Is there any real way to escape?

It will not work for long term

1 Like

Maybe not for you, i donā€™t understand how yoy
U want to overcome this habit but youre speaking that it wont work in the process. It can and it has for many people. If you dont believe it will work, then youll spend a long time trying to overcome it. But for the rest of us, we wont. Ive dealt with this for a while and im finally at the point where i dont have urges and think about it. and i try to put god before me. Last time i was 53 days well guess what im 61 days now which may seem miniscule but everyday p and m free is a blessing.

1 Like

First of all the thing is that willpower will never let you succeed never eve, saying from personal experience and distracting will not work for a long time or a permanent solution

1 Like

As I said, that is your experience but you cannot speak for everybody. If you canā€™t do that thatā€™s you but not everybody feels that way

1 Like

Bruh you need to engage yourself in other habits when you get urges for pmo, other habit can be as simple as focusing in breathing for a while, your mind starts associating those urges to that new habit and it doesnā€™t go for pmo anymore.
Moreover having enough knowledge to understand that pmo is not doing anything for you and thereā€™s no benefit to it is much needed. Easy way helps to deal with this, but even after that you might have some urges, people following easy way take time to tell themselves that itā€™s good to be free from that trap/I know it isnā€™t doing anything for me, so letā€™s keep going, but this too is a habit/distraction. So yeah making some habits that your mind can associate with urges is a good way to deal with this, your mind will go for that habit automatically rather than going for pmo.

Ok letā€™s see after sometime to prove to the people I have to be the part of the experiment i guess.
And one thing more reality is often disappointing

2 Likes

Itā€™s a mix of both. Thereā€™s an element of raw strength and there is an element of techniques as well.
Just like in martial arts you need to condition your body and develop some strength and stamina and then you also use some techniques with that conditioning to become a better fighter. This approach is useful everywhere. You canā€™t only rely on raw strength or only on techniques.
So yes some element of willpower is necessary and some element of organizing your routine and all is also necessary.
Now this argument should be called off

1 Like

Thatā€™s an excellent point, you summarized it well, thatā€™s what I wanted to say actually.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.