This morning before I was even totally awake tho I reach for the phone and start blocking things up. Setting all the parental controls and time limits, etc. with every tool available on my phone. Can still access stuff through the work computer but I have pretty strong mental boundaries about that cause it could get me in trouble, isn’t it. So yeah it is still an intense firefight between me and PMO but I’m firing back. Keep up the good fight fam.

2 Likes

On the companions tab on the app you can add people. I don’t think there is a way to from the forum though. Then you can see people’s day counter and they can post statuses similar to how you post a status on Facebook.

3 Likes

No problem. Yeah you just go into the message board under the community tab and you can add companions there. There isn’t a feature like that for the companion forum though.

3 Likes

Feb. 21, 2024
Current streak: 1 day

Fam, a brilliant W today as I’ve reached 24 hours, no PMO! Been a while since I went more than a few hours. This addiction was making me wanna yeet this &*#@ phone out the window.

Something I recently learned helps a lot. Use the word “yet” more at the end of a sentence: “I have not been able to overcome PMO, yet.” “I have not figured out how to manage my time efficiently, yet.” “I have not developed close fulfilling relationships, yet.” The word “yet” takes that negative sentence and ends on a forward-facing note of hope and possibility.

Yesterday I got into the flow state with my work and was productive for hours. I got my phone apps so tied up with delays and parental restrictions that I set and then deliberately forgot the reset code so I can’t change them. So many times yesterday I wanted to go back to my old coping mechanisms, using ■■■■, but instead just did my work. And got more sleep last night. It feels really good.

Hoping all you lot are also snagging some Ws today.

3 Likes

Hope is a beautiful thing. Keep going brother.

2 Likes