Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

Is it just me or do the days sober not relapsing into PMO seem to drag and feel longer? Anyone who is further on their road of sobriety felt this or feeling it? Does it go away? It felt like when I was relapsing that time was flying. Now time seems to go slower and my progress is minimal. I push on though because I don’t want to start over. I have battled PMO for too long. I’m not ready to give up yet. Any insight would help.

3 Likes

Yes, I definitly felt the same way, especially on my longest streak which was about half a year. I can assure you, this half year felt as long as the 6 years of higschool that came before that. There are still days during that time that I can recall perfectly by hour, whereas other days when I was not clean feel like a second…but if you feel that way, you get better! It’s scary, and you have to find a way to deal with it, especially because it sometimes leads to boredom, and boredom may lead to a relapse.
Don’t feel lost. You are on your way man!

4 Likes

Definitely. PMO, aside from all its awful effects, is also a great time killer. When you are seeking for that perfect material for hours with multiple tabs open or just fantasizing over and over again, time flies man.

1 Like

Also, it’s not only about wasting time, it’s also about how you perceive time!
When I’m on PMO, I notice that PMOing is the only “high” I have on a day. Everything else looses its emotional weight, meaning simple pleasures just don’t give me anything really.
But your memory is heavily linked to strong emotions, meaning if I only do PMO the whole day and orgasm 3 or 4 times, I’ll only remember those 3 or 4 moments, and if those moments accumulate, I’ll even only remember one or two of them.
On the other hand, if I have a normal day, just seeing the sun makes me happy. A nice conversation makes me happy. A walk in the park makes me happy. Finding my favourite cereals on a 50% discount makes me happy. Taking a bath makes me happy. Doing sports for 30 minutes makes me happy. And in between, there are times of boredom, of “doing nothing without doing nothing”, of rest, of letting the brain save the information it just got.
Put together, all this feels like time is getting longer. It just feels that way.
And I really really miss that. It’s what makes me feel alive!

2 Likes

I’m glad to know I’m not alone. I’m going to do my best to not relapse and keep my streak alive! I’m on day thirteen and couldn’t be prouder of myself. It’s not my longest streak ever but it is a start.

2 Likes

Thirteen days is an amazing start!
I almost completed day 4, so still on my way there. I’m looking forward to hear your experiences on day 22 when I hit 13 :wink:

1 Like