It feels like im stuck in a loop

[17 F] i was successful in my mission for last four months… i wasnt using app but following the rules, medidating and exercising… im in 11th standard now… entering 12th std this year… colleges are closed… so many free time is there… so that thought repeatedly occur in my mind… i tried to fight back but failed yesterday… now i feel like im on tilt… what to do

2 Likes

Its 4 months of success vs 1 bad day… Should’nt you be proud??

3 Likes

@shraddha sister ,You should make a diary .and try to clear all your tasks.take part in all challenges in this forum.

4 Likes

This is a common problem between us that is students, empty mind is devils house. i have experienced the thing you are saying when i was entering 12th, also there was lockdown stuff which made it worse. i would reccomend reading any religious text whether it be bhagwaat geeta or anything. meditate daily. You can also start your diary here and share experiences, join challenges also!
btw welcome to our community!

5 Likes

Im proud of that four months… but after i lapsed its felt good and getting harder to resist… thats my concern

2 Likes

Just remember its okay to fail once. If you do it again you are disappointing yourself. Just hold on like you did for last 4 months… Journal what you are feeling or talk to yourself. Deep breathing helps me alot.

2 Likes

Look ur 18 and hormones will be raging like a volcano. But you know you are stronger than your urges girl

2 Likes

Just distract yourself @shraddha. Like spend time on your hobbies or such. Or do something productive even… This will always happen, whenever you are bored, the thought will occur… More you say no, and find your own way to handle it, more resistant you will be. As you keep building that resistance, those thoughts will decrease too…

I wish you the best :blush:

3 Likes

Should i completely stop talking with opposite gender… like on snapchat… or other media…

2 Likes

Well, I was about to suggest you to do that.

1 Like

Thats so not the problem. Actually you should try to be comfortable with the opposite gender. You should talk and not be horny.

During my nofap journey I have actually started talking more with opposite gender than I used to. In this habit we objectify bodies. And best way get rid of that feeling is talking.

3 Likes

It’s about your feeling and your rules
:thinking::thinking:
Don’t take rules (no rules in life ) before you will be sure about your feeling (what make you peace and fine ) not too much and not stop at all (because it’s nature men & women we have to learn how to communicate without hurting each other that’s it , simple , but not easy sister :wink::joy:)

You can choose to limit things around you specially talking with opp gender …
Stopping will always make you feel strange or feeling this freeze in communication

I suggest do what make you feel special girl and feel peace inside .

1 Like

If you are sure that you can manage it, then okay. If not, better to stay away from strangers. If they are friends of yours and the talks are super formal then no problem I guess… If its a long distance relationship or one of you is chasing and if all of that is going online, then it effects…

2 Likes

In my opinion, don’t talk with opposite gender…focus on your daily routine…and improve your life day by day… Your daily habits will decide your future…
Final conclusion : no one cares!
So do hard work :fire::fire: and take 100% responsibility of your life.

1 Like

Humans are meant to be social. Instead of choosing to stop talking, you can choose which subjects not to talk with opposite gender.

I limit my talks mostly to career, productivity, and other casual subjects. So you can choose which subjects Not to talk

There are tonnes of dimensions. Extreme approach isn’t what I will recommend. When I was 17-18, I used to stay by myself and not be social enough. So it resulted me being awkward around women. It might sound cool “Not talking to girls”, but think practically in real life point of view. You have to learn to talk to them as “People” and not just “Boys”.

Anyway communication is an essential part of self development, but if its hurting your nofap goals, u should stop talking to boys

2 Likes